test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What keeps decloaking my B'Rel?

ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I ran a B’Rel retrofit for several months. PvE stuff was going so well, I tried my hand at PvP. I constantly found my ship decloaked. Not the EBC lowered cloak thing, but a full decloak. What keeps decloaking the B’Rel in PvP? Is there any way to stop it beyond only firing torpedoes from the fringes (9-10k distances) of the battle area, then getting out of range to cloak and repeat it again?

Thanks for the advice.
Post edited by ryakidrys on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You'll need to explain the situation a little bit further. There are several consoles and abilities that can be used to decloak a ship.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was running a B'Rel in an all projectile setup. My tactic was to activate tac team, torp spread and APO, fly in at high speed for attack runs. I'd start firing torpedoes (Breen transphasic cluster mine, hargh peng, and 2 rapid reload torps) and deploy mines (Nukara web mines or tractor mines depending on which one was available) at 4k as I would speed by the target. The B'Rel would normally recloak, then I'd then turn around to begin another run. Sometimes, I'd turn around and find i'm decloaked. Speed was my only safety. Thankfully, I was also running EPTE and I'd be able to disengage from the fight before I could be slaughtered in most cases.
    It soon became a regular problem. I'd apply science tem and heal the shields most of the way, cloak and then attack again, get decloaked, bail out, heal and have less shields than before, repeat and repeat until I had no shields when I was fully decloaked. Without running a quick shield heal and cloaking, some bug ship might hunt me down as I tried to heal anymore.
    It's bad enough that rommie ships can do that micro warp and get out of the holds I was trying to use on them, but I couldn't press the attack if I'm decloaked in a B'Rel without risking being slaughtered in the blink of an eye.

I hope that helps explain things a bit more.
  • enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Said micro-warp also releases a Gravity well behind it, which forces ships out of cloak.
    edited March 2014
    Is there any counter to this stuff that is decloaking the B'Rel? It's making the one feature it has a liability since the cloak then takes a long time before you can use it again, leaving the B'Rel an easy target.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Most likely you were noticed by either just the other players a lot there, or by a snooper, and is countering your cloak. There are three BOFF abilities (not including anything else at the moment) that are guaranteed to decloak you or keep you from recloaking:

Gravity Well - AoE, doesn't even need to be aimed at you, if you get too close to one even if you aren't the target, it will decloak you guaranteed.

Tractor Beam - It requires you to be targetted by the person using it on you, but it will automatically decloak you and prevents cloaking until you get out of range or the tractor beam finishes.

Charged Particle Burst - A large AoE centered on the person's ship who is using it. It also drains shields but is a guaranteed decloak of any ship around the person.

That is just three basic BOFF abilities that can do that. I didn't get into anything else. Those three powers are all sci BOFF skills, which pretty much any ship can run.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    The thing that stands out about the Tvaro is the access to BOFFs that shorten the recloak cooldown. It is the one thing i wish the Brel had, and not necessarily the 4 tac consoles in the fleet version.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The thing that stands out about the Tvaro is the access to BOFFs that shorten the recloak cooldown. It is the one thing i wish the Brel had, and not necessarily the 4 tac consoles in the fleet version.

Well, a KDF toon has access to those as well, but not to the extreme that a Romulan can. At most you might see one or two Romulan BOFFs to reduce cloak CD on a KDF ship, but a Romulan can have a whole full crew of 5 with both main Romulan space traits, or 4 Romulans and a Reman.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is a lot that can decloak the b'rel its been one of my crusaders for over 3 years now on why its under powered since I'll list a generic listing of what will decloak them and the balance of it there are far more cons to the enhanced battle cloak than the pros.

Disabling Powers:
    Photonic Shockwave
    Viral Matrix
    The photon torpedo shockwave console
    Tricobalts
    Seeker Torps

Basic instant de-cloakers:
    Grav Well
    Tractor Beam
    Charged Particle Burst
    Sensor Scan
    Phaser Proc Aux Offline(Falls under disabling just didn't list it there)

Energy Stealing Ways:
    Target Auxillary
    Tykens Rift
    Energy Siphon
    Polaron Procs

Basically you have a disable which if affected by a b'rel it will decloak it along with every subsystem except viral matrix won't take shields offline. Then you have those instant decloaker powers which three of them have aoe capabilities sensor scan and cpb you don't exactly need a target for them where grav well as long as something allied to them is nearby to target then you got the b'rel or any cloaked kinda ship decloaked.

Then energy stealing once target has reached 0 Aux that system is offline thus it knocks the cloaking device offline. If I missed any that would be 13+ powers to decloak the old girl but yet we don't have 13 special powers that benefit that special cloak lol. Shows you how nicely designed Cryptic designs systems lol. So they basically over the years said okay feds they can fire torps while cloaked and fire off some skills that will decloak them for 3 seconds every time they do it with no shields but they won't be able to really do anything to you since we are just selling to the KDF as a gimmic/collectors item :)
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the replies. This leads to more questions that I'll put in another thread. I want to figure out how to best utilize the B'Rel since I find it so fun to fly.

Thanks again
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Too lazy to ready the thread, so not sure if this has been said yet. Collecting drops decloaks you as well.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nah, just one of your bridge officers put to much Grapok sauce on their Bregit lung, which lead to an usually large, but inevitable number of "Eject Plasma" occurrences on the bridge,. That'll knock you out of cloak quicker than anything!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png