test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elim Garak is AWESOME

2»

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wait, you have DS9 on Netflix? :confused: I just got Netflix, and the only Star Trek stuff they have is the TNG movies and JJTrek.

to get American Netflix:

Install Media Hint
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    he would be an old man and a political creature of habit, a far cry from his youthful days which is well known for. that would be sad if STO devs turn him into that type of... creature.

Yes he would be a better junkie on the lamb.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Garak is Meh, he's not even a good tailor.

Shutup, Dukat! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • tngtrekmantngtrekman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone, new member saying hello. Just wanted to add to the conversation.

On the topic of great Garak scenes, I just wanted to mention the scene between him and Quark in "The Way of the Warrior." They're both talking about the Federation and using Root Beer as the metaphor. Wonderfully acted and written.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Netflix Canada does have DS9. I can confirm that.

And yes, Garak is by far the coolest character in the series. Probably his best appearance is in Season 6's "In the Pale Moonlight".
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • asches1asches1 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you like Elim Garak, you should read the "A Stitch in Time". It's about him and how he became who he is in DS9. It's starts really after DS9 but he writes to the Doctor about his past. So… I liked it, maybe you will too.
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In case anyone is interested, below are links to an interview with Andrew Robinson, the actor who portrays Elim Garak. One interview cut into 2 parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6psuEBJBSs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2eRrzBPak