test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few ?'s about Romulans

hank41hank41 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Romulan Discussion
1. Where or when do we get our new ships when we level> I hit 10 and I thought we get a new ship every 10 levels.
2. What does KDF mean? As for a faction I went with the Romulan that helped me in my first ship battle so what am I a Romulan?
3. Can we change factions? I did not know I could turn him down then go to where? The tutorial for mechanics was good but as for who to choose a faction or where we go to get the new ships every 10 levels is slacking.

Thanks
Post edited by hank41 on

Comments

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. You should get a mission when you level for a new ship. Check your log as sometimes it will get added without a pop up telling you that you have it.

2. KDF is Klingon Defense Force, basically it is one of the shorts used for the Klingon faction. You will always be Romulan you just need to choose a side to align with. When you do you will get access to their mission, DOFF missions, BOFF species and so on. You will even have access to their ships up until tier 4 as t5 ships are not available to algned characters.

3. Faction/alignement change is not possible,
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I said this couple of times, and i will say it again, Crypic is seriously confusing new players with skill point event and double XP from missions.

So your questions:

1. You get new free ships token every 10 levels, (lv 10, 20, 30, 40). For romulan faction go to New Romulus (Tau Dewa sector) and go to Command Center. You will automatically get promotion mission when you level up from Centurion to Subcommander etc. no matter where are you currently. Note: game currently is running bonus XP event for next few days so you will level up twice faster, and you will be promoted to Subcommander somewhere at level 20,22 and get the token for free new ship.

2. KDF (Klingon Defense Force) is a faction, just like FED and romulans. Note: romulans are a faction but after mission Turning Point, you will have to choose alliance between KDF and FED.You will still be romulan after that but you will share story with your allied faction and have access to there stuff (bridge officers, low level ships, consoles, access to starbase etc) along with romulan unique stuff

3. There is no changing factions, species or career, you can only create new character and go with different path.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. You get new free ships token every 10 levels, (lv 10, 20, 30, 40). For romulan faction go to New Romulus (Tau Dewa sector) and go to Command Center. You will automatically get promotion mission when you level up from Centurion to Subcommander etc. no matter where are you currently. Note: game currently is running bonus XP event for next few days so you will level up twice faster, and you will be promoted to Subcommander somewhere at level 20,22 and get the token for free new ship.
    Actually, at level 10 he may not have finished the mission that unlocks New Romulus yet. I had to do my level 10 new ship at the Romulan Flotilla.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually, at level 10 he may not have finished the mission that unlocks New Romulus yet. I had to do my level 10 new ship at the Romulan Flotilla.

You have just reminded me.
    Everybody claims their first new ship at flotilla, it is part of Neutral No More mission. That is the problem with bonus xp event. You will be level 20 and still wont get to that mission.
    Every other promotion gives Admiral Kerekek at New Romulus.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • hank41hank41 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks guys , yup thats it the 2x exp event. Leveling to fast and not getting the mission that unlocks the new ships. This event is bad for new players oh well.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to the Romulan fraction. You only get to feel like a Romulan until you realize you're just a Fed/KDF char by proxy.

edit:
    while you do get ACCESS to fed/kdf ships depending on who you align with. You must pay dilithium for them. You level up tokens are only good for Romulan Warbirds.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Leveling a rom was quick before, and yeah this limited event will make it far faster.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!