test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Way to insall all patches at once

tomtombeatertomtombeater Member Posts: 0 Arc User
You know those various patches that install themselves during loading screens? Is there a way to install all of them for all maps/areas at once.
Post edited by tomtombeater on

Comments

• kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Disble "on demand patching" on your launcher (under options)
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • zeryon01zeryon01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When you open up your launcher and sign in, click the options button. There's a check box I believe for something along the lines of "disable on-demand patching", and then click okay. The launcher will then patch the entire game and you'll never have to deal with in-game patching again.

It takes a bit longer on patch days to download everything, but in my opinion, it's definitely worth it.

Hope that helps!
  • tomtombeatertomtombeater Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A word of warning: You're looking at an extra 6-7GB of download if this is your first time activating it. Make sure you have enough hard disk space, lots of time, and a good stable internet connection.
  • rubyskylarkrubyskylark Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This didn't work for me :(

Since I uninstalled Arc, I haven't been able to get past the patch screen? I've tried both on-demand and turning off on-demand? It ranges from 6mb to 13gb and the percentage never leaves 0.0% on the patch screen *sigh*

Can't seem to get any help from ANYONE to get my game reinstalled and working again...all since sunday, so I don't know if it didn't uninstall properly or what but it installed and worked fine for the four days prior to uninstalling :(

And yes, hindsight is 20/20, if I hadn't had to uninstall the game in the first place I could still be playing, but my character was crashing, so I uninstalled to fix her...and now I can't even play her :(
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @rubyskylark, try doing a system cleaning. Arc and the STO launcher leave behind traces that may be interfering with the game trying to install/update the game.

CCleaner is useful for this, especially for registry errors as well.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • rubyskylarkrubyskylark Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @rubyskylark, try doing a system cleaning. Arc and the STO launcher leave behind traces that may be interfering with the game trying to install/update the game.

CCleaner is useful for this, especially for registry errors as well.

I used to have CCleaner on my old computer, but my new computer doesn't have it, so I will try that tomorrow?

Thank you for the suggestion.