test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum Log-In Issues Resolved

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We had some temporary issues with some players being unable to log-in to the Forums, but our Engineers have worked to correct this problem, and all log-ins should now be working correctly.

We apologize for the inconvenience everyone!

Thanks for your patience!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yep, all working now.

I had to go a few hours without my forum posting fix. I nearly died. /faints

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • daniel672daniel672 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for sorting this out.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm and I had such a lot of silly jokes I wanted to get rid off. But I forgot them anyway by now.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the update. I thought it was me or on my end and was doing all kinds of uninstalls and reinstalls and cookie management.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the update. I thought it was me or on my end and was doing all kinds of uninstalls and reinstalls and cookie management.

Working overtime :D

For this you get a Scoobysnack, Snoogymack
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We had some temporary issues with some players being unable to log-in to the Forums, but our Engineers have worked to correct this problem, and all log-ins should now be working correctly.

We apologize for the inconvenience everyone!

Thanks for your patience!

~CaptainSmirk

Stating the obvious as we are now able to see this
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, thanks.

It's hard to post you've got trouble logging in (on the forums, that is).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you. This was happening to me this morning as well. I was relieved to get back in.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the update. I thought it was me or on my end and was doing all kinds of ... cookie management.

I can't manage cookies at all. Especially Girl Scout cookies. They just disappear from plates and boxes with no effort from me (except chewing and swallowing). I wish more websites distributed cookies to their visitors.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited April 2014
    While this is not directly related to the (hopefully fixed to never return) inability to log in, I'd also like to mention that for some unknown reason, I've been unable to 'stay logged in' to these forums (unlike the main pwe website, for instance). And as the only way to log in is the overlay window, there's no way of being logged in automatically thanks to other apps.

That means that every time I visit the forums, I need to click on 'log in' to get the window to show and then log in, which is sorta cumbersome and annoying.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Much appreciated. :)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    While this is not directly related to the (hopefully fixed to never return) inability to log in, I'd also like to mention that for some unknown reason, I've been unable to 'stay logged in' to these forums (unlike the main pwe website, for instance). And as the only way to log in is the overlay window, there's no way of being logged in automatically thanks to other apps.

That means that every time I visit the forums, I need to click on 'log in' to get the window to show and then log in, which is sorta cumbersome and annoying.

Think it is because forum is technically not on ARC site, but is redirected to old site.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank-you engineers. :)

I haven't been able to log in since yesterday, but I'm all better now....
    Are we there yet?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whew! Thought it was just me... Glad to get back in...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So it wasn't just me "forgetting" my login details then........................ good to know....
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Well, thanks.

It's hard to post you've got trouble logging in (on the forums, that is).

Yup. I even contacted the support via email and all I got was a lousy, canned "have you tried to switch it off and on again" response :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited April 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Think it is because forum is technically not on ARC site, but is redirected to old site.

Sort of, yes. I've actually been using the old homepage (that I kept being logged in) to send me to the forums. It should still work, btw. But again, it's adding one more page to load and thus is far from an ergonomic design. (The forums don't recognize you as logged in as long as you don't get to the old homepage first.)

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    (The forums don't recognize you as logged in as long as you don't get to the old homepage first.)
    ...which is odd, since when I get to the ARC multiverse (instead of the STO forum launcher), my forum name is displayed at the top right of the ARC multi-launcher; I still have to do a separate login to post anything here. This is the same whether I'm using my IE8 browser at the office, or FireFox at home. Either way, it's still
    sorta cumbersome and annoying.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yay finally, haven't been able to log in for days!