test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's with some people?

jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Ten Forward
Yesterday I was at the pool. Someone walked up to me and asked "Is the deep end deep, fatso? Cause if it is, You better get a floatie"
The funny thing was, I was far fitter than him. I train every week, he eats hamburgers every week. Genius.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jmaster29 on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That guy has a small TRIBBLE.

I had a guy like that harass me in the pool on Sunday; I tried to ignore him for about half an hour, but I finally got pissed off because he was interrupting my workout by complaining at me because I'm faster than him, so I called him a Klingon insult (rather than the less than socially-appropriate phrase I wanted to use), and swam off.

He was waiting, standing in the middle of the lane when I got back. I tried to go around, but this idiot moved so that I ran right into him. I told him to get out of my way, he said "Oh, yeah, how does it feel NOW, huh???? Huh? How old are you???"

Almost two decades of being laughed off by older but stupid people because of my age has left me with a deep hatred of that type of dominance ploy. I called him an ***hole and tried to finish my lap. He grabbed my left leg and the right leg of my swim trunks.

I kicked him in the gut (was aiming for his balls) and finished my lap, then I tore into him for grabbing me. He was complaining about me lapping him, still. It turned into screamed profanities pretty fast.

The lifeguards hauled us both out; I was rational enough to apologize, but the jerk left without another word. The lifeguard, who was smart, went into the locker room with me to guard against conflict. Get this: The goober was all upset about me kicking him.

Even though HE initiated contact.

:rolleyes:

The best part? This guy's in his early 40s by his looks, and my dad (who's pushing 50, kind of short, and about 50 pounds overweight) could kick his *ss in seconds. I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and I know Hap ki Do (Korean akido). I could've disabled and beat up this goober in seconds if I'd wanted to.

There are idiots like this in life. The best response is to ignore them.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You Amis have way to much pools over there

Reduce the pools, reduce the problems.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Not a bad idea, but it sets a precedent. What next, our Genuine 'Murican Guns????

The NRA won't stand for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea, but it sets a precedent. What next, our Genuine 'Murican Guns????

The NRA won't stand for it.

If grown-ups are to stupid to lock up their guns and other weapons so that their kids couldnt reach them.. would be a great start there to think

Whut, your a Republican?
  • Options
    saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only make use of puddles now. No one pees in puddles.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If grown-ups are to stupid to lock up their guns and other weapons so that their kids couldnt reach them.. would be a great start there to think

Whut, your a Republican?

Nah. Green Party.

I'm just realistic about our political situation.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some guys just feel the compulsion to assert their dominance over everyone within reach. Sooner or later some of them are stupid enough to bite off more than they can chew when somebody strong enough to beat them takes offense. The stupidest out of those will still fail to take the hint to back off, and end up needing to be force-fed their own limbs.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *note: this post is purely meant as bad comedy and offers no real solution to the issue*

Maybe it's time to add holsters with tiny self defense harpoons to people's swimwear.;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    *note: this post is purely meant as bad comedy and offers no real solution to the issue*

Maybe it's time to add holsters with tiny self defense harpoons to people's swimwear.;)

Imagin adding anything to Worfs pretty tight trunks...

:o could work
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Some guys just feel the compulsion to assert their dominance over everyone within reach. Sooner or later some of them are stupid enough to bite off more than they can chew when somebody strong enough to beat them takes offense. The stupidest out of those will still fail to take the hint to back off, and end up needing to be force-fed their own limbs.

Yeah, the idiot I ran into almost got to that point. If the lifeguards hadn't stepped in I figure I'd have broken his arm or something after another minute of yelling. Guy just couldn't stop escalating and insulting me...
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Not a bad idea...

I think that you'd look super sexy like that, manfred. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Not a bad idea...

I think that you'd look super sexy like that, manfred. ;)

Green party... Well at least not Republican but I thought youd be Democrate

Oh stop :o

Hey, based on all the infos and things I know about you, your name must be Martin Stu with a body like Michael Phelps you hawt betch

You ever appeared on the cover for Men's Healpfftttsss? (I am sorry, as a native german speaker I have this "th" problem)
  • Options
    edited April 2014

"Is that a tiny Mek'leth in your gold swimwear

http://coldslitherpodcast.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/worf_swimsuit.png

or are you just happy to see me?"
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Is that a tiny Mek'leth in your gold swimwear

http://coldslitherpodcast.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/worf_swimsuit.png

or are you just happy to see me?"

Lol, that was one of my favorite scenes in DS9.

When I went scuba diving last summer the dive master always carried a three pronged spear similar to a trident for killing lion fish. I think it would be the perfect solution for Worffan's problem.

Take a look:http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&hl=en-US&q=lionfish+spear#hl=en-US&q=lionfish+spear&tbm=shop&spd=12860295740260217585

You do know I'm kidding, right?
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You're all insane...

Nevermind, I forgot which forum this was. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Can't...stop...laughing!!!

Help!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Can't...stop...laughing!!!

Help!

Whose post did you read?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Lol, that was one of my favorite scenes in DS9.

When I went scuba diving last summer the dive master always carried a three pronged spear similar to a trident for killing lion fish. I think it would be the perfect solution for Worffan's problem.

Take a look:http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&hl=en-US&q=lionfish+spear#hl=en-US&q=lionfish+spear&tbm=shop&spd=12860295740260217585

You do know I'm kidding, right?

Whether you're scuba divin' or just relaxin'on ya boat...better be prepared when those pesky fish come at ya.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37GA8I3gBQ
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Whose post did you read?

All of them...

Oh, my FSM. TOO MUCH FUNNY!!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Whether you're scuba divin' or just relaxin'on ya boat...better be prepared when those pesky fish come at ya.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37GA8I3gBQ

Oh lol, there was a video of that fish jumping thing on AFV whenever there was a fish jumping out of the water and hit some poor guy in the balls!:P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh lol, there was a video of that fish jumping thing on AFV whenever there was a fish jumping out of the water and hit some poor guy in the balls!:P

OUTCH! But now I know that Feyd from the old Dune movie was on to something with his...ummm...special pants:

http://www.imagozone.com/var/albums/filme/Dune/Dune003.jpg?m=1292987328
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This made my day, both in humor and in regards to the second person to post in this thread. Good on you to kick him. People like that need to be shown a lesson - especially in Klingon. :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    OUTCH! But now I know that Feyd from the old Dune movie was on to something with his...ummm...special pants:

http://www.imagozone.com/var/albums/filme/Dune/Dune003.jpg?m=1292987328

That image just made me remember Magic Mike.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That image just made me remember Magic Mike.

That....I did not expect. Hope it's not a bad memory.
    In any case Feyd as furniture designer would probably open up new possibilities in marketing.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As regards the OP - perhaps, should this recur, you could point out that fat people are actually more buoyant than skinny folk. People like him are often confused when you refuse to take insult, and instead start discussing the actual physics of the situation.

Or you could then go on to add that he's obviously in no need of a floaty himself...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    As regards the OP - perhaps, should this recur, you could point out that fat people are actually more buoyant than skinny folk. People like him are often confused when you refuse to take insult, and instead start discussing the actual physics of the situation.

Or you could then go on to add that he's obviously in no need of a floaty himself...

Then just hope he doesn't say "I can use you as a float!". Then at that point you just punch him. That'll straighten him right out.:D
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    Yesterday I was at the pool. Someone walked up to me and asked "Is the deep end deep, fatso? Cause if it is, You better get a floatie"
    The funny thing was, I was far fitter than him. I train every week, he eats hamburgers every week. Genius.

Such dull, lifeless insult, as well. Take a page from Cyrano de Bergerac's playbook. Up the insult to show how pathetic the original was:

Insulter: "Sir, you have a very big nose!"

Cyrano: Young man, I am afraid your speech was a trifle short. You could have said at least one hundred other things, varying the tone of your words. Let me give you some examples.

In an aggressive tone: "Sir, if I had a nose like that, I would amputate it!"

Friendly: "When you drink from a cup your nose must get wet. Why don't you drink from a bowl?"

Descriptive: "Tis a rock! A peak! A cape! No, it's a peninsula!"

Curious: "What is that large container for? To hold your pens and ink?"

Gracious: "How kind you are. You love the little birds so much you have given them a perch to roost upon."

Truculent: "When you light your pipe and puff smoke from your nose the neighbors must think the chimney's afire."

Considerate: "Be careful when you bow your head or you might lose your balance and fall over."

Thoughtful: "Place an umbrella over your nose to keep its color from fading in the sun."

Arcane: "Sir, only the beast that Aristophanes calls the hippocampelephantocamelos could have had such a solid lump of flesh and bone below its forehead."

Cavalier: "A hook to hang your hat upon."

Emphatic: "No breeze, O majestic nose, can give thee cold - save when the north winds blow."

Dramatic: "When it bleeds, it must be like the Red Sea."

Admiring: "What a fine sign for a perfume shop!"

Lyrical: "Is that a conch shell? And are you Triton risen from the ocean?"

Na
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The correct reply is "How about don't worry about W.T.F I'm doing right now, chump."
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I'm actually an Aussie. Well, Half Aussie, half Polish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    I'm actually an Aussie. Well, Half Aussie, half Polish.

Oohhh half European, ok I like you :D