test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What determines who is eligible for DOFF Exchange?

flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I'm trying to exchange some uncommon level DOFFs for common. I have several candidates in my roster I've predetermined to exchange, but when I start the mission "Uncommon Duty Officer Exchange", they don't appear as options, even when selecting "Display Entire Reserve Roster"

- They're not "locked" DOFFs
- Yes, some are Romulan, but other Romulan DOFFs show up as available to exchange.

Does anyone know why some DOFFs are unable to be exchanged?
Post edited by flynn444 on

Comments

• daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why would you do a 5 man exchange for a *possibly* better less common DOff? You'd be better off just selling them on the exchange and buying ones you need with the money you get.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flynn444 wrote: »
    I'm trying to exchange some uncommon level DOFFs for common. I have several candidates in my roster I've predetermined to exchange, but when I start the mission "Uncommon Duty Officer Exchange", they don't appear as options, even when selecting "Display Entire Reserve Roster"

- They're not "locked" DOFFs
    - Yes, some are Romulan, but other Romulan DOFFs show up as available to exchange.

Some of the Romulan starter doffs have the wrong ranks, and thus show up in the wrong exchange. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • exsteeleexsteele Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Question: Are they just Romulan officers or Romulan Republic FACTION? What that means is, just like the way you can't use Klingon Empire Doffs (with the red borders), you cannot use Romulan Republic Doffs (with the green border).

You can have Klingon and Gorn and Orion officers, but NOT if they're aligned with the Empire. Similarly, you can have Romulan and Reman officers, but not if they're aligned with the Republic (which is silly because there's a 50/50 chance they're aligned with you anyway).

Is that the issue, maybe?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, good point.

Also it's worth remembering that Imperial Romulans(the Fed/KDF ones) have a different trait pool than Republic Romulans. BEHOLD:

Romulan Republic:
    co/cu/ef/em --*
    co/cu/ef/em/ta (entertainer)
    co/cu/ef/em/us (entertainer)
    co/cu/ta/us --
    co/ef/em/ta/us (entertainer)
    cu/ef/em/ta ----**
    cu/ef/em/us ----*
    cu/em/ta/us -***
    ef/em/ta/us *

Romulan Survivor(Imperials that are either Fed or KDF aligned):
    ag/cu/em/us
    ag/cu/st/us ---
    ag/cu/ta/us
    cu/em/st/us --*
    cu/em/ta/us
    cu/st/ta/us

N'Vek: cu/em/tw/us (DS9 bundle doff)
    Varel: ef/em/ta/us (exploration cluster)

It's not a large sample, but you get the idea. Hmm.... Next time I login I should check to see if the Devs have fixed the glitch that made Romulans show up as two different races. Though that glitch was rather erratic and didn't always separate Imperials from Republic.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The issue with the DOFF exchange is that it depends on the Romulan alignment. If they have the republic symbol behind them, you can use them at the Rommie DOFF grinder. If they have a federation symbol behind them, then they can only be used at the Fed DOFF grinder, regardless of if they're Romulan or Reman race. The only exception to this rule is civilian doffs, advisors, diplomats, entertainers, etc. They can be used interchangeably at any DOFF grinder.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On top of that confusion, it's simply ridiculous, that the Romulan up- and downgrinder rewards non-Romulan Doffs of the alligned factions in addition to normal Romulan-faction Doffs.

It would be nice to get a 100%-chance to get a Romulan-faction purple from the upgrinder.

It would also be nice to get a 100%-chance to turn a Romulan-faction rare into 3 Romulan-faction uncommons and not into alligned uncommons, which means having to move to SFA/KA to continue grinding them into whites.

Whoever was responsible for the implementation of the Romulan doff-faction and it's related Doff missions, really didn't think the whole thing through. First-year intern I'd suppose.
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed Frag, it'd also be nice if you could get Romulan aligned Remans from there. I've used that grinder A LOT and never once receiver a Reman from the upgrinder. I also hate when I'm using my Rommie DOFFs to grind a purple Rom and end up with some tellarite or andorian. If I wanted either of them, I would've gone to SFA, the whole reason we use the grinder on New Romulus is to get Romulans and Remans.
  • flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the clarifications guys. I was trying to grind KDF DOFFs on a Fed-owned Cell ship. Once I went to the Klingon academy, the DOFFs suddenly appeared. Looks like I had a mix of "Fed" and "KDF"-aligned Romulans. I think the The "KDF" Romulans couldn't be seen by grinder on the Cell ship.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flynn444 wrote: »

I routinely downgrade Doff for Fleet Projects. With Romulan characters, I've found that 'some' Doffs can only be 'downgraded' by the correct Faction contact. (e.g. Fed Doffs at the Academy Personal Officer, Romulan Doffs at the Romulan Command Center personal console..)