test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time to Put up or not bother.

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Recently the devs have added tech that has allowed them to tune Stuff for PvP vs PvE.

I am talking of course about the bop flanking which is less powerful vs player ships then NPCs.

IF Cryptic is going to insist on adding new Rep grinds every few months. (which seems to be the case)... then perhaps its time to take this new tech there systems guys have created... and USE it.

The new rep would be a good one to role out a (-VS players argument) on rep passives and skills.

The new rep passive option that increases AP resistance... sounds logical and is all well and good in PvE... obviously (or at least to everyone but Cryptic) it has implications for PvP. I know the other rep option is likely the more logical choice. However lets be frank even if 1 in 10 people select that option... it still makes the weapon type less desirable for PvP.

Why not add a slight variation for PVP. Perhaps instead of resistance to one weapon type it could provide a smaller amount to ALL weapon types... something like this;

T2

Tactical Precision

to self: +3 Accuracy for 15 seconds when a Tactical Bridge Officer Ability is used, can stack for 5 time

Crucial Component Redistribution

+20 Antiproton Damage Bonus Resistance Rating (+5 Energy Dmg Resistance Rating VS players)
+15 Control Resistance Rating

T4

Nanoprobe Field Generator

When suffering damage, 10% chance to reduce damage to Shields by 5% for 15 seconds, chance is doubled when hit by Antiproton damage originating from None Player Entities

Nanoprobe Feedback

When hit by Direct energy attacks, 5% chance to reflect 200% damage back to the attacker (reflect 50% damage back to player ships)

{Yes I suggested boosting the dmg on the T4 for NPC ships why not... NPCs hit like limp noodles}

For me this rep is pretty much the line in the sand. I know it is POSSIBLE to do something like I am suggesting because you folks HAVE done it recently. So your system guys have created the tools. At this point for me its time to see you guys make some real progress or not. I have other devs I can be throwing ideas at. Seeing you guys repeat the exact same mistakes is PAINFUL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the feeling that the team grew and has a few people that might be able to pull off a better balanced PvP system, including the use of tricks like seperating PvE and PvP effects of powers. But even then, they have a very long road ahead of them.

The way I see it - I can always come back to the game or PvP and see if it improved. As a lifetime subscriber, time even works for me!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They already said they dont want to maintain different code trees for PVE and PVP

Frankly I wish they would consolidate flanking damage to the lower PVP value too, but they rolled it out before they were finished cooking it and I suppose they dont want to dial it down on people who paid for the Plesh Brek
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    with passives i dont mind differences in effect for pvp and pve, its just gear should there never have pvp and pve different versions imo. this here is totally reasonable

oh and BTW

https://i.4cdn.org/vg/src/1395413160344.jpg
  • Options
    one4theagesone4theages Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Recently the devs have added tech that has allowed them to tune Stuff for PvP vs PvE.

dude this is not new at all. this dates back all the way back to when they first put harpengs into the game. they had put reduced damage verse players.
  • Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited March 2014
    dude this is not new at all. this dates back all the way back to when they first put harpengs into the game. they had put reduced damage verse players.

Ah Pengs. The memories my B'Rel with 4 Pengs and named "Peng So good" :D
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's the not wanting to delve into it change thing mentioned for the T4 Placate (becoming a Weapon Disable)...which leaves me wondering just how much there is to delve into that they're not mentioning...as well as if it's a S9, S9.5, X2, etc thing...and what that may or may not mean for everything.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's the not wanting to delve into it change thing mentioned for the T4 Placate (becoming a Weapon Disable)...which leaves me wondering just how much there is to delve into that they're not mentioning...as well as if it's a S9, S9.5, X2, etc thing...and what that may or may not mean for everything.

well, they obviously dont want us to talk about any of this stuff yet, and 'panic' at them. they tried, and failed, to disable the rep window so they wouldn't have to listen to any of this yet :D
  • Options
    captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I saw the new reputation and all it brings to the table. I guess this just means I'll be using elachi disruptors now. With sets, reputation passives, consoles, etc. my AP build just got uber resisted. At least with Elachis I'll do some damage to my target before I unexpectedly blow myself up with their passive FBP. :D

Speaking of the FBP passive, I wonder how it stacks with all the other reflection things. Polarize doff and all that? Remember when they nerfed FBP because it was too supper bosted? Well...seems like supper bosted FBP is making a comeback :cool:
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2014

sorry that massive revamp they keep hinting at is off to a very bad start if they can't even talk about how it is supposed to address player concerns.

All i see is blind burst of actionism here and there without any rhyme or reason.

I mean PvE content for tanks (*yay*) to bad that F@W on NPC doesn't know its only supposed to shoot at tanks....

Assim Set .... F@W.... i feel we had this conversation already, and again , and again, and again.....

obviously not letting the playerbase in on the grand design visions of Geko has been working out stellar so far....

antonio is right, with the undine we now have the rehash of borg plasma 2.0 WTF. We know that Geko teaches balance workshops, my guess stah's secret project has been to draft a STO history 101 curriculum: "How i learned to stop worrying, and love reintroducing old problems"
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited March 2014
    It's not just PvP either. Everyone is getting tired of rep grind. It's boring, repetitive nonsense that people only do so they can get the gear. It's not real content.

Someone who is better at organizing than me should start a grass roots boycott of the new rep system. If a large chunk of the community simply refuses to do it, Cryptic would have to take notice. Of course, this would never happen because there are people out there still perfectly willing to throw money at shortening the grind (dil), or simply have to have everything, and they'll ruin it.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't mind if the passives stay as they are, but then again I haven't invested anything in AP weapons or consoles either lol.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    They've taken another apparent step to make it easier for folks to do the Rep Grind though with that S9#3 blog...hrmm, but that doesn't mention anything about any other changes to passives and the like. That aspect they didn't want to delve into - but have to wonder if there's going to be a S9#X blog coming down the road that does mention that...
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    with passives i dont mind differences in effect for pvp and pve, its just gear should there never have pvp and pve different versions imo. this here is totally reasonable

oh and BTW

hmm, very interesting for Ground PvP. The rifle is a bit concerning if it isn't balanced around Ambush + Rally Cry, but it could prove very useful. I think the tooltips for T3 Empathic Reverberation and T4 Nanoprobe Feedback are supposed to be reversed. 2.5% is too low for ground and 10% is too high for space. T3 Empathic Adaptation will make the Shield Harmonic Resonance Engineer trait completely obsolete (3 stacks of 5% vs 1 damage type). T1 Mental Acuity will probably be favored over T1 Mental Conditioning. +15 Control Resistance Rating is ultimately 15/1000 control resistance or 1.5% resistance to control. The resistance will do nothing for PvP; as only Remans, Letheans, and Aliens are capable of psionic attacks. I could see this passive as much more useful if they make it +10 or +15 Wilpower.
    Yeah, I saw the new reputation and all it brings to the table. I guess this just means I'll be using elachi disruptors now. With sets, reputation passives, consoles, etc. my AP build just got uber resisted. At least with Elachis I'll do some damage to my target before I unexpectedly blow myself up with their passive FBP. :D
    Well, it isn't all that bad in the long run. How many Tactical captains do you think will turn down a free 15% Accuracy bonus? The Antiproton bonus resistance will provide +16.6% resistance at most currently. Somehow, I have a feeling Cryptic may decrease the bonus resistance to +10 later in testing.
    Speaking of the FBP passive, I wonder how it stacks with all the other reflection things. Polarize doff and all that? Remember when they nerfed FBP because it was too supper bosted? Well...seems like supper bosted FBP is making a comeback :cool:
    Nanoprobe Feedback - This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 10 seconds. Yeah, not very game breaking. How many people are going to take that over Nanoprobe Field Generator? Some, but not all will. That +5% Shield Resistance will finally remove the mandatory use of Elite Fleet Shields.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    It's not just PvP either. Everyone is getting tired of rep grind. It's boring, repetitive nonsense that people only do so they can get the gear. It's not real content.

Someone who is better at organizing than me should start a grass roots boycott of the new rep system. If a large chunk of the community simply refuses to do it, Cryptic would have to take notice. Of course, this would never happen because there are people out there still perfectly willing to throw money at shortening the grind (dil), or simply have to have everything, and they'll ruin it.

-Activates Reverse Shield Polarity-

Personally, I enjoy the Dyson Reputation progression. It gave me something to strive for without excessively monopolizing my time with the system. Based on that spreadsheet so far; I consider the Species 8472 system to be worthy of my time investment. Sure, it isn't PvP, but it gives me something new to do with my fleetmates that do not enjoy PvP. 30 marks per 2,500 XP project will mean 1,200 marks for the first character and 600 for all others. That means doing 6 Elite STFs, 10 Crystaline Entity Elites, and two Epohh Elders. A Space PvPer should be able to grind Omega, Nukara, and New Romulus in 110 minutes time with Season 9 if you have a good team. Personally, I don't consider that to be much of a grind. The "hard" part will be getting the Mk XII gear, but even that isn't too difficult at 32,500 dilithium/750 marks each for space pieces.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Ugh... Just the feedback pulse passive makes me wanna drop pvp and never look back.

Anyways, another reputation grind. :rolleyes:

Ok, I see that we will be getting cardassian reputation, hirogen reputation and deferi reputation. Am I forgetting anything?

Pakled Reputation...

...it will help make your ship go!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    In all seriousness though, should they ever get around to fixing Accuracy Overflow with FAW...

http://i.imgur.com/O0l9GMt.jpg

...did you see the T2 there, one of the choices? +3% Accuracy when using a Tac BOFF ability, can 5stack. So, can +15% Accuracy with it...add in the Nukara +10%...some more this and that - some more this and that...and...S9: The Meatgrinder, eh?
  • Options
    mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pakled Reputation...

Dont forget Vulcan Rep, lets you see the logic in all the new reps :P
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pakled Reputation...

We need more reputation stuffs.

Really we could use an entire packlad season... it could be the pvp season. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    We need more reputation stuffs.

Really we could use an entire packlad season... it could be the pvp season. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ

Shhhhh, that's Stahl's secret project!
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In all seriousness though, should they ever get around to fixing Accuracy Overflow with FAW...

http://i.imgur.com/O0l9GMt.jpg
    So T4 is a choice between a kind of perma-FBP and a reputation version of the [adapt] modifier?

Elite Fleet Shields are among the worst things that ever happened to this game balance-wise. And now we get more of that? Have they totally lost their mind? How can any sane developer allow this to happen?
  • Options
    voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    How can any sane developer allow this to happen?

Your question answers itself.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if this means they've fixed Photon consoles not affecting the Bio-Molecular Photon torps (the Rare Mk XI's that already exist in game).

Cause with the T3 unlock of VR Bio-Molecular Projectiles, the VR Enhanced Bio-Molcular Photon Torp...slap in a Grav Photon and the Protonic Stabilizer, go with the Enhanced BM (lol, it's an enhanced BM... /cough) and the Hydrodynamics for the +Eng/Aux Power +Turn +Accuracy...and whatever 2pc bonus that gives - could get interesting, if they fix the Accuracy Overflow for TS.

Cause, well - the T2 with up to +15% Accuracy, some more +Acc from the Hydrodynamics, and well - yeah...bigbaddaboom.
  • Options
    captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Well, it isn't all that bad in the long run. How many Tactical captains do you think will turn down a free 15% Accuracy bonus? The Antiproton bonus resistance will provide +16.6% resistance at most currently. Somehow, I have a feeling Cryptic may decrease the bonus resistance to +10 later in testing.

You are absolutely correct when talking about the damage dealers. Healers, however, would most likely take the AP passive. But either way, with the elachi having no lockout now and less items that resist disruptor, I would almost be stupid not to use them, I believe.

Nanoprobe Feedback - This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 10 seconds. Yeah, not very game breaking. How many people are going to take that over Nanoprobe Field Generator? Some, but not all will. That +5% Shield Resistance will finally remove the mandatory use of Elite Fleet Shields.

Ah, you know I honestly didn't even see that 10 second lockout. So you may be right...still the way the game works in space, that 10% chance is basically a proc every 12ish seconds (10 second lockout plus a couple extra). So here's hoping it procs on my turret :P
  • Options
    dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Galaxy-X users beware....should you manage to hit with the lance chances are you are going to kill yourselves.

Anyway, is the tier 4 shield resistance going to stack with the elite fleet shield one? Too early to tell?
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That +5% Shield Resistance will finally remove the mandatory use of Elite Fleet Shields.

Really? The resistance cap is what, 75% right now. That means that it can be easily hit with elite fleet shields, the new passive and maybe a EPtS. Soon Elachi, DEM will be mandatory to even apply a bit of pressure damage, vapers will be even more rampant and subnuke even more essential. Great ....
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited March 2014
    So glad I'm not playing this game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »
    So glad I'm not playing this game.

Heh, neither is anybody else...ahem, lol.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2014

oh and BTW

I'm kind of disgusted about Cryptic handing out another high end Sci ability (FBP) for all to have at no cost.
    XzRTofz.gif