revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks a lot...

...and... wow.... not bad.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where's sulu?
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He is somewhere.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow, that looks stunning! I didn't really think ESD needed an update, but now I see that I can't wait till it goes live!:D
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Long overdue on this...the current verison has been a bit dated and trashy looking in some areas.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Next to the ESD holographic MDS that is in front of the new Admiral Office that is facing the outside window that faces Earth.

Oh....

Well okay didn't expect an answer like that.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3 of the images seem to be broken, its the hosts fault, its happening to other people with images on that site, hopefully it will right itself.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am trying to figure out the class of ship in the big viewport, the big one. It looks like a soverign but not. Nor a vesta. Its just weird looking. New class?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am trying to figure out the class of ship in the big viewport, the big one. It looks like a soverign but not. Nor a vesta. Its just weird looking. New class?

No, its a Vesta. There's a depth of field effect going that's wreaking some havoc with the perceptions.

Several other ships out of the windows though.

Interior Dock: Vesta, Miranda, Akira (not the Armitage, an Akira), Avenger and Regent.

Exterior Dock: Ambassador (in Drydock), Akira (in Drydock) and (according to Taco is on its way but wasnt in this build) the Odyssey-class.

Surprisingly the Excelsior and the Galaxy have finally disappeared. But the variety of ships from the ages makes up for it.

Also, there's Yellowstone runabouts flying about the station both inside and outside and we even see where the Shuttles enter the hangar bay (they have their own private airlock system with shuttlebays).

EDIT: Should probably also mention that Taco explained in the zone chat on the environment team's new masterpiece that unlike TNG, they're going to respect the size of ESD as established by ST:III and establish that larger ships like the Odyssey will not be docked inside simply because they do not fit in the hangar (the doors are bigger, but the Oddy alone is half the size of the Hangar bay).

Funnily enough, this is an actual complaint Andy Probert had against Gene Roddenberry when they recycled the ST:III shot for the episode with the bynars because the Ent-D shouldn't fit either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for these screenshots! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Looked like the vesta to me.
    The art team have gone all out on this by the looks great job so far.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when will this hit holodeck??? thurs you think? or much later
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    after looking at those screens i relly will start to hang on esd again ......i just have to learn to ignore ESD chat
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    when will this hit holodeck??? thurs you think? or much later

It is coming out with Season 9 which does not have a release date. I don't even know if there is an estimate.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Good screenshots! Thanks!

EDIT: Should probably also mention that Taco explained in the zone chat on the environment team's new masterpiece that unlike TNG, they're going to respect the size of ESD as established by ST:III and establish that larger ships like the Odyssey will not be docked inside simply because they do not fit in the hangar (the doors are bigger, but the Oddy alone is half the size of the Hangar bay).

Funnily enough, this is an actual complaint Andy Probert had against Gene Roddenberry when they recycled the ST:III shot for the episode with the bynars because the Ent-D shouldn't fit either.

To be clear on the size of the docking bay. The Odyssey DOES fit inside. It actually has some room to maneuver, and it does fit. What it doesn't fit through are the doors. Neither does the Ambassador.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    It is coming out with Season 9 which does not have a release date. I don't even know if there is an estimate.

Going by their usual schedules, it should be sometime in May.

Also: WOW! The new sickbay finally resembles an actual medical area. Our current one looks like a xenobiology lab jury-rigged into a triage tent.

Side effect: Now ESD will make our own fleet starbases look positively medieval by comparison.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going by their usual schedules, it should be sometime in May.

Also: WOW! The new sickbay finally resembles an actual medical area. Our current one looks like a xenobiology lab jury-rigged into a triage tent.

Side effect: Now ESD will make our own fleet starbases look positively medieval by comparison.

Na, Fleet Starbase OPS is still ok. It just hasn't the sense of size and epicness, which is ok for a minor outpost.
    It's the lower levels that are aweful looking, but that's always been the case since they are just redressed older maps.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

To be clear on the size of the docking bay. The Odyssey DOES fit inside. It actually has some room to maneuver, and it does fit. What it doesn't fit through are the doors. Neither does the Ambassador.

First of all, GREAT WORK!!! I love that it has the same fresh and "modern" look as the Utopia Planetia map does.

One random request: an aquarium! I know, just because the Enterprise-D had at least two aquariums does not mean that there have to be fish tanks everywhere, but they are just neat. I like that you can see Betta fish in the fleet starbase fish tank, which looks like a freshwater tank, and some recognizable saltwater species in the embassy tanks.

We still need a good bar and exchange, but I love the little details like the fitting rooms and conference table. How about putting some gear on the mannequins at the "armoury?" Again, great work.

About the docking bay: if the bay is big enough, and the doors are too small, couldn't the doors have been modified since the days of Star Trek III? Perhaps they could be modified as part of this revamp, for instance. Of course, if the decision has been made not to do that, I got no argument. Just throwing that out there. If ships can be refit, it makes sense that space stations can be too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

I should shut up for now on... <<; Sorry for misunderstanding what you said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited March 2014
    The new ESD is definitely prettier.

I am missing some appealing aspects of the old design:
    1. The new ESD is just "one big room". We are in one section of the station, the rest is inaccessible.
    2. We also lost the space view of Earth completely.
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know what would be nice? Some images hanging on some of those bare walls. Like the images from the load screen, or even beauty shots of all the Federation ships available in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    longasc wrote: »
    The new ESD is definitely prettier.

I am missing some appealing aspects of the old design:
    1. The new ESD is just "one big room". We are in one section of the station, the rest is inaccessible.
    2. We also lost the space view of Earth completely.

Not true.

1)There are several rooms, its just they are smaller and there is a very large concourse.

2) You can view Earth from Operations, go to the waterfall in the center of the map. Go around it, and bam, Earth view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How do you get your tribble not looking like TRIBBLE. I play the live game on max but when I port to tribble I have everything set to max yet it looks horrid anyway
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    llywarch wrote: »
    How do you get your tribble not looking like TRIBBLE. I play the live game on max but when I port to tribble I have everything set to max yet it looks horrid anyway

Your render scale is probably set lower than 1. It defaulted to .70 for me.
  • Options
    mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is the stateroom gone? It appears to be the only section of the previous ESDs not present in the new one.
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mli777 wrote: »
    Is the stateroom gone? It appears to be the only section of the previous ESDs not present in the new one.

not only is the stateroom missing but so is the bar. But if they do remake the stateroom i hope they place the npc,s better and they act more like they are there for areason other then looking as if they are waiting around for a train.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did two videos of the new ESD. 1st one is in my signature. It was put up just after the shuttle bay was added.

This is my second video.

It has the new sickbay, club 47, drunk starfleet officers, upper walkway, Tacofangs (yes Tacofangs) and the new kit editor options.

Whole video (feat Taco right at the beginning) : http://youtu.be/ZC4p8QNmZFA
    Tailor/ Goods purchase areas (including the Kit editor): http://youtu.be/ZC4p8QNmZFA?t=7m28s
    Sickbay & Club 47: http://youtu.be/ZC4p8QNmZFA?t=17m
    New upper walkway area: http://youtu.be/ZC4p8QNmZFA?t=21m54s

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Thanks to Tacofangs for video-bombing the beginning of my vid. ;):D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D