test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BoP PvP Assistance

kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
I'm trying to get back into PvP. I tend to stay away from the queues, and used to have a lot of fun instapopping Feds in my B'rel Retro circa 2012.

Well the B'rel Retro isn't cutting it anymore as a torpedo instapopper, so I thought I would try a more conventional energy weapon build. I saw there was a Norgh retrofit, the refit of a ship that to me is absolutely beautiful. After tinkering a bit, I settled on a setup quite similar to that of some dude named Thissler.

This build seems to gather quite a lot of hate for some reason. So if going with a big BO and HY is considered "unsporting", what is another way of setting up a BoP for Ker'rat that is "acceptable"? It just doesn't seem to have the staying power to go toe to toe with a lot of the TRIBBLE flying around in that zone. I'm not really planning on changing the build, but I am curious and would like to try stuff out.
Post edited by kolbrandr on

Comments

• iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    I'm trying to get back into PvP. I tend to stay away from the queues, and used to have a lot of fun instapopping Feds in my B'rel Retro circa 2012.

Well the B'rel Retro isn't cutting it anymore as a torpedo instapopper, so I thought I would try a more conventional energy weapon build. I saw there was a Norgh retrofit, the refit of a ship that to me is absolutely beautiful. After tinkering a bit, I settled on a setup quite similar to that of some dude named Thissler.

This build seems to gather quite a lot of hate for some reason. So if going with a big BO and HY is considered "unsporting", what is another way of setting up a BoP for Ker'rat that is "acceptable"? It just doesn't seem to have the staying power to go toe to toe with a lot of the TRIBBLE flying around in that zone. I'm not really planning on changing the build, but I am curious and would like to try stuff out.

I loved BoPs, doesn't matter what you equip yourself with, I don't care. Actually, don't get me wrong. BoPs are instant pops for me because your so called cloak is guaranteed to have a "malfunction" when in range and the BoP will go kaboom before its Captain even know what hit it. :D
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    This build seems to gather quite a lot of hate for some reason. So if going with a big BO and HY is considered "unsporting", what is another way of setting up a BoP for Ker'rat that is "acceptable"?
    BO and HY on a BOP is handicapping yourself in the current gameplay. If you're getting hate mail from it, you're doing quite well. Maybe there's something else you're doing, but that tactical setup is perfectly legit
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the setup is up to date and can be very effective, at least if backed up with bo doffs.... u want that proc for your hy... and if you do so u not should feel bad due to flying a klink bop (instapopped by a bo) ;):D.
    a bit cheesy, but what is not these days :(.