test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic: Wants for Season 9.5/10

raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
Hey Cryptic

heres some wants for Season 9.5 (if there is one) or Season 10.

Foundry Update (we need current things in the foundry etc)

PVP Update (we need more different maps for both ground and spaces so we have more varieties)

Dilithum Rewards added to all Storyline Episodes? (I know this was a want from long ago)
Post edited by raythilo2345 on

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP would be nice.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More outfits and hair styles. Mostly for Romulan and KDF. TRIBBLE uniform for Feds.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited March 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    More outfits and hair styles. Mostly for Romulan and KDF. TRIBBLE uniform for Feds.

You fight the good fight son.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Single-player stuff, not so much FEs but like 'STFs' that you play alone instead of with a team. After all, 99% of the time, Enterprise/Defiant/Voyager were operating on their own.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    - Additional BOff Costume slots
    - Ability to apply Starfleet/KDF costumes to special BOffs (e.g. Reman Sci Officer, Diplomatic XP reward BOffs, Romulan Embassy BOffs)
    - Ship interiors :P
    You fight the good fight son.

Thirded! Perhaps also longer or more varied female hairstyles for the Feds as well.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Exploration System
    Customizable Ship Interiors
    Admiral System where we can get some use out of our old ships that are gathering dust
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    New story missions or DS9/Cardassian Front overhaul.
    Active gameplay and customization on ship interiors.
    Revamp of Mission Replay.
    DOff revamp. (The system still seems clunky to me. The rewards are fairly invisible. Not super immersive/fun in terms of interface.)
    Bridge Officer progression and customization.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In addition to my usual list of exploration revamp, PVP expansion, and more canon ships, I'd like to see some new kit powers and ground weapon types.

Grenade launchers for example. Sort of like the grenade powers, except that you can shoot someone right in the face with it if you want to. Lower power due to extra spammy-ness I guess. Maybe something like the mine launcher from the Resident Evil games too: sticky bombs that serve as either offensive weapons, or improvised mine traps, depending on how you use it.

Speaking of mines, why do we only have one type? Stealth mines would be handy, or something like an EMP mine that messes with weapons or shield regen or something.

A science version of the engineer's drones could be fun; something that follows the target around and trolls them with sonic pulse or something whenever they try to do anything. :P

I'd also like to see a kind of zone denial power; like a 'damage generator'. A bit like the health and shield generators, except it zaps enemies with lightning instead of fixing up allies.

I dunno, maybe the idea of the kit revamp is going to my head, but it really feels like a good time to stir things up some in ground combat. Get some new stuff in.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    S10, because at this point, if there is a 9.5, it's already in motion.

1) NO NEW REPUTATION GRIND. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

2) Improve PvP (Leaderboards, more comprehensive combat log, better match balancing)

3) New story missions. Don't just keep adding a massive map (New Romulus, Dyson Sphere) and and a couple of new PvEs. I know you're revamping old missions, and it's nice and all, but new ones would be better.

4) Take a breather and finally address the massive list of bugs you've been accumulating.

5) Fix the whole doff assignment system in the sense that a doff that specializes in X assignment gets less of a change to be extremely successful than some other doff with crit traits.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd just kill for the Bank, Mail and Exchange to be on my starship.
    edited March 2014
    sumghai wrote: »
    Thirded! Perhaps also longer or more varied female hairstyles for the Feds as well.

More long hair for EVERYONE. :mad:
    lucho80 wrote: »
    5) Fix the whole doff assignment system in the sense that a doff that specializes in X assignment gets less of a change to be extremely successful than some other doff with crit traits.

The fact that my bartender gives a better military report than my top conn officer is really stupid.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More long hair for EVERYONE. :mad:

The fact that my bartender gives a better military report than my top conn officer is really stupid.

Between Guinan and Quark, hasn't Star Trek taught us to never underestimate a good bartender? :D
    edited March 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Between Guinan and Quark, hasn't Star Trek taught us to never underestimate a good bartender? :D

A valid point. But that doesn't explain why my chef is so good at fixing starships. :confused:
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    New STFs, more difficult content. (NOT just increasing mob HP and one shot kills, think more please)

Exploration revamp!!!

New story missions/episodes.

Oh yes, bug fixes.

Pretty please with sugar on top?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not to burst anyone's bubbles here, but this stuff is as likely to happen as it is for all lock boxes to be completely discontinued and their items put in the dil store.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd just kill for the Bank, Mail and Exchange to be on my starship.

It's been said, many moons and an EP ago, that bank/mail/exchange on starships would then kill any need for "social hubs" - I mean "bases"...

Which was why the fleet starbases did not release with exchanges on them, heck, that's one of the reasons they gate mail/bank behind the tier system...

However, the Tuffli and Cell ships (T1 freighters) and the D'Kora (T5 cruiser), all "lockbox-esque" ships (Tuffli out of rotation, cell ship from Rommie DOff pack, and D'Kora from Ferengi lockbox) all have at least bank/mail access, the freighters have quite a bit more than that, exchanges, possibly special DOff missions, lots of transwarps, etc.

However, for S9.5/10, I'd love:
    1. Revamp of all bases. This includes a reason to visit them, especially if my main has a freighter...
    2. Revamp of Crafting. Something along the lines of making solid, "free" (read: no Dil required), endgame gear that can hold a toon until the player gets a full set of fleet/rep gear.
    3. More class distinctions and ability to "share" them. Part of the "base" revamp might be to make K7/Gandala "tactical" bases, Sierra 39 and a KDF base in that area into "science" bases, and DS9 into an "engineering" base. Let fellow captains train "locked" BOffs, not just tradable ones. Crafting being class-specific, to the point of needing all 3 classes to craft the not-quite-reputation-level sets.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TRIBBLE uniform for Feds.

Did you mean the Skant? Or ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Did you mean the Skant? Or ...

I could go either way. ;) :P
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about some canon ships for a change?

I wouldn't mind having the ability to customize my embassy/reward bridge officers. Not to mention, further customize my tier four diplomatic reward bridge officer. It would be nice to see my Gorn in a proper Starfleet uniform.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1) Aux/Shield/Engine, non-weapon powered based weapons.

2) Weapon Power to Emergency Battery Bridge Officer Power

3) Crew fix

4) A true Science ship awarded from an event grind.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. I'd really like some more hair types for my caitian/ferasan toons

2. A ferasan ship maybe...too much?

3. Would love to see some of the alien abilities made into kit modules to go alongside the new revamp

4. The Undine Assault STF game type...make that available for PvP...make it 5v5 with NPC starship creeps and capture-able outposts equipped with Lances...i'd play that

5. A DS9 revamp (maybe not season 10, but sometime?)

6. also an adventure zone where we can go EVA like in A Step Between Stars, and explore in an asteroid field or something with low and zero gee environments...ambitious i know, but the tech is there

EDIT

7. for the love of the Prophets Cryptic, merge the uniform/off duty/armor/formal tabs in the tailor, they don't serve any function except to make people frustrated they can't make an outfit they want

8. fleet sponsorship...you said you wanted to help out smaller fleets Cryptic...here's your chance, let a small fleet ally to a larger fleet, and gain the benefit of the larger fleets pool of resources/contributors...either through some sort of console for the large fleet's members to donate items to and gain fleet credits off of, which the fleet leader of the smaller fleet can then distribute among the projects slotted...or let them directly contribute to the smaller fleets projects as if they were a member of said fleet
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Many of the previous posts have some interesting ideas...

For me, I just want the season to concentrate on bug-fixes, a unified Reputation system (What I mean is, have the same progression style as the Voth system), and a complete overhaul of the Tailor/Costume system. Of course, throw in something new, but make the primary focus of the Season to bring the rest of the game up to date.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For all of those hoping for exploration, pvp, foundry and crafting updates, you should probably not hold your breath for a season 9.5 update or even season 10. Season 10 probably won't be until next year since they said that an expansion is coming late this year. Chance are the big things will be coming in the expansion to help sell it.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    United Romulan faction (Republic or Imperial, I don't care at this point).

Complete Tal Shi'ar uniforms.

More ship interiors.

Having the ability to tell Tovan Khev to go shaft himself.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP would be nice.

Yeah, thats about my thought now. I don't actually play PVP in STO which is a shame as I really like PVP generally in games. It just feels hollow and spammy.

I'm not entirely sure what the answer I'm looking for is, but then I'm not an MMO Developer :)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fully Customizable Unique Bridge Officers
    FE Jem Hadar Bridge Officer
    • Full Face & Body Morph
    • Skin Tone Choices
    • Selection of Uniform Choices (that, or allow us to use current faction-specific uniforms)
    FE Breen Bridge Officer
    • Full Body Morph
    • Selection of Helmet Choices
    • Selection of Uniform Choices (or as above)
    FE Reman Bridge Officer
    • Full Face & Body Morph
    • Skin Tone Choices
    • Reman and Republic Reman-Allegiance Uniform options. (or as above)
    Reputation Voth Bridge Officer
    • Full Face & Body Morph
    • Skin Tone Choices
    • Selection of Uniform Choices (or as above)
    Reputation (Embassy) Romulan Bridge Officer
    • Full Face & Body Morph
    • Skin Tone Choices
    • Romulan and Republic Romulan-Allegiance Uniform options. (or as above)
    The Klingon Tailor
    • A selection of additional (non C-Store) KDF Uniform options.
    • An additional selection of KDF-specific hair options.
    • Gorn-specific clothing
    • Lethean-specific clothing
    The Romulan Republic
    Additional Bridge Officers
    • Suliban
    • Acamarian
    The Cardassian Union
    As playable (Republic Style)
    Fleet Star Cruiser Retrofit

Interiors & rebooted Red Alert System
    Revamp starship interiors, allow players to choose NPC costumes, include more missions (maybe sub-missions) that require players to use the interiors of their ship more.

Add a 'Red Alert' system that randomly 'attacks' a single player in Sector Space. Other players can then join that player on board their ship fighting whatever enemy happened to invade.
    • Said feature is optional; people that don't want this popping up for them should have the options to turn it off.
    This would allow for a little surprise here and there in addition to something different once in a while. It would also allow players to show off the insides of their vessels.
    Deep Space Nine
    • Needs a revamp, looks old these days
    • Gamma Quadrant Travel; we've a wormhole, why not use it? Granted this would come into player later when the Dominion get involved in the Iconian story.
    First Officers
    I don't mind Tovan Khev, Elisa Flores or G'kan(sp?) but they're all tactical. Would be nice if we had the option of choosing their class before they're commissioned to us. That, or have them predefined based upon our class? If we're science, they're science, if we're tactical, they're tactical (etc)

To expand on that too, I think it would be nice if we could attach skill trees to a first officer system, in that we'd have to activate a first officer (maybe default them at 2) to then enable our skill trees? Would be nice for players who wish to change their builds without needing to respec all the time.
    I could add so much more here, but alas, I'm out of time.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • thomasjandrewsthomasjandrews Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like all named races to have their homeworlds put in game and make them so you can visit them. Even if they are randomly generated maps at first.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I want my Klingon long coats dammit :cool:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For all of those hoping for exploration, pvp, foundry and crafting updates, you should probably not hold your breath for a season 9.5 update or even season 10. Season 10 probably won't be until next year since they said that an expansion is coming late this year. Chance are the big things will be coming in the expansion to help sell it.
    They definitely said a new playable faction for season 10. There are technical issues with using a faction that has ships or characters in the game so it will probably a first encounter civilization (to this game, not star trek) like the VOTH. The consenses seems to be for a mini faction like the romulan and allied with the fed/klingon fleet system. J would prefer a klingon only alliance or better yet domination of the klingon faction and the storyline possibilities seperate from fed dominated expansion.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

2) Improve PvP (Leaderboards

The last thing this game needs is a PvP leaderboard. Maps, fine. Combat log updates, fine. Better matching, I fully support this.

But NO LEADERBOARDS.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!