test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strange Private Challenge

kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
So I am flying to our fleet starbase today, and I get an invite to a private match from some dude I've never met before. Whatever, I accept it.

So I fly around until I spot this guy. I'm set up for alpha striking and getting out, nothing else, so this is bound to be a boring match. I vaporize the dude on the first pass. After that I try to communicate with him but no answer. Second pass, we get a little bit of a fight in because my cooldowns aren't finished, but he still blows up fairly quick.

So knowing that this is likely to be a pretty boring match, I try to PM him to see if he wants to practice anything in particular, or otherwise get some training value from this. Apparently however, this guy had me on ignore. Seeing as I rarely if ever talk TRIBBLE in this game, I can only guess that he put me on ignore during the match. I vaporized him one more time, then he bailed.

Has anybody had strange challenges like this happen to them before?
Post edited by kolbrandr on

Comments

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    exact thing has happened to me. i wonder if this is like 1 guy, or if there are actually multiple people that act like this
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    some people turn off all PMs and they will show as ignoring you

devs should really write in a different error response
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited April 2014
    I tried talking to the guy on zone and local, and got no response either. I guess he wasn't the talkative type.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    He/she may have did it just to get some quick dilithium for fighting another captain. Who knows.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Last time a random guy invited me to a challenge he gave me a master key for blowing him up :)
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    same thing happend to me. a random guy in an ambassador , faw'ing. he popped pretty quickly. he didnt even bother to talk or anything when i pm'ed him., but he warped out at a point
    i was like , wtf?
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    He/she may have simply wanted to do a quick test of a change they made to their ship in a 1v1 scenario rather than joining a queue or heading to Ker'rat. Yes, if somebody wanted to do something like that - they could just ask somebody...but meh, who knows? Could even be somebody with a crappy internet connection - the poor guy just can't get a fight cause it keeps dropping him. :P
  • Options
    jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Quite the experience you had there :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I once had a fight like that in ground. this guy apparently had never faced a player who can out melee Dahar Masters. :P Note I was using at the time. I engaged at range, but kept running towards him until he got stuck in a corner, then.... NANOPULSE TO THE FACE! Then he disappeared like a coward....

then there was a time long ago that I guess they were doing it for the daily, but two LT level players challenged the same character to a 2 on 1 match.... It might have been fun except that one of them quit respawning and left the other guy to get beaten brutally.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love these sorts of invites. I often watch the zone chat outside ESD, et al, looking for "Kirks" offering to fight anyone 1v1 (or even 1v2 or 3) in a private match. I almost always raise my virtual hand and then proceed to pop their egos before offering advice/suggestions/grief counselling. :D

Once in a blue moon I get a decent match out of it. But 99% of the time it's someone who *thinks* they know how to PvP and is simply trolling for inexperienced players to roflstomp with their "OP" builds (almost always a Fed cruiser captain flying an Oddy or maybe an AC).

The "shock" value alone is worth the minor detour while en route to Ker'rat, et al. :)

RCK
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited April 2014
    I actually spent some time teaching a person like that how to use tt and survive longer....not after I rammed his ship 5 times for lols

That person is now playing pvp ,don't know how good he is because I don't have the pvp scale for people but he is one more person in the queue which is good.
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There really should be something that let's you know if a player has left the match. I've flown many times in circles thinking they were cloaked only to realize they left.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    There really should be something that let's you know if a player has left the match. I've flown many times in circles thinking they were cloaked only to realize they left.
    yeah, this. :( In the first example I mentioned earlier, the guy apparently bailed after his first respawn. I didn't realize it until a few minutes later. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You probably already know this, but when in doubt, type "O" and then the Search tab. Should show everyone on the same map with you (or not, if they've left).

RCK
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rck01 wrote: »
    You probably already know this, but when in doubt, type "O" and then the Search tab. Should show everyone on the same map with you (or not, if they've left).

RCK
    Yeah, I figured that out eventually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing