test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Programmers

sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Ten Forward
Overhead whilst in the company of Klingon Programmers:

1. Defensive programming? Never! Klingon programs are always on the offense. Yes, offensive programming is what we do best.

2. Specifications are for the weak and timid!

3. This machine is GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code!

4. You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.

5. Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!

6. What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.

7. Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' -- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.

8. Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak. Bugs are good for building character in the user.

9. I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a Bat'leth contest on the holodeck. They will not concern us again.

10. A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!

11. By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!

12. You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!

13. Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

14. Our competitors are without honor!

15. Python? That is for children. A Klingon Warrior uses only machine code, keyed in on the front panel switches in raw binary.

16. Klingon programs don't do accountancy. For that, you need a Ferengi.

17. Klingon multitasking systems do not support "time-sharing". When a Klingon program wants to run, it challenges the scheduler in hand-to-hand combat and owns the machine.

18. Perhaps it IS a good day to die! I say we ship it!

19. My program has just dumped Sto-vo-Core!

20. Behold, the keyboard of Kahless! The greatest Klingon code warrior that ever lived!

(Source: http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/textos/klingon_programmer.en.html)
Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have no words. Only maniacal laughter. :D:D:D
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've seen this several times but I've never read the entire thing because I always get to number 13 and die laughing.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hilarious! We need more stuff like this!
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    remember the 277th rule of acquisition, pay the Klingon programer what he wants if you value the use of your exisiting limbs
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sumghai wrote: »
    Overhead whilst in the company of Klingon Programmers:

1. Defensive programming? Never! Klingon programs are always on the offense. Yes, offensive programming is what we do best.

2. Specifications are for the weak and timid!

3. This machine is GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code!

4. You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.

5. Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!

6. What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.

7. Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' -- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.

8. Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak. Bugs are good for building character in the user.

9. I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a Bat'leth contest on the holodeck. They will not concern us again.

10. A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!

11. By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!

12. You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!

13. Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

14. Our competitors are without honor!

15. Python? That is for children. A Klingon Warrior uses only machine code, keyed in on the front panel switches in raw binary.

16. Klingon programs don't do accountancy. For that, you need a Ferengi.

17. Klingon multitasking systems do not support "time-sharing". When a Klingon program wants to run, it challenges the scheduler in hand-to-hand combat and owns the machine.

18. Perhaps it IS a good day to die! I say we ship it!

19. My program has just dumped Sto-vo-Core!

20. Behold, the keyboard of Kahless! The greatest Klingon code warrior that ever lived!

(Source: http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/textos/klingon_programmer.en.html)

I never knew Cryptic where Klingons! Hmm, if they're Klingons, why do they neglect them so much? (please don't start an argument)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are so many things I could say, but laughter is the best choice.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    I never knew Cryptic where Klingons! Hmm, if they're Klingons, why do they neglect them so much? (please don't start an argument)

Now that you mention it, it's a possibility ;)
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I bet the reason Klingon computers have such small screens with so much amoring around them is to prevent "hacking" attempts.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited March 2014
    I have no words. Only maniacal laughter. :D:D:D

lol ... me too, me too...
  • Options
    lauscholauscho Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    XD No words... XD ...should've sent... a poet... XD

:D
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I bet the reason Klingon computers have such small screens with so much amoring around them is to prevent "hacking" attempts.

Real warriors hack computers with an axe.