test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to set up the screenshot key?

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
Tittle says it all. For some reason i dont have the printscreen key attached to the game and every time i press it, i need to open an image editor and paste the image there, since the game will not save the screenshot in the screenshot folder.

This is really problematic, since a) i cant save the screenshots without the ui. b) because i cant remove the ui, i cant make screenshots with the ship moving and stuff like that. c) i can use the /screenshot command, but i will be in the same situation that b (i cant use the command and press enter at the same time i move the camera, for example).

I cant even find the key assigned to screenshots in the keybinds section.

Probably i have the printscreen key associated to any other application, but i dont have any idea how to figure it out.

Ideas?
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you access the game via Steam:
    • Alt-F12 removes the HUD
    • F12 takes the screenshot
    • Esc brings the HUD back
    No idea about in-game or Arc etc. though so somebody else might be able to help with that?
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont use Arc or steam, just the game launcher.. but i completely forgot about the alt-f2 shorcut to hide the hud... at least that solves the problem of the hud, but still i dont know why the game does not place the screenshots in the right folder. :(, i need to alt-tab and paste the image somewhere everytime i want to take a screenshot..
  • mordecaiwhitemordecaiwhite Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for necro but I'm posting the fix for this anywhere that it's mentioned on the forums so that anyone searching for answers, like myself, might stumble upon it:

Use keybinds to just rebind the /screenshot function to another key.
    I am using the Steam version of the game on Windows 7 and I can confirm that this works, even though my printscreen key no longer does.
    I chose the "c" key because it's not already bound by default in space and makes me think "camera" or "capture".

The syntax is simple. Type the following into the chat window box:

/bind c screenshot

This will save a full-res .tga screenshot without the HUD into the Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots folder whenever the "c" key is pressed, just like the printscreen key used to.

For .jpg images (smaller file size but lower quality compressed image) just type:

/bind c screenshot_jpg

Enjoy!