test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Camera Zoom

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
Is there anyway to increase the camera zoom besides the maximum point allowed by using the zoom +/- keys?? im having difficulties trying to get used to big ships, since i always feel that i need more space to see around. And i feel that it could be possible to increase the zoom beyond the limit in-game. Ideas?

I noticed that when i am in sector space, the zoom i using is almost the maximum, and when i get into a system, that zoom is maintained, but in the very moment i use the zoom, i cant get that zoom again.

Ideas?
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there anyway to increase the camera zoom besides the maximum point allowed by using the zoom +/- keys?? im having difficulties trying to get used to big ships, since i always feel that i need more space to see around. And i feel that it could be possible to increase the zoom beyond the limit in-game. Ideas?

I noticed that when i am in sector space, the zoom i using is almost the maximum, and when i get into a system, that zoom is maintained, but in the very moment i use the zoom, i cant get that zoom again.

Ideas?

There is a /camdist command you can enter. You can set the camera distance beyond the zoom limits to a certain extent. But the camera is reset to maximum after most map transitions. But it will stick on the same map if you don't go to extreme distances
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, its a bit annoying the need to enter the command every time i enter a system zone.. i was hoping a way to just over exceed the limit using the zoom keys. I always play at maximum zoom, and still , using big ships is not enough.
    edited March 2014
    the /camdist command doesnt seem to work. How do you guys manage to play with scimitars and big ships??? the maximum zoom allowed is just not enough. Same as in ground fights, that you can zoom out to a far distance, why cant we do the same in space fights? because honestly, ima going to avoid playing with big ships. Its really annoying. My skill bar is just overlapping my ship.. :( and i dont want to move my skill bar to the upper corner of my screen, for god sake.. xD.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /camdist x does the job. Where x is a number. I played a bit with it. X=300 seems to be the maximum more or less. X= 400, 500, 800 sets the camera further and further but after a moment the camera resets itself to the maximum default distance.
    edited March 2014
    fovrel wrote: »
    /camdist x does the job. Where x is a number. I played a bit with it. X=300 seems to be the maximum more or less. X= 400, 500, 800 sets the camera further and further but after a moment the camera resets itself to the maximum default distance.

Lol, ok thanks. I was trying with numbers from 0 to 10 :D, so i never noticed any change... i will check it asap. But, i need to do that every time i enter a system, right? :(
    edited March 2014
    Nervermind. It doesnt work either. It doesnt matter what zoom i set, after a few seconds, the camera go back to the original setting.. :(, i guess ima stop playing with big ships. Very dissapointed with this. Thanks guys anyways.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are indeed a couple of issues for me with the camera. After map/instance change the camera resets itself to a default position. This is in my case a kind of shoulder position, just behind your ship. I don't like it. I prefer a far away birds eye view; I want to see what is around me. I can handle it by using two keys that I have bound to zoom in and zoom out.

Big ships. Even with a max camera distance there is a much too large structure in front of my view. A matter of taste also of course, but I don't like it. I don't like to fly big ships in general, so there isn't much of a problem for me.
    edited March 2014
    Yup, i wonder why people like so much scimitars and those ships, for god sake , YOU CANT PILOT EM!!.

I just cant understand y cryptic didnt allow the camera zoom to go further, like the exact same way it happens in ground. As i said some ships, and i am talking just a bout a heavy warbird LOL!!, are really hard to pilot because sometimes the feel of lack of control is evident, and i really dont like to see my ship's shield indicators overlaping my skill bar. I cant believe in 4 years people never noticed this... LOL.

Another big fail from cryptic, seriously. I cant imagine the pain players would have piloting a scimitar or something like that lol. Not too much apparently, since the game is full of em.