test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon Fuel For More Weapons

supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
Romulan repeaters and the plasma flamethrower. Those are two very unique weapons because of their new mechanic that uses weapon fuel instead of a burst attack and cooldown, allowing for sustained fire.
I'd like to see more weapons, if not all weapons, having this function.
Most weapons, as seen on the show, have some kind of sustained fire or higher power setting, and that tends to use up battery power, right?
I imagine that weapon fuel might make less sense on weapons ike the compression pistol and sniper rifle, but I want to see how far I can get with that without seeming too out-of-place.
Compression Pistol - Burst fire. Primary fire takes 5% charge. Secondary fire has no cooldown, but takes up 20% charge.

Dual Pistols - Sustained. Primary fire takes up 10% charge a tick. Secondary fire acts the same.

Stun Pistol - Sustained. Primary fire takes up 15% charge a tick. Secondary fire takes 8% charge, but burst fire only.

Wide Beam - Sustained. Primary fire takes up 15% charge a tick. Secondary fire sustainable, but takes 30% charge a tick.

Full Auto - Burst fire. Primary fire takes 7% charge. Secondary fire sustainable, but invokes a cooldown after letting go of trigger, and drains 15% charge a tick.

High Density - Sustained. Primary fire takes up 12% charge a tick. Secondary fire has no cooldown, but takes up 20% charge.

Sniper Rifle - Burst Fire. Primary fire takes 8% charge. Secondary fire takes 25% charge, but has no cooldown.

Split Beam - Sustained. Primary fire takes 12% charge a tick. Secondary fire sustainable, but takes up 33% charge a tick.

Assault Minigun - Sustained. Primary fire takes 5% charge every tick. Secondary fire acts the same.

Blast Assault - Burst Fire. Primary fire takes 10% charge. Secondary fire takes 40% charge, but has no cooldown.

Pulsewave Assault - Burst Fire. Primary fire takes 10% charge. Secondary takes 33% charge, but has no cooldown. Honour Guard Pulsewave/Adapted M.A.C.O. - Secondary takes 50% charge, and a two-second cooldown.

All power cells, in addition to damage boost, restore weapon fuel to full.

I'm not good with numbers and stuff, but I am thinking based on weapon fire rate and damage. If you want to change around a few things, go ahead. And hand me your opinion on the subject.