test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Check my Galor build please...

phil3822phil3822 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hi all, looking for assistance on my build. I have done the best I can so far but am open to advice etc.

Full build including skill points and rep system are linked below:
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=galorbuild_2160

Doffs are:
Marion - Systems Engineer
2x Purple techs
1x Blue tech
Purple Shield Distribution Officer

Any and all thoughts welcomed :o

Should add my BOFFs are all purple humans. I am not sure what is best, this is an area I need to learn more about.
Post edited by phil3822 on

Comments

• dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seems to me a pretty solid build. My only advice would be to change TTS 1 with ST 1 that doesn't rely on aux power. Also if you want some more damage you could use TBR1 instead of HE and move HE to the ensing level.
  • phil3822phil3822 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks both for your suggestions. I am still in the mind that ST messes with TT however I must remember that has changed. Will consider that change for certain.

Also, fair point about HE and TSS, will also consider swapping about if I don't go for ST. I normally use Aux effectively. I have enough power drain and with the warp core gives a little extra aux. Batteries come into play as suggested when needed.

Remembering that the team abilities don't interfare any more makes me think about adding ET for a hull heal as currently only shield tank.

Power levels are weapons 100/125, Shield 50/87, Engines 25/55, Aux 25/66

Thanks both.
    edited April 2014
    Ok, thanks for that. Also I suppose ST will give a useful debuff for the few times I do enter PVP. Reference the shield power, when in combat the power is much higher more often than not so not sure I would change that. Would consider though. Not sure where to take it from.

Console wise I am not sure if to change to spire ones and if so which ones. Energy type specific I guess for the higher damage %. Also, the field generator I feel is a weak link. Not sure what else I could put there or in engineering to improve survival. Again, appreciate the time people take to respond.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edited April 2014
    Rather nice build there ussboleyn and thanks for sharing. A few things for me to think about. You have a few more nicer consoles of which I will work towards. The fleet shield is certainly a though I could achieve right now. Which one do you have or suggest? You also have better hull heal ability which could be useful. I must admit though in PVE content my shields have not yet failed. PVE once shields have gone my hull goes so quick I would not have time to hit a button lol. Thanks again and have saved your build. Be interesting to go 1v1 and see how they compare. Of course you will give more DPS but I find it helpful to compare.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup thats a galor, nailed it.