test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's happened to the CE?

ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've logged on a few times over the past week and pug'd the Crystalline Entity a bit.

Suddenly, I've started placing first with nearly all of my chars. Once, even with my Vulcan engineer in an Avenger with very little purple gear...

Either I'm getting better with how i'm piloting, or.... people playing it lately are just sucking with their builds, etc.

I'm leaning towards the latter being the more plausible argument.
Post edited by ngonorrhea on

Comments

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nothing appears to have changed, just the quality of others running CE. CE is about damage and healing combined in some sort of wacky formula. I rarely see anyone with more than 1k HPS in there anymore, so running a build that tanks well by using heals as well as does good DPS will usually place first.
    You should install a combat log parser and check the details to see what is happening. I've used both ACT, and combatlogreader. If you have high DPS and high HPS, then you'll probably get first place.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also a lot of the higher DPS players are done with their Nukara rep system, have acquired the stuff they want/need, and don't run that mission anymore.

Honestly, it's not really worth it. You get 50 marks on a 30 minute cooldown, which all in all isn't bad, but you also get 480 dil, also not that bad, but the gear you get? Horrible. The normal difficulty is a slap in the face with mk X TRIBBLE, and even elite sometimes gives mk X junk, and occasionally mk XI stuff, not the mk XII stuff it should be giving.

It's often easier and more time efficient to just run the easy and medium grounds on Nukara prime, 30 minutes spent, you can rack up an easy 100 marks, with at most a 20 minute cooldown on any of those missions. And with the new Solonae EV suits (ok, not so new), it actually makes Nukara prime even easier than it already was.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You must have noticed the player drop off ? No ! Well there has been so less competition means your chances of being 1st are higher.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also a lot of the higher DPS players are done with their Nukara rep system, have acquired the stuff they want/need, and don't run that mission anymore.

Honestly, it's not really worth it. You get 50 marks on a 30 minute cooldown, which all in all isn't bad, but you also get 480 dil, also not that bad, but the gear you get? Horrible. The normal difficulty is a slap in the face with mk X TRIBBLE, and even elite sometimes gives mk X junk, and occasionally mk XI stuff, not the mk XII stuff it should be giving.

It's often easier and more time efficient to just run the easy and medium grounds on Nukara prime, 30 minutes spent, you can rack up an easy 100 marks, with at most a 20 minute cooldown on any of those missions. And with the new Solonae EV suits (ok, not so new), it actually makes Nukara prime even easier than it already was.

Ce gives 60 marks for 5-10 minutes play, is easy and you can access is from everywhere when you feel like it.

Nukara gives 100 marks for more effort in about 30 minutes PLUS you need to spent time to go there and back from there to what ever you are doing after that.

Nope, nukara is not more efficient then ce... Like... At all...
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ce gives 60 marks for 5-10 minutes play, is easy and you can access is from everywhere when you feel like it.

Nukara gives 100 marks for more effort in about 30 minutes PLUS you need to spent time to go there and back from there to what ever you are doing after that.

Nope, nukara is not more efficient then ce... Like... At all...

Um... you obviously didn't read my post. You get 50-60 marks for 10 minutes of work and then a 30 minute cooldown. Total time spent: 45 minutes before you can do it again.

Nukara ground has 30 minutes of work, 100 marks, with constantly cycling cooldowns that make it so you can continuously pick up missions. And due to the fact you can have multiple missions running at the same time, and some of the missions are advanced by EVERY PLAYER IN THE ZONE... um... nope, it's more efficient. Period.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, gotta go with Heretic on this. I tested it both ways, and hammering the Nukara ground stuff is the best way to go. I rarely even went to the interior, I just stayed outside and hit the Easy, Medium and Zone Wides out there. If I had CDs to wait out, then I might jump into a CCE. I used to do essentially the same thing back when Nukara awarded Fleet Marks before the Nukara rep, was way faster than grinding the queues.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah the "quality" of the participants is much lower. Now I always get 1st or 2nd place (Elite) with the only two toons I do CE with.