test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs, type 8 shuttle adv.+???

luvsto1701luvsto1701 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Federation Discussion
Where is the hangar pet type 8 shuttle for elite/elite fleet/advanced?

I have scoured the game and the web and only the rare appears to exist.

With the upcoming dreadnaught release next week that comes with the type 8, I would like to be able to buy in-game the versions above the simple blue rare hangar pet.

They appear to have never been made?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Type_8_Shuttles
Post edited by luvsto1701 on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The improved version are the Type 10 shuttles, and not worth buying. If you want to stick to a proper Federation shuttle-style pet, get either Runabouts or Delta Flyers. Shuttle pets themselves are a joke.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shuttle pets are mass murder. I use Swarmers if I have a ship that is stuck with a hangar. (Seriously, I never bought a ship because it has a hangar. Only in spite of.)
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Used the type 8 on tribble yesterday when trying the 'new' dreadnought. They suck. Can't imagine a VR or Fleet version doing much more. (And the 'new' Gal-X still sucks, if you're wondering.)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For the Dreadnought, I'd think that Runabouts would be a no-brainer. Tractor Beams = Phaser Lance setup.
  • spaceblahdspaceblahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For the Dreadnought, I'd think that Runabouts would be a no-brainer. Tractor Beams = Phaser Lance setup.

Totally agree. would love some type-8 shuttlesa that could compete but nothing really does with the yellowstones
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2014
    I like how the Type 8/10s have 2 BAs and come in 6, they also replace faster than the heavier stuff. Good for killing borgian uber torpedos, romulan doubleD torpedo panic, swarmers, and just finding out if/what your pets are fighting (also, the type 10's pol hull isn't useless when dealling with talshiar/ breen heavies.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Of course they would suck, they are shuttles ... they suck, its a question what sucks less ... Fleet Type-10 or Fleet Peregrines? Elite Scorpions are the best fighters in the game.

Testing blue fighters is not a proper test because its the basic version, the only thing they have is beam arrays ... of course the Type-8 would suck because they have nothing, its the Type-10 that have something, PH I.

Elite Scorpions were the best universal fighters in the game until Elite Swarmer made their appearence.