test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Draw FaW DOff

skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Instead of nerfing FaW, I think they should add a duty officer that has a 40% chance to proc on activation of Transfer Shield Strength. When it procs, it will draw all beams that are currently being fired by enemies within 10 km from the Fire-at-will command to itself and give a +100 (or maybe more) all damage resistance rating. I'm thinking around a 12 second duration would be appropriate once it procs.

Not only will this help mitigate FaW damage, but it will make engineers more desirable as they're probably the only ones that could withstand that kind of focus fire from FaW. Also, this would have no effect on PvE so no worries about making an already difficult PvE experience near impossible by nerfing FaW.

Am I genius or have I had too many Guinness?
Post edited by skurf on

Comments

• jpf2012jpf2012 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It sounds good but have i drunk to much jack daniels :)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    all the DEM would kill you through your RSP lol

but thats a thought, make it an RSP doff, draw as many FAW shots as possible to your self wile RSP is on
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    34 or so Elachi Arrays with DEM, Enhanced Shield Penetration, etc, etc, etc want to say hello...
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    but thats a thought, make it an RSP doff, draw as many FAW shots as possible to your self wile RSP is on
    No, no. Draw as many FAW shots as possible to you while *FBP* is on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    all the DEM would kill you through your RSP lol
    34 or so Elachi Arrays with DEM, Enhanced Shield Penetration, etc, etc, etc want to say hello...
    That's what the extra all-damage resistance buff is for. When it procs to draw the faw, it also procs to buff your damage resistance. Testing would have to be done to see how much resistance you would need to not pop. And it's not going to be something you can do in anything other than a dedicated healer/tank.
    Thought about that, but RSP has too long of a cooldown for it to be effective I think, especially compared with the CD of FaW.

Now that I did not think about, but it sounds amazing :eek:
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited March 2014

Hell give it 25% boost why you are it, you shoot and do 100 damage FBP returns 125.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited March 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    That's what the extra all-damage resistance buff is for. When it procs to draw the faw, it also procs to buff your damage resistance. Testing would have to be done to see how much resistance you would need to not pop. And it's not going to be something you can do in anything other than a dedicated healer/tank.

Thought about that, but RSP has too long of a cooldown for it to be effective I think, especially compared with the CD of FaW.

Now that I did not think about, but it sounds amazing :eek:

In my best cryptic voice: This new Draw feature will be put on tribble on March 13 please test it and give us your feed back.
    Player base on Mar 14: We tested this and it is way under powered, it should be called the sacrificial lamb Doff. (or in the mirror universe: it is too strong because all it takes is one ship to trigger FAW and that person is immune to damage for the duration.)
    Cryptic on Marc 20: THe new Draw feature is going live as it was on Tribble Enjoy.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So basically a taunt doff.

I could get behind that. (its probably safer back there)

Maybe add its proc to several abilitys, like FBP, RSP, APD, and maybe even PH.

More utility that way.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus