test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we have the Source Code for STO?

2»

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OP is either a troll or mentally unwell.

Thus i ask what I never ask.

Mods, please shut this down before it becomes even more of a train wreck than it already is.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If well-intentioned fans tried to get the source code of a dead MMO so they could continue playing it and failed, then it is far more likely for the heat death of the universe, aliens invading Earth, and the Earth being destroyed by a Rogue Planet at the same time than it is for a currently active MMO to give up their source code for free. I suppose if someone gave $200 million to PWE, then they can do whatever they want to Cryptic and get the Source Code that way.
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh you kids. It doesn't hurt asking!

Mods are what made Steam the company it is. So put down the request all ya want, but let's be real. Aftermarket modifications of nearly every product are what make the original product sell beyond the wildest expectations.

A bit naive to think it ain't gonna work with this. but then again, yer all too busy fightin and laughin at anyone with anything different to add. Who's the borg?

your attempts at a serious post fall hard.

First, you think Steam is a company, it is a digital distribution platform under a company called Valve, a great nifty software company with excellent people. They also have a (with purchase of a game) Source engine that is very versitle and has many many many mods becoming games.

Second, It's naive to believe a company with a basic Free 2 Play model, which relies heavily on the lockboxes and masterkeys, would give their source code for people to pick apart and find out how to score every damn lockbox ship. Not to mention the fact they'd sooner charge you up the TRIBBLE for the code than give it to ya.

and your argument would (without the above noted) have some merrit, if you were talking about a versitile standard game, IE NOT AN MMO. Apart from another MMO what good would the engine do you?
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think I'm going to close this one down.

Yes, the original post is quite laughable, but it's devolving into name calling and flaming - that isn't acceptable regardless.

[/thread]
This discussion has been closed.