test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official feedback thread for the new queued event - Undine Assault

2»

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The effects need to be toned down a bit for lower end computers, it's not a bad mission other than that, i never had the respawning issues but a lot of lag.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Playing it last night, I died. Then respawned inside the outer hub part of the station that I resapwned near. I was stuck in the geometry and could not get free. I ended up just leaving exiting the game.

I know abandon ship was "tweaked" to prevent people from blowing themselves up in Sol space to prevent griefing, but it would have come in handy there.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Apparently some new maps were added for thsi queue off the patchnotes. So far me and my friends have found:

Ferasa Prime
      Trill Prime
      Rubicon 3 (Yes the Edo Planet and apparently their god got blowed up, I wasnt there so cant confirm)
      Risa

Add anymore to the list you find :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Vicious cycle:

Really nice map, good mission, hard, challanging but interesting.

BUG: Gives NUKARA marks, not UNDINE ones.

Ground bajoran map: : a nice and fun map. Not really hard, but its fun and interesting.

BUG: The undine boss at the end can get stuck in the wall and glitch.
      Undine planetary assault: Bad. Very bad. The enemies spawn all around you, spawn too fast.

Unless you are flying a scimitar with A2B and FAW, this map is not for you. Takes an hour to do, and gives 18 marks on normal. This mission needs changes.

Undine problems:

The undine rift thingie is way OP. even on normal, nothing can escape it except a romulan with singularity dump, evasive manuevers and engine battery. A lulzy hard escape combo for normal.

I also feel that their space knockback and teleportation should be toned down a bit too.
      Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Seriously, you need more emergency power to engines. It's not impossible to escape from. Also note that if you get hit with one of the fluidic space bubble things or an undine torpedo it's impairing your movement. Hit your hazard emitters, ep2e and evasive and run. APO is an acceptable substitute for ep2e. Sometimes I find I need to hit all 3 speed boosts to escape if I've got multiple stacks of their torpedo debuff and a puddle on me. Emergency to dampeners may work too but I haven't tried it.

Joined January 2009
      Finger wrote:
      Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      tpalelena wrote: »
      Undine planetary assault: Bad. Very bad. The enemies spawn all around you, spawn too fast.

Unless you are flying a scimitar with A2B and FAW, this map is not for you. Takes an hour to do, and gives 18 marks on normal. This mission needs changes.

This is a complete lie. 1) Yes you ahve enemies around you, but you also have back up. (2) I did this is in both a Defiant with CAnnons and a Gal-X with Beams and it was completely doable. (3) Everytime i've done this its been about 15- 20 minutes, right about what the STFs used to be. (4) I just ran it not 5 minutes ago and got 40 marks on normal.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Played it again. Once again, after dying, it respawned me inside the geometry of the space station. Once again I was stuck and unable to continue. This time I sent in a bug report.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      This is a complete lie. 1) Yes you ahve enemies around you, but you also have back up. (2) I did this is in both a Defiant with CAnnons and a Gal-X with Beams and it was completely doable. (3) Everytime i've done this its been about 15- 20 minutes, right about what the STFs used to be. (4) I just ran it not 5 minutes ago and got 40 marks on normal.

Huh, maybe it was bugged for me. For instance, the backup was totally useless, and died within 10 seconds.
      Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    • jdarkstar156jdarkstar156 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited April 2014
      Playing it last night, I died. Then respawned inside the outer hub part of the station that I resapwned near. I was stuck in the geometry and could not get free.

The same thing happened to me when I was playing it and it was with the hosts of Priority One Podcast as they where live on the air.
    • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
      edited April 2014
      The biggest problem I had with this is the inability to turn or move. Once I had the debuff I was not able to find a a lilts to clear it. I did not try HE. EM did not work. But as soon as I was free with in seconds I was hit by the debuff again. The debuff also needs to show up as some type of icon.
      320x240.jpg
    • will0robinsonwill0robinson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      THis mission is NOT worth the time it takes to complete. same with the other space bsed Undine mission.

Im rather disappointed.:eek:
    • joninatxjoninatx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      I haven't experienced any slowdown from the effects, but I can see how that could be an issue for some folks. The effects are an issue for me just because they're so big and so prevalent and so obtrusive. There are plenty of times where I can't see where my ship is or get a good facing because there's some huge blob or rift between the camera and my ship. (This is true in both this mission and in Vicious Cycle.)

I do find the engine debuffs frustrating, but I chalk that up to the way the Undine fight. It's fine.