What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan hangar pets

jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Well, Rommies kinda need hangar pets.

I suggest:

Sensor probes. Deal low damage, but can avoid most attacks and debuffs like crazy
Kestrel runabout: deals medium DPS, but is a good crowd controller
T'varo: deals high DPS, but is slower than other pets.
Tiercel shuttle: medium DPS and shield bypass
So, what other pets do you want?

Yes, I realise that RR probably needs more Carriers, but this isn't the thread for that.

NOW DISCUSS!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jmaster29 on

Comments

• Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tbh, all they really need is romulan versions of the current ones fed/kdf have. For the purists.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    What can Romulan carriers slot?

Before i buy an Arkif down the line, it would be good to know.

On KDF, i have the standard Voquv lineup plus Orion Interceptors from the Dacoit. If i could slot at least the Interceptors, if not the Brolth BoPs, then it would be all good. If just the Scorpions? Boring.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Essentially it can slot everything of its allied faction that is "generally available" and not tied to a particular ship there.
    That excludes ships like the caitian stalker for example, which you can only unlock with a caitian carrier, and since you can't get that as romulan you can't get the pets.

IMO thats kind of an issue on KDF side, since the only "medium" size pet (I know of) is the flight deck carriers marauding force which you can't get as rom.
    Feds have Runabout and Delta flyer generally available in that niche, but as KDF allied we only get small shuttles (that are IMO worthless in STFs since they do not survive for 1 minutes) or the "big" drones on the Scimitar only.
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »

I suggest:

Sensor probes. Deal low damage, but can avoid most attacks and debuffs like crazy
    Cylon runabout: deals medium DPS, but is a good crowd controller
    T'varo: deals high DPS, but is slower than other pets.

So, what other pets do you want?

Yes, I realise that RR probably needs more Carriers, but this isn't the thread for that.

NOW DISCUSS!!!
    At the very least, let all Romulan Carriers use Adv./Elite Romulan Drones.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »

Never happen till they invent a Romulan carrier in which case you'll have to buy the complete 5000 zen romulan carrier set to get the complete hanger pet collection.:P
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    So no B'rel and B'rolth pets? Or are those generally available since the Vo'quv only costs dil (thus, the pets are not paywall protected)? I would guess the Arkif may not be able to carry BoP pets though, which really does make KDF Arkifs kind of meh.

If I cant run Orion Slavers, that is okay. I would miss my interceptors, though

I generally slot Deltas and Yellowstones or Peregrines on my cat carrier.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So no B'rel and B'rolth pets? Or are those generally available since the Vo'quv only costs dil (thus, the pets are not paywall protected)? I would guess the Arkif may not be able to carry BoP pets though, which really does make KDF Arkifs kind of meh.

If I cant run Orion Slavers, that is okay. I would miss my interceptors, though

I generally slot Deltas and Yellowstones or Peregrines on my cat carrier.

The Bird of Preys are tied to the Vo'quv anyway, you can't use them with other KDF carriers either .

The orion slavers and interceptors work of you are KDF allied.

Yellowstone and Peregrine work if you are Fed allied.
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is something I was thinking about the other day when looking at hangar options for my Ar'kif. I would prefer that my Romulan tactical carrier use a Romulan hangar, but that shouldn't mean we should just copy-paste the other factions hangars with a Romulan skin/model. They should fill similar roles, but use tech/abilities with a more 'Romulan' focus.

So, Devs, would it possible to get something like these:

Tiercel Shuttle / Advanced Tiercel Shuttle / Elite Tiercel Shuttle
    Role: General Purpose DPS / Shield Bypass / DoTs
    Weapons: Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo, Single Plasma Mine (like the slavers' mine launcher) / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo, Plasma Mine
    Abilites: none / none / Plasma Wave

Kestrel Runabout / Advanced Kestrel Runabout / Elite Kestrel Runabout
    Role: General Purpose DPS / Crowd Control
    Weapons: Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo
    Abilities: Target Subsystem: Engines I / Target Subsystem: Engines II / Target Subsystem: Engines III, Singularity Jump

Would give the Romulans factional equivalents to Slavers, Runabouts, Interceptors, Type 8/10 Shuttles without just being copies of them.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    This is something I was thinking about the other day when looking at hangar options for my Ar'kif. I would prefer that my Romulan tactical carrier use a Romulan hangar, but that shouldn't mean we should just copy-paste the other factions hangars with a Romulan skin/model. They should fill similar roles, but use tech/abilities with a more 'Romulan' focus.

So, Devs, would it possible to get something like these:

Tiercel Shuttle / Advanced Tiercel Shuttle / Elite Tiercel Shuttle
    Role: General Purpose DPS / Shield Bypass / DoTs
    Weapons: Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo, Single Plasma Mine (like the slavers' mine launcher) / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo, Plasma Mine
    Abilites: none / none / Plasma Wave

Kestrel Runabout / Advanced Kestrel Runabout / Elite Kestrel Runabout
    Role: General Purpose DPS / Crowd Control
    Weapons: Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo / Plasma Beam, Plasma Torpedo
    Abilities: Target Subsystem: Engines I / Target Subsystem: Engines II / Target Subsystem: Engines III, Singularity Jump

Would give the Romulans factional equivalents to Slavers, Runabouts, Interceptors, Type 8/10 Shuttles without just being copies of them.

Ok, added your suggestions.

Anyway, try to stay on topic guys, Lets get the devs listening!

(Yes I know they probably won't)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So. Romulans need more hangar pets. It's not like Elite Drones are OP, and that Elite Scorpions are insanely good. As feds, you're more or less forced to use Elite Scorpions, but as the KDF... you have so many choices it's not even funny.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are you serious? Romulans may only have 2 carrier pets, but they're both the best in the game by an insane margin.

If anyone needs carrier pet love, it's the feds. All of ours suck, we have to use yours. We're also the only faction flying fighters from the dominion war. Our carrier pets pre-date every other faction in the game.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Romulans do have hangar pets. The Fed or KDF ones, belonging to the masters D'Tan has subjugated them to ;)
    Are you serious? Romulans may only have 2 carrier pets, but they're both the best in the game by an insane margin.

If anyone needs carrier pet love, it's the feds. All of ours suck, we have to use yours. We're also the only faction flying fighters from the dominion war. Our carrier pets pre-date every other faction in the game.

Incorrect. The only hangar unit strictly for RRW is the Scimitar's.

The Scorpion Fighters are not RRW-specific, as anyone with enough Rom Rep can acquire them, Fed, KDF, whatever.

And it's very, very subjective to call the Scorpions "the best in the game by an insane margin" because I actually don't think highly of them. If there's any AOE attack going anywhere, or even a Grav Well / Tykien's Rift / Aceton Assimilator / Aceton Probe within the same galaxy, all those pretty HYT Plasmas people gush over are *POOF* gone. Then what you're left are hangar pets that dont' do anything else special, not even survive. The only time they really shine are against stationary objects, but then again, anything will work well on them.

The Feds hangar units don't predate anyone's at all. Quite the contrary. The KDF has the oldest: The B'Rel BOPs for the Vo'Quv :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Feds hangar units don't predate anyone's at all. Quite the contrary. The KDF has the oldest: The B'Rel BOPs for the Vo'Quv :cool:

Technically I believe the drone ships are the oldest since they're a 22nd century design.:eek: Granted they've probably be updated since then but still that's one old ship design.:P
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Romulans do have hangar pets. The Fed or KDF ones, belonging to the masters D'Tan has subjugated them to ;)

Incorrect. The only hangar unit strictly for RRW is the Scimitar's.

The Scorpion Fighters are not RRW-specific, as anyone with enough Rom Rep can acquire them, Fed, KDF, whatever.

And it's very, very subjective to call the Scorpions "the best in the game by an insane margin" because I actually don't think highly of them. If there's any AOE attack going anywhere, or even a Grav Well / Tykien's Rift / Aceton Assimilator / Aceton Probe within the same galaxy, all those pretty HYT Plasmas people gush over are *POOF* gone. Then what you're left are hangar pets that dont' do anything else special, not even survive. The only time they really shine are against stationary objects, but then again, anything will work well on them.

The thing is, they're a Romulan design, and like too many other Romulan things in this game, the sheer number things that should be their contemporaries that they blatantly obsolete is ridiculous. Jh fighters, Peregrines, Shuttles, Todujs, Skuls, widows....

Unless you're a specialty build that needs yellowstones or interceptors, have frigates or want slavers, there's no reason not to slot scorpions. They're just plain incomparable to other factions' fighters. Parse an elite peregrine wing vs an elite scorpion wing sometime. A buddy and I got bored and did some pvp carrier duels where we would only send out fighters to fight, and the scorpions knocked every other pet I sent up out of the sky, without fail or even really exertion. Peregrines in particular are completely obsolete in the face of scorpions.

Every fighter pet goes down to AoE, that's hardly scorpion specific. The fighters still outclass every other fighter in the game, and you still have frigates after only a year of existence, which the feds are still waiting on, before even mentioning how awesome the frigates are. They might seriously be the most useful carrier pet in game.

Feds need carrier pet updates just to be competitive. All we have that's worth a slot is yellowstones. Roms just WANT more carrier pets because they're bored of having only 2 facerolling kinds. In the ideal grand scheme of things, there's a prioritized order, and Roms should be at the back of the line when it comes to carrier pet attention.
    Technically I believe the drone ships are the oldest since they're a 22nd century design.:eek: Granted they've probably be updated since then but still that's one old ship design.:P

And I knew I was forgetting the brel, and didn't think about the drone ship, so you're technically right there. Still, the Elite BoPs aren't Brels, they're new models. That was less about frigates and more about fighters though. We're saying whose frigates are older and feds don't even have them.

Fighterwise, federation fighters and shuttles are years older than those of the other two factions. Maybe decades. Not sure how much time passes between the first on-screen peregrine and nemesis.