test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff Weekend Bugged for Romulans?

suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I have been on both of my fed and kdf romulan both have not been able to find Commander Rajal for the weekend event, which makes getting the reward impossible.

Was this another oversight in forgetting to put in the officer we needed to turn in for or is there some trick I am not aware of for this Reinforcements quests?
Post edited by suiksaga on

Comments

• suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On second thought there are so many errors on kdf side both in summoning the wrong followers to text and reward errors it is amazing that this got out in a patch at all........
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [Whine] I want my Liberated Rom Borg Doff!!![/Whine]

IN all seriousness though, I believe they just forgot to add the doff contact, not thinking anyone would get the mission added to it.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its the guy called B'tama or something like that. For both klingon and romulan. He is located in the hallway of honor (i think how its called) in the end of the map of the klingon academy. You accept the mission from your mission journal, you go to the academy, collect particles, and go to that guy to collect the reward. Really easy and simple.

Btw, you dont need to go to him if you already picked the mission through your mission journal. You can go directly to the academy and start collecting particles.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aten66 wrote: »
    [Whine] I want my Liberated Rom Borg Doff!!![/Whine]

IN all seriousness though, I believe they just forgot to add the doff contact, not thinking anyone would get the mission added to it.
    that or the guy spawned below the floor....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited April 2014
    The lack of quality control in this game is disheartening, makes me wonder if the dev team really cares about STO or not, seeing as every patch brings new bugs and very few if any fixes to old ones, and for a event that is suppose to go for just this weekend......
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its the guy called B'tama or something like that. For both klingon and romulan. He is located in the hallway of honor (i think how its called) in the end of the map of the klingon academy. You accept the mission from your mission journal, you go to the academy, collect particles, and go to that guy to collect the reward. Really easy and simple.

Btw, you dont need to go to him if you already picked the mission through your mission journal. You can go directly to the academy and start collecting particles.

No, just like the Exocomp/Reman, we get Roms get their own personal Doff along with the Fed/Klingon one. Or so I assume.
    edited April 2014
    No, just like the Exocomp/Reman, we get Roms get their own personal Doff along with the Fed/Klingon one. Or so I assume.
    Correct, a Borg.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It is max one per character, so i assume we can pick up one of them
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That's my guess. He seems to move around and my compass points to/around him when I step over him. Either fix it Cryptic or call him H'offa. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited April 2014

Yay, i know, im suffering from it right now.. :(
    edited April 2014
    suiksaga wrote: »
    The lack of quality control in this game is disheartening, makes me wonder if the dev team really cares about STO or not, seeing as every patch brings new bugs and very few if any fixes to old ones, and for a event that is suppose to go for just this weekend......

And this happens since AGES ago. But nobody cares..
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That's happened before. :(
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,670 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK I just went to SFA, talked to Ferra nada talked to the personnel officer on the other side, nada. how do you get the doff?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited April 2014
    You can't sadly it's a bug that most likely won't be fix before the event is over.
    edited April 2014
    OK I just went to SFA, talked to Ferra nada talked to the personnel officer on the other side, nada. how do you get the doff?
    The guy for the Romulan doff is inside NRC. But... you can't interact with him right now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can still get the fed or KDF one, depending on who you are allied with. Given that they didn't mention a separate Rom only doff, I think this is a bug and they weren't ready for release, but it sneaked out anyway. But it would be nice if Cryptic owned up to it.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014

What doff?! I got a purple one for scanning 75 annoying particles, and the exocomp; but no liberated Borg.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    What doff?! I got a purple one for scanning 75 annoying particles, and the exocomp; but no liberated Borg.
    Talk to Centurion Velaar at NRC. But you can't actually complete that mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Talk to Centurion Velaar at NRC. But you can't actually complete that mission.

Typical. Wouldn't want to actually test your stuff, would we, Cryptic?!

Thx for the reply, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Typical. Wouldn't want to actually test your stuff, would we, Cryptic?!

Thx for the reply, though.
    Truthfully... they may have tested it. They've made a lot of comments in the past about how their test server isn't an exact mirror of the live server.

But I don't really know any more about.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mayhem95826mayhem95826 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I picked an awesome month to subscribe! :P
    edited April 2014
    The joys of the unending bugs, what would we do without them..
    edited April 2014
    suiksaga wrote: »
    The joys of the unending bugs, what would we do without them..

Maybe, enjoying the best game ive ever played.

Now, is just suffering the worst game ive ever played.

I think the difference is big. lol.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16298681&postcount=177

check out this thread for the official response.

Sorry again for this derp a derp.

~CaptainSmirk
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The event mentioned a "free" doff but how do you get it? I am a Romulan/Fed. I have been to all DOFF contacts but no mention of a DIFF.
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Um, what?

You know its a bug, but the bug will take some time to fix. Thats ok.
    But instead of just extending this part until you fix the bug, you are going to wait till the event comes around again?
    In what, a year?

Sorry to people that missed it this time? Isnt this the first time Roms can do this event?
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2014

~CaptainSmirk

"While it is small consolation, and does not make up for the error, Romulan players are still able to get their allied special DOffs.

Speak to Lt Ferra and Captain Jarol at Starfleet Academy to receive your very rare Exocomp DOff."

I am not able to locate Captain Jarol at Star Fleet Academy. Does anyone know where he/she is? Trying to collect the free doff.

Thanks in advance :)
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jrbrian wrote: »
    I am not able to locate Captain Jarol at Star Fleet Academy. Does anyone know where he/she is? Trying to collect the free doff.

Thanks in advance :)

Next to Lt. Ferra (~10 foot / 3m south) in the round building (NW of the map)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really don't see why the half-faction gets to have TWO free doffs plus the ones earned from particles, anyway.