test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking options for my Engineering captains

flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I have a couple Engineering captains for which I'd like to reshuffle their playstyle a bit. The first is a joined Trill on the Fed side, and the second is an alien on the Romulan/KDF side. The Fed engineer I currently play as a DPS/tank hybrid, while the Rom/KDF engineer is primarily DPS. Both always place in the top 3 in STO's DPS/healing race, aka Crystalline Entity (Elite), usually coming in 1st or 2nd.

Some other relevant info:
  • I'm a lifetime subscriber, but not greatly interested in the free destroyers
  • I have about 575 lobi and 100 million EC
  • I bought, but have not unboxed, a Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser
  • I'm open to purchasing additional ships via zen or EC
  • I PvE exclusively
  • I prefer to leverage my existing investment in gear, particularly the weapons and consoles

I'd like to orient my Fed engineer more toward agile DPS and put her in the Adapted Battle Cruiser, of which I just love the look. But I'd probably have to drop my current A2B setup if I slotted a tac BOFF in the ship's universal commander station. A tac boff there would open up more DPS possibilities, e.g.,THY, TS, and BO, and synergize with the Lt. Commander sci station (esp. GWI).

This is my current ship setup. The Fed engineer is maxed on all reps except Romulan, where she's at Tier 2.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=odysseytank_6009

I would appreciate advice on a DPS-oriented build and DOFFs for the Adapted BC, mainly utilizing current gear, though I'm not averse to buying other gear (e.g., an AP DBB, Gravimetric torp, etc.). If there's a better ship for my conditions and desired playstyle, please feel free to recommend it too.

Moving on to my KDF/Rom engineer...

She's currently in a Chel Grett, which has been a very fun ship, but I feel she could leverage her Romulan heritage (esp. Singularity Powers) and all maxed reps more effectively (particularly Romulan). For this, I'm considering the Ar'Kif, and would appreciate advice on a build and DOFFs. I'm open to other ships as well.

Current ship set up for this engineer

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=chelgrettdps_6009

Thanks for your help!
Post edited by flynn444 on

Comments

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First, don't run the MACO/A-KHG shield with Plasmonic Leech. The buffs interfere with each other, so if you have Leech and the room to run it, Elite Fleet shields are superior.

For a more direct tank/DPS build, I'd go with the Fleet Avenger or Fleet Sovereign. The Khnial is nice, but the LtCdr Sci seat limits how good Aux2Batt is on the ship (you'll want Aux power to run better Grav Wells, after all). The Regent-class (for the discount on additional Fleet Sovereigns) comes with the Wide-Angle Quantum Torpedo, which works very well with a broadside boat bearing Torpedo Spread.

If you have the whole Odyssey set, you could also just mount Chevron Separation instead of one of your existing consoles, sacrificing some of the ship's resilience for a lot of agility.

For your K-Rom, the Ar'Kif and Scimitar are both good ships. And by "good ships" I mean "the only reason the Fleet Ar'Kif isn't completely overpowered is because the Scimitar beat it to the punch."
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Dkora is a beast, my Fed Eng bloody loves it. Tough, nice enough manuvering, and enough eng and tac mix to do at least steady damage.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Except for the Battle Module, it's merely a match for the Fleet Avenger at best, which is also cheaper.