test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove Mudd from Sirius and Regulus sector blocks

mehlindemehlinde Member Posts: 53 Arc User
Please remove Mudd from Sirius and Sector Blocks. The coding between him and the regular traders is crossed so that regular cargo ships I'm trying to buy commodities from warp off when I'm trying to conduct business.

Please remove Mudd.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• freelancen00bfreelancen00b Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree!! Get rid of Mudd
  • william7rikerwilliam7riker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mehlinde wrote: »
    Please remove Mudd from Sirius and Sector Blocks. The coding between him and the regular traders is crossed so that regular cargo ships I'm trying to buy commodities from warp off when I'm trying to conduct business.

Please remove Mudd.

I have had the same issue. Only, when I tried buying alot of shield generators Shield Generators, I lost about 400k ec.

Not that I'm mad about the EC, but wait until some player who doesn't have EC to spare runs across them, and gets ripped off also, and then hates the game forever.

Now if you fix him, I will accept that. But you have much higher priorities of stuff to fix, so please just get rid of him. THere are a bunch of other cargo ships you can buy from.
    Once I get a solid hour of free time, I have got to update my signature, with tasteful, but useful words that the rest of the community would benefit from hearing, or at least get a good laugh out of.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That is not the only issue with Mudd, as the window that he has to depart pops up even if you don't do business with him, which is very annoying.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is even the point of Mudd being there?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    What is even the point of Mudd being there?

He is just a gimmick reference to the TOS episode "Mudd's women". That's all really.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I figured as much.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Honestly.... the only thing they need to do, is to make it so he stops hailing people. THAT is the reason he is so annoying.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He is just a gimmick reference to the TOS episode "Mudd's women". That's all really.

Actually he was in three episodes. Mudd's Women, I Mudd, and Mudd's Passion from the animated series. He has the additional distinction of being one of only two enemies (if that's the right term for Mudd, but there it is) to go up against Kirk more than once (the other being Khan).

Still, his hails are annoying.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mudd is most iritating when you are in the middle of something with a freighter or cell ship and Mudd's dialogue box pops up to say he his leaving which drops you out of your activity with te freighter or cell ship... thus wasting time.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whats the point of merchants in sector space? Am I missing on cheaper stuff all these years? O.o

Is a transwarp too hard or just people avoiding ESD/New Romulus/Qo'nos? I really want to know.
    giphy.gif
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whats the point of merchants in sector space? Am I missing on cheaper stuff all these years? O.o

Is a transwarp too hard or just people avoiding ESD/New Romulus/Qo'nos? I really want to know.

The normal Cargo Ships are the only places to get all of the regular commodities at a sane price. You can get them from your personal replicator, but the cost is 1.5 times what the Cargo Ships charge. This is very handy for reputation and fleet holding projects, which will usually require 2 commodities that you'd have to go to 2 different hubs' Commodity Brokers for.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I would like to see him either fixed or removed. These days my only encounters with him are when he hails me to say he is leaving, well...cheers mate, crack on I wasn't wanting to talk to you anyway lol!
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That is not the only issue with Mudd, as the window that he has to depart pops up even if you don't do business with him, which is very annoying.

We've been complaining about that for four years.

Cryptic simply don't care, they never have.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008