test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 = Shatner

jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
I predict that season 9 will be..... The re-return of Captain Kirk :)

Goofiness aside, after fighting dinosaurs with laser beams on their heads, nothing in this game can surprise me.
My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
Post edited by jagdhippies on

Comments

• coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "In a little known corner of the old Romulan Empire...and abandoned cloning facility is re-discovered...among the past experiments and plots of ages past there is discovered, a perfectly preserved clone of Captain James T Kirk locked in stasis...suddenly a freak energy surge takes place and all power is lost...the clone...wakes up"

I can see it too :)
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    "In a little known corner of the old Romulan Empire...and abandoned cloning facility is re-discovered...among the past experiments and plots of ages past there is discovered, a perfectly preserved clone of Captain James T Kirk locked in stasis...suddenly a freak energy surge takes place and all power is lost...the clone...wakes up"

I can see it too :)

Yeah, Romulans bringing back to life...never head that one before.;)

*looks innocently at his shelf with Shatner books*
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well they tried it once with Picard.
    edited March 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Well they tried it once with Picard.

And one thing comic villains taught us is if it doesn't work the first 150 times it will absulutely totally most certainly work the next time...probably.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I highly doubt that Cryptic can bring up the money to get Mr. Shatner to do stuff in STO.
    And why would the Romulans even care about bringing back an old, long dead outdated Starfleet Captain back to life...they pretty much have other things to take care about atm...

Since we are in the Delta Quadrant I would rather go and spend money on Kate Mulgrew - Janeway or Jery Ryan - 7of9. All others would be a waste of money and time at this moment.
    edited March 2014
    Personally I would sooner have Robert Picardo as he was by far the best actor and the Doctor the best character on Voyager. Plus he is one of the only Voyager crew besides Tuvok who won't be too old at this point to do much.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Yeah, Romulans bringing back to life...never head that one before.;)

*looks innocently at his shelf with Shatner books*

It's been 30+ years since those events, so you never know he might still be alive especially if he still has all of that borg tech floating around inside.:D
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    And why would the Romulans even care about bringing back an old, long dead outdated Starfleet Captain back to life...

Seduction tips perhaps?
    edited March 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    It's been 30+ years since those events, so you never know he might still be alive especially if he still has all of that borg tech floating around inside.:D

You're forgetting that even Pocket Books does not consider those novels to be canon with its own Pocket Book Universe...those events are exclusive to the Shatnerverse. (not kidding)
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will never happen, as The Shat is (was?) too busy and involved with training and riding horses; and horse competitions. That is his true love.

He doesn't need ST or STO.
    Personally I would sooner have Robert Picardo as he was by far the best actor and the Doctor the best character on Voyager. Plus he is one of the only Voyager crew besides Tuvok who won't be too old at this point to do much.

The Doc and Tuvok were my fave characters in Voyager so yes I was happy with the choice of Tim Russ. And you gotta love the Doc's 'charming' yet slightly sarcastic personality.

Rob Picardo and John DeLancie would be my faves requesting for the next FE actor.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
    edited March 2014
    Seduction tips perhaps?

He did get away with stealing a cloaking device from right under their noses and getting away with it using only his over the top acting so.
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I predict that season 9 will be..... The re-return of Captain Kirk :)

Goofiness aside, after fighting dinosaurs with laser beams on their heads, nothing in this game can surprise me.

I would love to have Captain kirk in the game.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You're forgetting that even Pocket Books does not consider those novels to be canon with its own Pocket Book Universe...those events are exclusive to the Shatnerverse. (not kidding)

:confused::confused: what did I miss? What Borg tech inside him?
    edited March 2014
    suzy32 wrote: »
    I would love to have Captain kirk in the game.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121

I would love to have your Avatar in the game :D
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shatner or Robert Picardo.

But best would be Sir Patrick Stewart, Jeffery Combs, or George Hosato Takei his-freaking-self.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    And why would the Romulans even care about bringing back an old, long dead outdated Starfleet Captain back to life...they pretty much have other things to take care about atm...

Locked up deep in D'Tan's HQ, in a vault keyed only to D'Tan, is a brain on life support. The brain of one certain James T. Kirk - from clone 152 that was influenced/completed with Spock's help just before the Hobus incident - that just now is finally "mature" enough to aid D'Tan with both the political and combat strategies necessary to maintain the fledgling Republic...

Counting on Kirk's knack for successfully walking the political and combat tightropes, D'Tan feels that Kirk's knowledge/skills/etc. will be what enables the Republic to survive & thrive in these harsh times. However, D'Tan is lacking the remaining components of the trinity, as Spock is gone to JJ-Verse and we don't know about Bones' fate. However, this is of no concern to D'Tan, as he now has a plan...

FE: Each mission is written with a little bit of "variety". In that a Rommie's objectives are success, the Fed's objectives are to somewhat thwart the Rommies while inadvertently helping them, and the KDF wants everything to come to a screeching halt yet they don't quite pull it off (so that a 'canon' D'Tan gets his Kirk comes to pass)

Mission 1: Player gets assigned to seek out the planet from Spock's Brain, because the computer there has residual access to Spock's engrams in it's storage.
    Mission 2: Player does some "research/investigation" to find out Bones' retirement hideout.
    Mission 3: Player goes to find the good doctor.
    Mission 4: Player takes engrams and Bones to Vulcan, and on that katra-mountain (Mt. Sehala? Can't recall the name right now) attempt to fuse all these remnants (from Bones, engrams, leftover shreds in the Katra halls) back into a semi-functional Spock...
    Mission 5: Deliver both Bones and Spock-engrams to D'Tan for him to vault...

And the joy of all this is that if the "costs" to get Shatner / Nimoy are "too prohibitive", they can go with "sound-alikes" filtered through an imperfect computer replica... (Kind of have to with Bones since Mr. Kelley is no longer with us...)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited March 2014
    :confused::confused: what did I miss? What Borg tech inside him?

There are a few 90's novels written by Shatner. In one a bunch of Romulans, who have allied with the Borg, bring Kirk back to life. They use his stolen body, Borg tech and a weird thingy that manages to create a temporal mental snapshot from the moment of his death...I think that's what it does...it's been a while since I read it. They then brainwash him and send him to kill Picard. The novel is called "The Return".

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Return

It's interesting to read, with really well-written accurate characters IMHO, but sorta slightly insane hence not even Pocket Books itself considers it part of their own continuity.
    edited March 2014
    He did get away with stealing a cloaking device from right under their noses and getting away with it using only his over the top acting so.

Yeah well, Kirk was screaming a lot and kicked a dude in the face in cloak control but it was actually Spock who did the seduction.:cool:
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seduction tips perhaps?

... You know... for science.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited March 2014
    There are a few 90's novels written by Shatner. In one a bunch of Romulans, who have allied with the Borg, bring Kirk back to life. They use his stolen body, Borg tech and a weird thingy that manages to create a temporal mental snapshot from the moment of his death...I think that's what it does...it's been a while since I read it. They then brainwash him and send him to kill Picard. The novel is called "The Return".

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Return

It's interesting to read, with really well-written accurate characters IMHO, but sorta slightly insane hence not even Pocket Books itself considers it part of their own continuity.

Senk you!

Will take a look at this. Maybe there's also a tastefull description on "how" this tech came into his body. The nice way or the interesting because of a probe way :D
    edited March 2014
    Senk you!

Will take a look at this. Maybe there's also a tastefull description on "how" this tech came into his body. The nice way or the interesting because of a probe way :D

My pleasure and have fun...probing the book:D
    edited March 2014
    My pleasure and have fun...probing the book:D

And there we have a new word for the German Dictionary :D

May the Galaxy class Reboot be with you
    edited March 2014
    And there we have a new word for the German Dictionary :D

May the Galaxy class Reboot be with you

Ahoi aus Nordrhein Westfalen!

May the Reboot be with you as well.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So Season 9 will be filled with random, awkward, dialog pauses? :D
    edited March 2014
    Ahoi aus Nordrhein Westfalen!

May the Reboot be with you as well.

Grias di aus der Steiermark
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shatner should stay away from this game. He's an arrogant, obnoxious troll.

#opinion
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Shatner or Robert Picardo.

But best would be Sir Patrick Stewart, Jeffery Combs, or George Hosato Takei his-freaking-self.

Im with this guy
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    George Takei would be my first choice, but this game has gotten so ridiculous that I actually think Shatner would be the best fit
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Shatner should stay away from this game. He's an arrogant, obnoxious troll.

He sounds perfect for STO.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014

How about a planet sized tribble? Where we fight against giant fleas? And our starships weave between giant tribble hairs?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.