test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Kit in Season 9

skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
Does anyone know, if the kits are still needed to get the IV abilities.

- MK XII demo needed to get the IV mines
- MK XII fabrication needed to get the IV turret

Or are the kits obsolete now?
Post edited by skk1701j on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently in Tribble (unless they change it between now and Tuesday), a Fleet Kit is an empty Kit Frame with nothing in it, then separately you can buy Kit Modules to fill it out. The frame does give you bonuses to ground skills however, different frames boosting different skills, similar to how Deflectors work. Modules now come in marks and grades like consoles (IE mk10 rare, mk12 ultra rare). So to duplicate a Fleet Fabrication Kit, you'd buy a Frame with 5 module slots, then separately buy the Fleet Phaser Turret Module Mk 11/12 and four other non-Fleet modules to fill out the other slots.

Kit frames themselves have a reduced cost to 21k fleet credits for Mk11, 42k for Mk12. Modules for the enhanced powers (equivalent to the old Mk4 turret or mines) now cost 9k for Mk11 and 18k for Mk12. So buying the frame with the single enhanced power costs the same as before, and then you buy the other four modules individually (so costs more in total by whatever the other powers cost, but you don't get powers you don't like).

Also note frames themselves aren't fully universal. A tac might have 2 slots for Power Group A, 2 slots for Group B, and 1 slot for Group C (I forget the power group names), which would allow you to pick like 2 ranged-weapon powers 2 status-buffing powers and 1 grenade power. So if you wanted to combine the Enemy Neutralization and Fabrication kits into one loadout, gotta find a frame that supports the combination you want, or buy multiple frames.
  • Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so does this mean that I will be able to have 5 mk 12 ultra rare modules on my kit, or will I be limited to 1 ultra rare or rank 4 power from the old system, 3 rank 3's and 1 rank 2 ?

does having a lower level frame limit the mk module that I can put in it ?
    or does the fram just provide the number of module slots and the stat bonuses ?
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kit frames themselves have a reduced cost to 21k fleet credits for Mk11, 42k for Mk12. Modules for the enhanced powers (equivalent to the old Mk4 turret or mines) now cost 9k for Mk11 and 18k for Mk12. So buying the frame with the single enhanced power costs the same as before, and then you buy the other four modules individually (so costs more in total by whatever the other powers cost, but you don't get powers you don't like).

This makes purchasing the actual MK XII versions from fleet obsolete. Don't know why doing Spire except the tac consols. Players who brought the old MK XII kits are left standing. You can just buy the modules without having unlocked/brought the kit. Thought they would make at least the modules purcaseable by buing the kit. (Buy MK XII set to get the MK XII turret, take it out of the kit and put it in the new one).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    skk1701j wrote: »
    This makes purchasing the actual MK XII versions from fleet obsolete. Don't know why doing Spire except the tac consols. Players who brought the old MK XII kits are left standing. You can just buy the modules without having unlocked/brought the kit. Thought they would make at least the modules purcaseable by buing the kit. (Buy MK XII set to get the MK XII turret, take it out of the kit and put it in the new one).

Well if you want the Mk12 Embassy Turret, you'll need to unlock the Mk12 modules. My guess is that when S9 does formally launch, we'll see a lot of people using Mk11 frames (for 5 power slots) loaded with Mk12 modules (unless 12 modules can only go in a 12 frame). Plus depending on which module layout and skill bonuses you want, you may decide on the Embassy frame or one of the Spire frames or a lockbox frame or whatever else comes out next.

PS
    Whichever mod keeps burying all the getting-ready-for-S9 stuff at the bottom of the Tribble forums, please stop. Getting ready for a new launch, knowing what to buy now while you still can, versus what is worth waiting on, is relevant to all players right now. Its not about Tribble testing, but preparing while we still can.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aramyll wrote: »
    so does this mean that I will be able to have 5 mk 12 ultra rare modules on my kit, or will I be limited to 1 ultra rare or rank 4 power from the old system, 3 rank 3's and 1 rank 2 ?

does having a lower level frame limit the mk module that I can put in it ?
    or does the fram just provide the number of module slots and the stat bonuses ?

You can have 5 Mk 12 Ultra Rare Modules on your Kit, but right now there is only 3 of them available. The next lockbox is likely to have some unique modules available, but whether they are Ultra Rare remains to be seen.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    You can have 5 Mk 12 Ultra Rare Modules on your Kit, but right now there is only 3 of them available. The next lockbox is likely to have some unique modules available, but whether they are Ultra Rare remains to be seen.

And the Undine rep has some new modules.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And the Undine rep has some new modules.

But those aren't Ultra Rare just Very Rare.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been trying to follow the Kit revamp (it is the only thing I am looking forward to in the upcoming half season), has a determination been made whether to buy fleet kit now and trade in or just wait? Also, have the module strengths been locked down. I know some testing has been done and some of the new modules seem not to be so "comparable" to current models.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been trying to follow the Kit revamp (it is the only thing I am looking forward to in the upcoming half season), has a determination been made whether to buy fleet kit now and trade in or just wait? Also, have the module strengths been locked down. I know some testing has been done and some of the new modules seem not to be so "comparable" to current models.
    Well... Mk X green modules are about equal with powers on a Mk X green kit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im not looking forward to the cost of the new kit frames and modules!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Someone said that Fleet stores don't have all the modules?

Is that accurate?

For instance, on my Tac, I want one kit that is Lunge, Sweeping Strikes, Motion Accelerator, Stealth, and Ambush. I think a Spire kit would give me the slotting options for that.

I want another kit that is four grenades and something else. I think the Romulan Embassy kit has the slots for that.

Are the modules available from Fleet stores to do this?

And for that matter, the Embassy/Spire kits provide one preslotted ultra-rare module, right? Can those modules be bought individually or should I buy those kits on live to hand them in?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Someone said that Fleet stores don't have all the modules?

Is that accurate?

For instance, on my Tac, I want one kit that is Lunge, Sweeping Strikes, Motion Accelerator, Stealth, and Ambush. I think a Spire kit would give me the slotting options for that.

I want another kit that is four grenades and something else. I think the Romulan Embassy kit has the slots for that.

Are the modules available from Fleet stores to do this?

And for that matter, the Embassy/Spire kits provide one preslotted ultra-rare module, right? Can those modules be bought individually or should I buy those kits on live to hand them in?

Modules for the special Level 4 power only (now as a Mk11 or Mk12 module) are available. So at the Embassy you can buy a fleet Plasma Grenade or fleet Turret module, because that was the special ability that previously came with that kit. The other modules you have to locate elsewhere. And the new frames do not have any modules pre slotted, just an empty frame, which is why their costs were reduced.

So like to build your tac kit, you'd have to buy a frame with the right slots, then buy a Fleet Lunge Mk 12, then a bunch of VR Mk10 of the other four powers off the Exchange.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Modules for the special Level 4 power only (now as a Mk11 or Mk12 module) are available. So at the Embassy you can buy a fleet Plasma Grenade or fleet Turret module, because that was the special ability that previously came with that kit. The other modules you have to locate elsewhere. And the new frames do not have any modules pre slotted, just an empty frame, which is why their costs were reduced.

So like to build your tac kit, you'd have to buy a frame with the right slots, then buy a Fleet Lunge Mk 12, then a bunch of VR Mk10 of the other four powers off the Exchange.

The Spire kit that currently has Lunge converts to a Kit with Lunge equipped, right?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Spire kit that currently has Lunge converts to a Kit with Lunge equipped, right?
    It should. I haven't tried it though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cloaky5cloaky5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is no info on kits on this big internet :mad: . So I tried some out and these are my conclusions:
    -the new kit frames are empty, no matter where you buy them from
    -the older fleet kits are no longer available ... I miss the Romulan Fire team
    -you can rebuild the old kits like the Romulan Fire Team kit and even make it better, or more fit to your goals
    -you can not buy all the kit abilities in their ultra rare form as not all of them are available
    -you can put the fleet abilities on not fleet frames
    -I think you can put MK XII abilities on MK XI frames... but not sure
    -some kit abilities are best bought from spire/embassy, some are best bought from the exchange

This is how I rebuild the Romulan Fire Team and made it better.
    - I bought a MK XI purple frame from the exchange as it was the only one that fit my goals
    -unlike the original this one provides bonus to Combat, Spec Force, and Squad Comm
    -there was another one at the spire with 4 bonuses but the slots were not to my liking, any way it's worth checking
    -I bought the abilities from embassy (Plasma Grenade), and spire (Rally Cry), and the rest from the exchange
    -there was no vendor with an appropriate level for the kit abilities :mad:
    -the ones bought from the spire and embassy I bought them MK XI because the price was half and the difference between MK XI and MK XII is very small
    -I equipped the empty frame on my character, and it's slots appeared next to it
    -I filled each slot with the abilities I bought from the exchange, spire and embassy
    -the result is a kit better than the original Fire Team
    -I get the bonuses
    -I have a better motion accelerator
    -I have Rally Cry instead of Suppressing Fire which helps me more in the Dyson Adventure Zone, mainly when having to run from one sector to the other to kill the big dinosaurs

I am not sure, but is it possible to remove the abilities from the current frame and replace them with other ones ... I think that is the next thing I should to try.

btw, here is a link with kit specs to help you combine the frames with the abilities
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kit

Hope this helps you all.

I just tested two more things.
    -Once you put your abilities in a frame they are not stuck there forever, you can remove them and replace them with other ones corresponding to the same type of frame slot
    -you can not put two same abilities in a kit frame ... like two Ambush or two Rally Cry ... I so wish I could