test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back Ensign, Bekk and Uhlan for BOffs, please

sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
Prior to Season 8.5, the lowest rank available for BOffs was Ensign / Bekk and Uhlan, followed by Lieutenant.

I understand that for the purposes of the revamped tutorial missions in S8.5, it makes perfect sense for the player character him/herself to start out as a Cadet / Warrior / Citizen, before being directly field-promoted to Lieutenant in order to take command of a starship. However, this also had the side effect of demoting all the Ensigns in my BOffs down to cadet.

As such, I'd like to request that the starting rank for BOffs only be reverted back to Ensign, Bekk and Uhlan.
Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They are still Ensigns???? :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    They are still Ensigns???? :confused:

Nope, checked just now - all my Ensigns, which I had since I first joined just before the 2nd anniversary, are now referred to as Cadets :(
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sumghai wrote: »
    Nope, checked just now - all my Ensigns, which I had since I first joined just before the 2nd anniversary, are now referred to as Cadets :(

Ditto. Especially on my bridge.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What? I didn't notice this, that's bunk. :(
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah that got by me to, god now you've told me its really wierd on my ship ( unlisted crew on my ship... never ).
  • Options
    realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You do realize that Boff Rank is based on skill points. And, let's face it, Boffs are near useless without spending skill points. I suggest "promoting" them all to "Commander" and setting their actual rank of Ensign on the uniform.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You do realize that Boff Rank is based on skill points. And, let's face it, Boffs are near useless without spending skill points. I suggest "promoting" them all to "Commander" and setting their actual rank of Ensign on the uniform.

This isn't what we are talking about. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This isn't what we are talking about. :P

Yeah, that's not what we're really referring to, realwildblu.

Some of us (like myself) like the challenge of bringing along low-ranking Mauve Shirts with limited powers in ground combat, and some of us simply like NPC dialogue to refer to our crew by their proper ranks.
  • Options
    realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK, so you want it for the immersion/RP factor. If I could wave a magic wand, I would eliminate the game assignment of the Boff rank and use player-designated ranks. I have a Rear Admiral character who has a Boff that I want to assign as Captain...
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Some of us (like myself) like the challenge of bringing along low-ranking Mauve Shirts with limited powers in ground combat, and some of us simply like NPC dialogue to refer to our crew by their proper ranks.
    I don't think the NPC refer your crew by using any ranks. NPC will not call any of your BOFF, except for storyline BOFF like Tovan, and they are called by name. As for the dialogue "title" it's also the name.
    As for foundry, we can't know the name and the rank of your BOFF, only the class and if he/she is used on the ship/ground team.

And you can use the ensign rank even if they are cadet. The only place you'll see they are cadet is on the character panel, otherwise they'll be ensign if you want to.

I didn't even notice the rank was changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Indeed.
    OK, so you want it for the immersion/RP factor. If I could wave a magic wand, I would eliminate the game assignment of the Boff rank and use player-designated ranks. I have a Rear Admiral character who has a Boff that I want to assign as Captain...

Oh how I wish you could do this. :P