test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback - Undine Reputation

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
So I just found this, the new Undine Rep

http://i.imgur.com/O0l9GMt.jpg (Picture is not from me)

I think there are a lot of new nice items in it, what I don't like are the limitations of the new turrets.

Again we can only chose Phaser and Disruptors why can't we also get versions for Plasma, Antiproton, Tetryon Polaron and how about a Quantum Torpedo instead of another variant of Photon Torpedoes.
Bridger.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    2.5Km for a AOE space heal is extremely limited, it would need to be multiple times larger to be of any use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    2.5Km for a AOE space heal is extremely limited, it would need to be multiple times larger to be of any use.

It is a ground heal not a space heal.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well thenk 2.5km is plenty, in fact how many zones are that big?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Lol, can't decide between the t4 ones. One could hit a vaper back hard, the other one seems like the poor mans fleet shields. The space shields combined with the Voth diplomat doff would be pretty nice when both proc, would love to see details on that one.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope those bio-molecular photons are green.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I hope those bio-molecular photons are green.

Oh, I like the sound of that. A green photon. Hmmm :)
    Wixiban.png
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wixiban wrote: »
    Oh, I like the sound of that. A green photon. Hmmm :)

The version of these weapons you get Republic side already are green photons, but I'd like a better quality version for my Romulan. Plus, it means the Klingons can also finally get at least one green looking photon torpedo weapon.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    May I ask where you found this
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The name "Isomorphic Injection" sounds funny to anyone who has studied mathematics, because an isomorphism is by definition an injection.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is a bit of topic now, but the old reps are getting revamped.

http://i.imgur.com/nFzzLTW.jpg (Again this picture is not from me)
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bridgern wrote: »

I'll keep saying this until it's resolved, but someone needs to fix the "..." that litter the UI.

How off putting is it to new players who are trying to work their way around the game but keep seeing important title information hidden behind elipses? Each of the reputation tabs has enough space for the whole name of that track if you allow those names to take up to two lines. Move the tier indicator to the far left or right.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are some pretty clear choices for PvP. I'll happily take more accuracy and a passive FBP against alphas.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Again we can only chose Phaser and Disruptors why can't we also get versions for Plasma, Antiproton, Tetryon Polaron

Well, if the weapons are part of a set, with bonuses, it would probably be a tricky piece of coding to make variants for every single energy type, which would also allow the set bonus, and still limit the player to only one. Possible, but I'm sure it's much simpler to make a KDF disruptor set and a Federation phaser set.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Well, if the weapons are part of a set, with bonuses, it would probably be a tricky piece of coding to make variants for every single energy type, which would also allow the set bonus, and still limit the player to only one. Possible, but I'm sure it's much simpler to make a KDF disruptor set and a Federation phaser set.

That might be true but still after 4 years they still can't figure out that people are using more than two types of energy damage.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That might be true but still after 4 years they still can't figure out that people are using more than two types of energy damage.

They know they are, but the game is (and should) be designed around offering meaningful choices. Everything for everyone isn't a choice, but choosing a build that makes the most of these items or a build that makes the most of a different reputation's items *is*.

Disruptors and Phasers are the "default" energy types for Klingons and Federation respectively. It makes a degree of sense to treat them as analogous when possible. What *I* wish we'd see if more use of Plasma weapons in the mix for Romulans.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

If they redo the other reps to be done like the dyson reps, I admit, I'm probably gonna go through them. I don't mind the dyson rep, but skipped all the others simply because i didn't fancy going around buying a gazillion items to contribute to it.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I don't think this is a valid complaint. Looking at the sets which include weapons...

Antiproton Damage
    Chroniton Dual Beam Array (Temporal Warfare)
    Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array (Ancient Obelisk Technology)

Disruptor Damage
    Heavy Crescent Wave Cannon (Silent Enemy)

Kinetic Damage
    Kinetic Cutting Beam (Omega Adapted Borg Technology)
    Rapid Fire Missile Launcher (Ferengi Marauder)
    Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher (Protonic Arsenal)
    Temporal Disruption Device (Temporal Warfare)
    Elachi Subspace Torpedo Launcher (Silent Enemy)
    Tethered Quantum Mine Launcher (Apex Predator)

Plasma Damage
    Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher (Omega Adapted Borg Technology)
    Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher (Romulan Singularity Harness)
    Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array (Romulan Singularity Harness)

Proton Damage
    Experimental Proton Weapon (Protonic Arsenal)

Tetryon Damage
    Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Bank (Nukara Appropriated Munitions)
    Long-Range Tetryon Burn Cannon (Apex Predator)

Other
    Concentrated Tachyon Mine Launcher (Ferengi Marauder)
    Nukara Web Mine Launcher (Nukara Appropriated Munitions)

In my opinion, that's a pretty healthy mix. In fact, there actually hasn't been a single phaser-based space set item to date.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    They know they are, but the game is (and should) be designed around offering meaningful choices. Everything for everyone isn't a choice, but choosing a build that makes the most of these items or a build that makes the most of a different reputation's items *is*.

Disruptors and Phasers are the "default" energy types for Klingons and Federation respectively. It makes a degree of sense to treat them as analogous when possible. What *I* wish we'd see if more use of Plasma weapons in the mix for Romulans.

That is the reason why this is game is so unbalanced because every faction get game breaking gear best example are the Romulans they are way better than the FED's or the KDF. Other MMOS give all factions the same gear that's why those games actual work but with every new item Cryptic puts into the game it gets more broken.

walshicus wrote: »
    In my opinion, that's a pretty healthy mix. In fact, there actually hasn't been a single phaser-based space set item to date.

That would be true if the set would be equal to each other but they are not and this is the major problem.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That would be true if the set would be equal to each other but they are not and this is the major problem.

I haven't looked at the new Undine space set - is it somehow poised to be the best set in the game? If not, what's the problem?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the new Undine space set - is it somehow poised to be the best set in the game? If not, what's the problem?

I am not interested in the Big Undine Set they only thing I am interrested is the small set and it's limitation to only two types of energy damage becuae it screws over agian people who does not use Phasers or Disruptors (by the way I use those types of energy on my ships).
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    To each his own, I guess.

I don't see how anybody's being "screwed" because this one set uses Phaser/Disruptor energy, when there are other sets which use different energy types.

To me, it makes the game more unique. A little diversity goes a long way.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to know what the stats and set bonus of the Counter-Command space set are. The descriptions make them sound like they were designed with bigger ships in mind.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I'd like to know what the stats and set bonus of the Counter-Command space set are. The descriptions make them sound like they were designed with bigger ships in mind.

I'm not even sure the stats are decided yet. That's probably why the "Reputation" tab is disabled right now. I don't know how they got those pictures.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014

If this is true, then I feel like laughing at everyone who needed XP.

Then, I'd buy all of the sets
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If this is true, then I feel like laughing at everyone who needed XP.

Then, I'd buy all of the sets
    You better start laughing, then, since it's happening.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    The version of these weapons you get Republic side already are green photons, but I'd like a better quality version for my Romulan. Plus, it means the Klingons can also finally get at least one green looking photon torpedo weapon.

this right here i have them on my romulans but i wish we could get them for my feds and kdfs those torps well be very useful in season 9 lol. unless somehow cryptic takes them out >_<

• Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    this right here i have them on my romulans but i wish we could get them for my feds and kdfs those torps well be very useful in season 9 lol. unless somehow cryptic takes them out >_<

They're revamping the Borg/Undine storylines atm. I could easily see them adding it as a reward for Assimilation like the old Borg Console was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Right bio- torpedoes all round for my rom/remans and, The Phase-Shifted Personal Shield that is a reward for Skirmish might be worth picking up.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While we're posting screenshots from the reps, would someone on tribble be willing to give some info on the new stats/bonuses for the Reman/Romulan/Nukara space sets if they're up yet?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This set of reputation passives is a death sentence of Antiproton PvP builds, cryptic.

You need to adjust them so the passives do not work against players. I understand why you made them, because the Undine use AP, but youve effectively destroyed an entire damage type for PvP builds.

This is not good and I would highly advice nerfing the hell out of them ala flanking bonuses for PvP purposes.

You think i am going to appreciate going into a match with an AP build and basically firing into someone with a permanent feedback pulse up due to the tier 4?

Not cool.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus