test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet T'Varo Crazy Projectile Build

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
This is my insane build for a Fleet T'Varo. It looks nuts when you see it on the paper doll and in some ways I can still not believe how well it works but this thing is an utter explosive terror that easily outclasses a lot of energy weapon only ships while hardly using energy weapons at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3hU5v2W6DM
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That is fairly fail. Look up some real torp t'varos.;)
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    noblet wrote: »

Your opinion is noted but I have had absolutely no trouble terrorizing everything in my path with it.

If you are referring to the Transphasic boats then LOL... I have experienced them a lot and they failed to impress.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    This is my insane build for a Fleet T'Varo. It looks nuts when you see it on the paper doll and in some ways I can still not believe how well it works but this thing is an utter explosive terror that easily outclasses a lot of energy weapon only ships while hardly using energy weapons at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3hU5v2W6DM

I like your instructive videos. :)

I was a little surprised by your Photon Detonation Assemblies, though, as 4x [+Torp] Vulnerability Locators would boost ALL torps, and only Photons ca. 1% less per Tact Console (which us utterly negligible).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014

As much as I'm not a fan of his videos (well, that's not fair - I've never watched more than a minute of them - I despise podcasts as a waste of time), it might help folks if you were to explain further what you found to be fail with the build.

Also, the calculator you link provides incorrect information for Accuracy Overflow...
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I like your instructive videos. :)

I was a little surprised by your Photon Detonation Assemblies, though, as 4x [+Torp] Vulnerability Locators would boost ALL torps, and only Photons ca. 1% less per Tact Console (which us utterly negligible).

How many Photon torps is he using? How many different types of torps overall are being used?

It's pretty Evil with how the Warheads go to Torp compared to the specifics, eh?

VR Mk XII Warheads are +20%.
    VR Mk XII specifics are +30%.
    ATV Mk XII Torps are +27.9%.
    ATV Mk XII specifics are +31.9%.

+7.9% vs. +1.9%, that difference of -10% with the VRs is just -4% with the ATVs. Pretty nifty, eh?
    edited February 2014
    Rainbow, 2 energy weapons up front on enhanced cloak boat, photon, universal console in tac slot, using hy for pve... etc.

There are 2 optimized builds for true enhanced cloak torp boats, a plasma one for stfs, and a transphasic one for pvp. Plasma is more straight forward. Transphasics requires more finesse, but not so much as it used to due to Romulan power creep - 30+% crit chance means clusters crit regularly.
    edited February 2014
    Rainbow, 2 energy weapons up front on enhanced cloak boat, photon, universal console in tac slot, using hy for pve... etc.

There are 2 optimized builds for true enhanced cloak torp boats, a plasma one for stfs, and a transphasic one for pvp. Plasma is more straight forward. Transphasics requires more finesse, but not so much as it used to due to Romulan power creep - 30+% crit chance means clusters crit regularly.

Hrmm, not sure that I agree with all of that. HY splash is awesome on grouped targets and targets should be clustered...as previously mentioned, there's only a 4% difference at the base damage level between rainbow and non-rainbow at this point, and well - Breen Clusters are fodder for the oodles of spam being tossed about.

But anyway, yeah - so I grabbed a smoke, took a deep breath, and made an effort to watch the video...

And wow...can I say wow? I'm not even sure where to start...meh.

The 2pc Romulan Harness Plasma Conductive Circuitry bonus...that +7.6% Plasma Damage - doesn't apply to the DoTs from Plasma Projectiles (nor the damage nor DoT from EWP). It only affects Directed Energy Weapon Plasma damage and Plasma DoTs.

Don't know if that's where I would have normally started, but since that's where the OP started - well, had to point that out as being incorrect. (Yes, for folks that don't know - I almost never talk about build advice; but I will babble on for days on end regarding mechanics involved in builds).

So I guess I'll just go along as the OP goes along...then come back to anything that might have been missed...

Which brings us to the Experimental Proton Weapon...like why? Seriously? For the 3pc bonus? Really? +10% CrtH with Photon Projectiles (Torps/Mines), +10% CrtD with everything, and additional fire modes for the Experimental Proton Weapon. Don't get me wrong, the 3pc bonus is awesome if you're running an Energy Boat built around using Proton and you've got the Grav Torp (maybe even some Photon mines as well)...but if you're going to be cloaked the majority of the time and running minimum Weapon Power (being a Torp boat and all) - uh...really? Why would you do this to yourself? The 2pc is what you would want...with the Proton console, which overall looks like a waste - but that's where you add in the +22.9% base Photon damage and the +3% CrtH to those others (and hey, kind of looks like a hodgepodge universal version of a Tac console with some other goodies - bingo! It has potential value depending on the build).

...and yeah, sorry - I couldn't get past 10 minutes. I can see why

was said...meh, would have been nice to have been able to see it without having to watch any of the video. Though, while a STOAcademy link might have shown some of the oddities of the build - it wouldn't have included the false information that was utilized to make some of those decisions.

The OP starts off by saying it's his only such build...the lack of experience with such builds is extremely evident with the build. Meh...I want my time back.

edit: Wait, did I just kind of agree with noblet on something? If I look out the window right now, are there pigs with jetpacks and rayguns flying around?
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bro, do you even stoacademy.com?

But seriously though, I'm curious to see the build under a magnifying glass to check it over.

I think i see a beam, y'all doing the overload bleed deal? I'd use another torp up front and get the omni directional to do the popping.

Do you know how to set priorities? The rom hyper is the best pve torp when it's set up as the main firing weapon
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited March 2014
    I wanted to clarify the VR Mk XII vs. ATV Rainbow thing I mentioned earlier...

That was per console.

So overall...

3-5x VR Mk XII General vs. Specific: -30% to -50% base
    3-5x ATV General vs. Specific: -12% to -20% base

(base is the TRIBBLE/Mk 0 damage)
    edited March 2014
    I wanted to clarify the VR Mk XII vs. ATV Rainbow thing I mentioned earlier...

That was per console.

So overall...

3-5x VR Mk XII General vs. Specific: -30% to -50% base
    3-5x ATV General vs. Specific: -12% to -20% base

(base is the TRIBBLE/Mk 0 damage)

Just because the gap got smaller doesn't mean rainbow isn't a nerf, if you do go for the rainbow at least pick a good mix, like romulan and cluster, to get benefits out of the tradeoff (speaking of which, I need to go test it out). There is no upside to the fail mix he's got on.

Besides, there's a zero point console on one of the tac slots, to make room for gemmick consoles...
    edited March 2014
    Just because the gap got smaller doesn't mean rainbow isn't a nerf, if you do go for the rainbow at least pick a good mix, like romulan and cluster, to get benefits out of the tradeoff (speaking of which, I need to go test it out). There is no upside to the fail mix he's got on.

Besides, there's a zero point console on one of the tac slots, to make room for gemmick consoles...

It's not a case of saying that it's not less damage, simply that the amount is not as bad as it was because of the gain that the ATV Generals get over the ATV Specifics.

VR Mk XII Specific: 30%
    VR Mk XII General: 20%
    ATV Specific: 31.9%
    ATV General: 27.9%

3-5x Specific Upgrade: 5.7% to 9.5% increase (base)
    3-5x General Upgrade: 23.7% to 39.5% increase (base)

Yes, you're still looking at the -12% to -20% General vs. Specific...but depending on the torps you're running, you could actually be looking at a gain rather than a loss.

Say you've got Torp TypeA and Torp TypeB with 4 Tac Consoles. 2 ATV A's and 2 ATV B's would get you +63.8% each. 4x ATV Generals would get you 111.6%. Previously, this would have been +60% vs. +80%...you went from a +20% gain to a +47.8% gain.

It gets complicated for Trannies, because of the Breen Cluster - it's boosted by Trans or Mine consoles while the Trans Torps are boosted by Trans or Torp consoles. General Torp consoles wouldn't boost the Breen Cluster.

Which is where you also get into the 2pc Breen vs. 2pc KHG, because the 2pc Breen boosts Trans (Torps and Mines) while the 2pc KHG boosts Torps (no Mines). Those are base boosts, btw - unlike the 2pc T'varo which isn't a base boost but does boost Torps and Mines.

Personally, I'm not a stickler for only having Tac consoles in Tac console slots...but the Uni that you put there, imho, had better be worth it - which means that your worst Uni that could go there needs to be worth it - that all your other consoles need to be worth it. So yeah, generally outside of healer builds...heh...tends to be Tac consoles in Tac console slots. I did run a JHEC until I deleted the guy at the end of last year where I had a Uni in a Tac slot...but imho when comparing it to the possible combinations I had available to me, it was worth it. I can't think of another time outside of a healboat or some gimmick for PvP where I've ever done that otherwise. I just like to keep that door open - each build is its own build.

His console selection, well - here, easier to see:

Tac: 0Point, 2x VR Mk XI Photon, Rare Mk XII Photon
    Eng: Borg, Singularity Stabilizer, Proton Stabilizer
    Sci: Tachyo, Plasma Destabilizer, Spatial Charges

IMHO, the Spatial Charges would be the worst Uni console there - and - I would not replace a Tac console with it. Course, I wouldn't have slotted the 3x Photons when only 2 of the 7 weapons are Photons either...so I wouldn't slot a 4th, but I would run 4x Generals - to go with that combination of the Hargh'peng, Bio-neural, Hyper-Plasma, and Grav Photon. Course, I'd drop the Experimental Array, Experimental Proton, and Photon Mines...going with additional torps to take advantage of the 4x Generals, the 2pc KHG, and 2pc T'varo.

There's all sorts of other changes I would make, but in regard to this aspect of the thread and discussing Tac consoles...yeah, I'd have them reflect what I'm doing with the weapons and the weapons I'd be running would reflect what I'm doing with the build overall.

Kind of like with Willard...

4x Generals
    2pc Temporal (Tachyo & TDD): +27.4% Chron base
    2pc Protonic (Grav & Proton Stabilizer): +22.9% Photon base (as well as the +3% CrtH)
    2pc KHG: +25% Torp base
    2pc T'varo: +10% Projectile non-base
    EBC: +15% non-base (I rarely decloak for the extra +10% because of the loss of defense (and I'm kind of lazy...wheeee!))

Where a typical Nanite run would involve...

GW1, Beachball, TS3 Gravs, HY1 TDD, Tric, R-Tet Cascade, Hyper-Plasma, Hargh'peng...with no further interaction required, because they're going to be destroyed. Can either go back and help folks finish off the Trans if they haven't yet or head off to the other side (or if it was the second group of Nanites, go play pattycake with the Gate).

The GW's doing AoE damage, the Beachball's going to do splash damage, the Grav Rifts will be doing AoE damage, the HY TDD will do splash damage, the Tric will do splash damage, even the Hyper-Plasmas are going to be doing splash damage, and the Hargh just does its thing too...even the R-Tet Cascades doing that AoE thing to the shields to get to the gooey center of all those Tootsie Pops...clump 'n thump...boom!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Conductive Circuitry bonus...that +7.6% Plasma Damage - doesn't apply to the DoTs from Plasma Projectiles (nor the damage nor DoT from EWP). It only affects Directed Energy Weapon Plasma damage and Plasma DoTs.

I think he added the Experimental Rom Plasma Beam because he has low wep power, and it doesn't drain power when fired with other weps. It's not a choice I would have made. The 3rd set bonus is useless here (and, in fact, the entire 'going-for-3-piece' plasma bonus route is kinda meaningless on his boat). Also, along with the EPW, having wep power this low is not what I would do.
    Which brings us to the Experimental Proton Weapon...like why? Seriously? For the 3pc bonus? Really? +10% CrtH with Photon Projectiles (Torps/Mines), +10% CrtD with everything, and additional fire modes for the Experimental Proton Weapon. Don't get me wrong, the 3pc bonus is awesome if you're running an Energy Boat built around using Proton and you've got the Grav Torp (maybe even some Photon mines as well)...but if you're going to be cloaked the majority of the time and running minimum Weapon Power (being a Torp boat and all) - uh...really? Why would you do this to yourself? The 2pc is what you would want...with the Proton console, which overall looks like a waste - but that's where you add in the +22.9% base Photon damage and the +3% CrtH to those others (and hey, kind of looks like a hodgepodge universal version of a Tac console with some other goodies - bingo! It has potential value depending on the build).

In all fairness, the EPW is kinda of a waste in other situations too. If you want the extra 10% CrtH on Photon Projectiles, and +10% overall CrtD, you'll take the EPW and like it. :) But not with such low wep power. I would have gone with full wep power and KCB, instead of Experimental Rom Plasma Beam; and then maybe the EPW too.

Using a Tact Console slot for anything other than, well, a Tact Console, is fail here, I think, as there are several other things he could skip out on (missile thingy? low-end Singularity mod?). And then I would have just put on 4x [+Torp] VL Consoles (or maybe 2x [+PhP] ones, and 2x [+Torp]).

All-in-all, I did enjoy his video, though. :) Then I did what I always do with video blogs like these: I took from it what was worth taking, and then, with the breath of kindness, blew the rest away.
    3lsZz0w.jpg