test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Expertise from Testing Box

genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Getting the EC and Dilithium fine from the testing box. My Expertise somehow is set to 0. Lost all the expertise I had and I didn't get any from the box.
Post edited by genrldestruction on

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    This appears to have been caused by an overflow issue... we gave you too much Expertise. =\

I'm told there will be a Tribble patch tomorrow that will fix this. Until then, sorry about the inconvenience.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This appears to have been caused by an overflow issue... we gave you too much Expertise. =\

I'm told there will be a Tribble patch tomorrow that will fix this. Until then, sorry about the inconvenience.

Yeah Can you decrease the Value to maybe 500K XP per box and then we can get more than one if needed. That would be Better
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just so you know, I did a few missions and the Character info shows I have "enough" to do a reputation project but the reputation project UI doesn't recognize that I have enough. Will your fix go back and set us back to a valid amount of expertise points?
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's worse than that, it set my expertise to -100,000,000.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just so you know, I did a few missions and the Character info shows I have "enough" to do a reputation project but the reputation project UI doesn't recognize that I have enough. Will your fix go back and set us back to a valid amount of expertise points?

Just recopy your character.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Just recopy your character.

I know it's a bit of a bother, but this is the correct solution.

These things happen. It is a Test server after all.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know it's a bit of a bother, but this is the correct solution.

These things happen. It is a Test server after all.

After getting the patch I deleted my character on tribble and recopied it. I found the console at Drozana station and wanted to try out the rep. But it wouldn't allow me to contribute any expertise. A player there said something about expertise being in the negative and I looked and mine was. :(

Also, the only way I know of to see how much expertise I have is to look at the bottom of the window in the skills tab when I have a bridge officer selected and I see its skills.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Expertise is going negative on Tribble. Freshly copied a toon today, and can't do any reputations because the skill shows negative.

http://tinypic.com/r/2yotukk/8
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Expertise is going negative on Tribble. Freshly copied a toon today, and can't do any reputations because the skill shows negative.

http://tinypic.com/r/2yotukk/8

After purchasing the Rep Test box that we've already acknowledged is bugged?

Or before?
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    comkiller007comkiller007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So am I correct in thinking that your not going to be doing a patch today to fix this problem since you just want us to recopy a toon to Tribble? What about the need for Dilithium for equipment out of the new Undine rep? do you really expect us to have to refine every bit of it?
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So am I correct in thinking that your not going to be doing a patch today to fix this problem since you just want us to recopy a toon to Tribble? What about the need for Dilithium for equipment out of the new Undine rep? do you really expect us to have to refine every bit of it?
    There is a patch coming today... he said that as secondary option.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    comkiller007comkiller007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is a patch coming today... he said that as secondary option.

I just checked the patch notes for Tribble today. I asked that because I wasn't sure if it was getting put off until after the weekend because of some unforeseen "something" happened which is usually the case when it comes to programming and debugging code. Sometimes you just get a can of monkeys and have to deal with them.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Excuse me for asking a totally obvious question, but why not just disable the resetting of our Reputation to zero?

Everytime I copy my live toons to tribble, even though they have the traits unlocked/T5 in all live Reputations, the Tribble server resets them to 0 Rep.

Surely if I've already done the hard work in levelling Rep, it would be logical to allow me to keep that progress so I'm not having to use the test items to repeat what I've already done?

Or just do what Champions Online PTS NPC does, you speak to it and say, set <level> to <number>.

2 seconds later, you're maxed out in whatever you told the PTS NPC to do.

In STO Context, you'd just go to the console, say, Set Reputation <name> to Tier <number> and be done.

Then we could test the new Rep trait system without wasting our time filling all the missions one by one.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(