test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about some presets for things other than gameplay?

undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
i've got a decent PC, not great, but decent. i can play STO pretty seamlessly at moderate settings.

However, i want my screenshots to look spectacular, so i often max the settings for those. This causes stuttering and slowdown, but I can get my pics.

However, if I miss a setting changing it back, I can have a devil of a time getting back to the ideal settings if I forget some.

It would be nice to have customizable presets where we can switch between choices with one click during the launcher or even in-game.
Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
Post edited by undedavenger on

Comments

• Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the slider bar for Performance/Quality is about the best you're going to get with all the different computer configurations out there. Not to mention that the game now runs on Mac's.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Depends whether they can do this fast.

I know your pain, I used to play on a 5 year old computer that wasn't great when I got it (in the end, it couldn't even run Minecraft, so that tells you where I was).

But if it takes too long, I'd rather see other stuff developed.

If it is a quick work though...
    /signed