Install Arc
Options

Atrox PVE siege build

2»

Comments

• Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    to lazy to read through it all but did anyone tell you that pl and the maco shield to go together very well?

also i hope you have 2 tac team doffs slottet.. and i would remove the dc and mut another dbb up front if thats how you want to play and remove crf and make it bfaw.

remove st and make it he1 tss2 and you gain another sci lt com ability. i usually take tr, es and gw

im not really an atrox fan but bo ability wise this is how most of my sci builds look sci wise. i ususally add in a ph also cause its nice to have
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well good news OP, they're removing the shared cooldowns on the team abilities. So now you can hit all the teams at once. The devs made your build slightly better, enjoy.
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    If you can handle probe duty, you're doing your job.

I apologize for not remember the letter 'a' from a post from days ago. I really hope you feel better posting that wall of text just to insult my intelligence.

I'm happy you regret your post. If you never intended to field critiques, you should have never come to the forums. You're clearly intelligent, I respect that, but next time you think about posting please look up the word forum. I think it may give you some much needed perspective.

Granted, I am trolling you a bit. But my original critiques relating to your build are valid, as my advice would improve your build. If you're not willing to be educated, why should anyone care when you try to educate us?

Edit: In the spirit of educating, here is the kind of Atrox build I would shoot for. The build would be super tanky with plenty of dps and pure focus on crowd control. There would be a lot to invest in, but I think it would be well worth it. But if you just respec'ed your skills, reputation and retrained your boffs I think you'd see an immediate increase in performance.

Firstly, I suggest that you look up the common usage of the phrase "wall of text", since I do not think it means what you think it means. A "wall of text" is typically used to denote long passage of text without paragraph breaks. I do, as a matter of fact, use paragraph breaks, so "wall of text" is not really applicable to what I write.

As for regretting to make the post, I would personally not be proud of slamming someone unjustifiably just to make that person regret posting an interesting and fun build idea. To each their own, I suppose. Prior to the post which I just quoted, you offered no ideas or feedback other than simple attacks. In short, your commentary was entirely unhelpful prior to your most recent two posts.

As for the build that you just posted. I admit, it is a good one. In fact, I used something quite similar prior to switching to cannons and turrets. It was effective, and I have no doubt that the build you posted is even more effective. However, I tired of broadsiding with the Atrox. I just did not like having to switch from a broadside attack position to pointing my ship at my targets so I could use science abilities like Gravity Well and Tyken's rift. It felt somewhat tedious. With my build, I am able to pull up to weapons range, come to a full stop, and fire all my weapons while at the same time using my science abilities without having to do any extra maneuvering other than just keeping my ship pointed at the target by "leading" it.

As for Tetryon weapons, that is there because I simply like the color. My build could work just as effectively by switching to another weapon type and switching the Nukara Particle Converter to some other console. In fact, I stated in an earlier post that I have an alternate loadout in which I use Antiproton weapons. That is a fun setup, too, because I get to use the Omni-directional Antiproton Beam Array for my subsystem targeting while saving the forward weapons slots for another set of cannons or even the Experimental Proton Weapon. The only reason that I do not use it very often is simply that I do not like the look of Antiproton weapons. It is an aesthetic decision, which is just as valid as any other decision.