test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avenger Build - Feedback?

bertiewoosterbertiewooster Member Posts: 92 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Federation Discussion
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=stronbadiaavenger_0

This is an all-beam avenger build I've been working of, built largely out of stuff I had around in my inventory. I'm aiming to improve DPS right now. This first issue is that my weapons are a bit random, they're disruptor but they're of differing mark/modifiers. Am I correct in thinking that I should replace these with beams that all have [acc]x3 (or as close as I can get to that)? My understanding is that the [acc] modifier is far more useful than any of the others. Also, I'm thinking about going all beam arrays and losing the dbbs since they have a narrow firing arc and aren't useful for broadsiding.

Here's some stats:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5986185/Rando/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-15%20at%206.34.01%20PM.png

If I'm reading this right, despite my haphazard build, I'm still pulling about 8k dps. I'd like to get that over 10k if possible. What do you guys think we be the best direction to take?

P.S.
Right now I only have only green-quality technician doff. Most avenger beam builds I see have 3, and they're at least blue quality. Hopefully I'll replace that guy soon with some better quality doffs.
P.P.S.
I need to get rid of aceton beam. It doesn't really seem that useful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Post edited by bertiewooster on

Comments

• ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Search the forums for builds, they are already there. Don't forget to check the klink side since the Mogh is a copy of the Avenger.

The Mogh and Avenger are equally capable in a DHC or Beam Array configuration with the right setups. There are several setups that work well too, so have an open mind and find something that fits what you have.

I used to run the Mogh with beam arrays, no tac vuln consoles, and I was getting 20K DPS in pugged ISE. Based on that, you have some improvement in DPS over what you are getting to look forward to.

If you have the technicians for an Auxillary to battery setup, this should be a helpful start.

TT1, BFAW2, APB2
    TS1 (only if you must use a torpedo for some reason)
    EPTS1, A2B1,EPTW3, DEM3
    HE1, ST2
    ET1, A2B1

If you don't have the technicians, there are builds for setups without A2B that work well too. Just search the forums for Avenger and for Mogh to find them.
  • clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=stronbadiaavenger_0

This is an all-beam avenger build I've been working of, built largely out of stuff I had around in my inventory. I'm aiming to improve DPS right now. This first issue is that my weapons are a bit random, they're disruptor but they're of differing mark/modifiers. Am I correct in thinking that I should replace these with beams that all have [acc]x3 (or as close as I can get to that)? My understanding is that the [acc] modifier is far more useful than any of the others. Also, I'm thinking about going all beam arrays and losing the dbbs since they have a narrow firing arc and aren't useful for broadsiding.

Here's some stats:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5986185/Rando/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-15%20at%206.34.01%20PM.png

If I'm reading this right, despite my haphazard build, I'm still pulling about 8k dps. I'd like to get that over 10k if possible. What do you guys think we be the best direction to take?

P.S.
    Right now I only have only green-quality technician doff. Most avenger beam builds I see have 3, and they're at least blue quality. Hopefully I'll replace that guy soon with some better quality doffs.
    P.P.S.
    I need to get rid of aceton beam. It doesn't really seem that useful.

Not to change the subject, but what program are you using to get that screenshot?
  • bertiewoosterbertiewooster Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1008301

The download linked there is what I'm using.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This software shows higher DPS numbers than ACT plugin by approximately 10% every time.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which plugin do you use with ACT? I found the allhecumus one to be very accurate. The one hiccup I found when using ACT is that the duration time is sometimes not correct. Being off by a few seconds can make a difference in calculated DPS, but found the overall damage to generally be the same when compared to combatlogreader.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am using one from Hilbert guide page, the new one.
    Before i was using someone else, and it seems more or less same results with both of them.

Have link of that one, so i can try to compare?
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best suggestion I would have is to go full beam arrays, so that all your weapons continuously fire. Swapping a bfaw1 to a torp ability to help initiate the inspirational leader wouldn't be a bad idea.

3 techs, a fabrication engineer, and 2 of your choice would be a good plan
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    P.S.
    You can get purple technicians for free, though it takes work and may take a while to accomplish.

Head down to Gamma Orionis (the Borg sector block) and run the B'Tran Cluster colonization chain. Upon completing it you will get a free blue Liberated Borg Caitian technician named One of Four, and you will also make available a doff mission called "Support B'Tran Cluster Colonization Efforts". A critical success on that (easy enough if you've got a good stable of blue or purple doffs) will earn you Ten of Ten, a purple Lib Borg cat.

You can also get a purple Benzite tech named Tuziar by reaching level 4 Engineering.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • bertiewoosterbertiewooster Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    You can get purple technicians for free, though it takes work and may take a while to accomplish.

Head down to Gamma Orionis (the Borg sector block) and run the B'Tran Cluster colonization chain. Upon completing it you will get a free blue Liberated Borg Caitian technician named One of Four, and you will also make available a doff mission called "Support B'Tran Cluster Colonization Efforts". A critical success on that (easy enough if you've got a good stable of blue or purple doffs) will earn you Ten of Ten, a purple Lib Borg cat.

You can also get a purple Benzite tech named Tuziar by reaching level 4 Engineering.

I'm working on the b'tran chain. I failed one of the assignments and now it's disappeared...I've read that it will show up again after some time and I can complete the chain, so I'm just waiting to do that. Once "Support B'Tran Cluster Colonization" is available, I have plenty of blue and purple doffs for that so a critical success shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I would use the ACT plugin, but ACT doesn't run on a mac as far as I know. The one I'm using is the only thing I've found that works so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]