test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain Killer Starship Mission... How do I complete this?

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Can anyone explain this mission to me? I am suppose to kill 10 Federation ships to get the reward (XP and dilithium). I have destroyed many federation starships in various missions (excluding directly challenging a Fed player), however, my fed kill count is always zero. It's been that way for over 2 weeks.

Short of direct PvP challenges (which I am not interested in), what am I doing wrong?
Post edited by jaguarskx on

Comments

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Can anyone explain this mission to me? I am suppose to kill 10 Federation ships to get the reward (XP and dilithium). I have destroyed many federation starships in various missions (excluding directly challenging a Fed player), however, my fed kill count is always zero. It's been that way for over 2 weeks.

Short of direct PvP challenges (which I am not interested in), what am I doing wrong?

Well it is a pvp counter, so if you don't do pvp challenges you won't fill it.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm... the description of the mission kinda implied that it was not just for PvP. I don't remember the exact description... Oh well, I'll just delete and ignore...

Thx
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Hmm... the description of the mission kinda implied that it was not just for PvP. I don't remember the exact description... Oh well, I'll just delete and ignore...

Thx

There are 2 types of those missions, both for ground and space (2 types space & 2 types ground). One is usually PvP based and the other in PvE/NPC based. You're right - the wording can be deceiving, but the best way to know which is which is the numbers of kills required. Usually NPC ones will have a high number count of ships/chars you need to kill like 50 and PvP ones lower count like 10.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The kills are acquired in PvP matches or the Space Warzone map. Klingon Ship killer is harder just because KvK matches rarely ever pop. :(

Another issue is that the server has some minimum damage inflicted before it will credit you with a player kill. :mad:

I wouldn't drop the mission, just simply let it fall lower on the list of priorities.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    The kills are acquired in PvP matches or the Space Warzone map. Klingon Ship killer is harder just because KvK matches rarely ever pop. :(
    Go to N'Vak, no shortage of Klingons there. Or if, for some reason, there is a shortage, enjoy your quiet and uninterrupted farming until some show up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]