test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Foundry

antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Not sure if this is in the right place, so apologies if not.

I want to level up my Rom character to level 50 but don't want to do it on the grindy non-story missions. Unfortunately as we know after a certain point all the Rom story missions just become the same as the Fed missions. Seeing as in my head my Rom is in the same universe as my Fed I decided it would be weird to keep doing those. So that leaves us with the foundry.

I know there is not a Romulan Foundry but thought I would start this thread for people to post foundry missions that make sense storywise for Romulans like me who want their character to have some interesting story experiences. I'm KDF aligned but either can be posted here.

Ideally I think it would be nice to get a list of Spotlight missions that make sense for Romulans first but I'm open to people posting any specifically Romulan foundry missions they've created.
Post edited by antzudan on

Comments

• jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    antzudan wrote: »

I want to level up my Rom character to level 50 but don't want to do it on the grindy non-story missions. Unfortunately as we know after a certain point all the Rom story missions just become the same as the Fed missions. Seeing as in my head my Rom is in the same universe as my Fed I decided it would be weird to keep doing those. So that leaves us with the foundry.

I know there is not a Romulan Foundry but thought I would start this thread for people to post foundry missions that make sense storywise for Romulans like me who want their character to have some interesting story experiences. I'm KDF aligned but either can be posted here.

Ideally I think it would be nice to get a list of Spotlight missions that make sense for Romulans first but I'm open to people posting any specifically Romulan foundry missions they've created.

A Romulan foundry system would have ben preferable to playing our allies missions. Ah well, some people have made RR foundry quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, the devs have apparently at least considered it, but at this time there isn't functionality to make actual Romulan faction missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another one for that ever expanding wishlist. If it was a plant, it would outgrow our expectations...

---
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    There are several missions that authors have made specifically for Romulan captains. Valley of the Shadow I and II for instance. Those are Fed-Aligned.

My mission for the latest Foundry challenge is going to be for Romulan captains (KDF aligned though eventually I'll make a copy for Fed). I imagine due to the challenge topic - mirror universe Romulans - there will be a number of authors who will make the same choice I have.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    antzudan wrote: »

We briefly had the ability to set faction to Romulan for Foundry missions, but to hear Cryptic tell it that was apparently a coding mistake that will not be returning. Cryptic wants the appearance of three factions but no substance behind that appearance.

I would advice you to look into the reviews threads in the Foundry Discussion subforum. "Let's Trade Foundry Reviews!" for starters. The list has three Fed missions flagged as written for Romulans.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    We briefly had the ability to set faction to Romulan for Foundry missions, but to hear Cryptic tell it that was apparently a coding mistake that will not be returning. Cryptic wants the appearance of three factions but no substance behind that appearance.

I would advice you to look into the reviews threads in the Foundry Discussion subforum. "Let's Trade Foundry Reviews!" for starters. The list has three Fed missions flagged as written for Romulans.

It is appropriate that a subsystem should get you closer to the heart of the matter. Without substance we shall forever be like ghosts. Normally a fate reserved for those without a choice. ;)

---