Custom Alien Enemy NPCs + Enemy ships

luqas99luqas99 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Are these possible? I am a noob.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Custom alien npcs yes, ships no, although there are a few generic alien ships you can use.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can customize the appearance of NPCs, but not the weapons, powers, and stat profiles they use. You can do this by creating a costume in the Costumes editor, selecting the appropriate NPC (in the case of NPC groups, you'll need to do this for each entity in the group), and clicking on the Appearance field in their info panel.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    luqas99 wrote: »
    Are these possible? I am a noob.
    Yes, and this is one of the most useful tricks we have available, actually.
    1. Create a roster of costumes. For ground, maybe half a dozen for variety's sake.
    2. Place an NPC group of choice.
    3. Select one of the red dots in the NPC group.
    4. Click the "Costume" button.
    5. Select one of the costumes you made (they should be at the top of the list) and click OK.

If you want particular costumes to line up with particular enemy types, follow these rules:

-- For ground mob groups, the numbering of individual mobs goes from lowest-ranked = lowest number to highest-ranked = highest number. The exception is groups including a captain-rank mob, wherein the lowest number is always the captain.
    -- For space mob groups, see this page.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Keep in mind that there are a few enemy groups that will give away their true faction by the powers they use, e.g. Romulan singularity cores or federations saucer separating ships.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Keep in mind that there are a few enemy groups that will give away their true faction by the powers they use, e.g. Romulan singularity cores or federations saucer separating ships.

And don't forget the Targ combat pets and I think the same for the Cardassian Holo emiiter ground powers
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't forget Reman Captain mobs.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Actually the singularity cores one can be useful. Who's to say the Rommies are the only species in the galaxy who use artificial black holes for power generation? (Plus it gives Fed missions another weapon color to use for allied mobs besides phaser orange.)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/