test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

getting bored....

semper8semper8 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
im starting to get bored with STO, i have 6 characters 5 Fed 1 Kink, 3 of them i would say are topped out (all reps, all Mk XII weapons, and most other things) 1 is in the mid and 2 that are well geared but don't have their reps or something done... what im trying to say is i feel like i am running out of stuff do to, the high high level things are either way way over priced or its a TRIBBLE shoot to get them....

Any ideas what i should start at? what do you like to do for fun??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    semper8 wrote: »
    im starting to get bored with STO, i have 6 characters 5 Fed 1 Kink, 3 of them i would say are topped out (all reps, all Mk XII weapons, and most other things) 1 is in the mid and 2 that are well geared but don't have their reps or something done... what im trying to say is i feel like i am running out of stuff do to, the high high level things are either way way over priced or its a TRIBBLE shoot to get them....

I challenge you to spend a week not caring about anything resembling a currency or gear. Play Foundry story-based missions and try to feel immersed in Star Trek lore.

Seriously, try this for one week. Say no to grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Not play STO.
  • semper8semper8 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hmmmm i think those are both good ideas lol
  • shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make a Romulan character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not play STO.

This is pretty much my approach. I switched over to play Neverwinter for a while. I'm pleased with the switch. It's a fun game.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited February 2014

Have you started and finished the doff mission stuff? There are four levels for each of eleven different doff areas (marauder/diplomat, engineering, tactical, medical, colonization, etc.) and all the doff mission chains (for example, each nebula has its doff mission chain; some nebulae are reachable by both Fed and KDF factions; Delta Volanis and Hromi Cluster seem to be Fed only)? It may not seem as interesting to some players since they aren't fight/fight/fight/fight/fight, get your DPS up as high as possible, PvP and PvE as much as possible, get the right build for each ship, get the right build for each character, etc. But, to me, they are the flipside that the TV series (from TOS onward) had, along with the fighting parts. "Star Trek" isn't just warfare. It is also exploration and science and contacting new races/species.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2014
    What do you expect? Happens in any game when you hit cap on multiple characters + fully gear them...Maybe take a break until new content releases or you miss STO.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tend to swap between STO and CO a lot. Don't care for NW's playstyle, and what passes for F2P anywhere else is pitiful. Trading off captaining a starship and being a superhero keeps either from being stale for me, though.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tend to go to single player games when I need a break from STO. Disconnect from the interwebs completely. After messing around offline for a while like that, I eventually get the urge to hop back into space. Works quite well for me.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    im starting to get bored with STO,

Well, when you do get there, feel free to give me all your stuff and monies! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Play ALL of the game, all Doff missions, go explore everywhere. There is TOO much to do in STO. If you are bored you have not familiarized yourself fully with STO and all of it's content. All of which is quite rewarding.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    im starting to get bored with STO...what do you like to do for fun??
    Log off and spend time with friends? First world problems are so "lol," seriously...

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Disappear until mid april, thats when season 9 is out. Just do what you feel is fun for you.
  • tormirtormir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make a Romulan character.

I liked my Romulan better leveling better I think, but I stopped at Wasteland in the missions.
    Going back now, I'd probably have quit anyway, the 20-30 minute waves of elachi boredom I just can't sit and do three of. I'll have to try again later with more dps I guess.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Go and play Forsaken World for a while, I am doing that right now, what a nice change of pace.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I challenge you to spend a week not caring about anything resembling a currency or gear. Play Foundry story-based missions and try to feel immersed in Star Trek lore.

Seriously, try this for one week. Say no to grind.

I support this.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Know the feeling and I have only two chars, well I guess we wait for april when the new story comes ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I support this.

Did that few times there are a lot grind missions the actual storytelling is hard to find but it is there.... It's well worth playing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Play totally different games. Say, Awesomenauts. Civilization V. The Arkham games. Any Total War game. Stuff like that, that is nowhere near the grindfest that an MMO usually evolves towards.

Other than that, do something else in the game. Make a Foundry mission, play one. Roleplay a bit. Walk around on some places you usually don't. Fly an ESTF with a 5k build, with a team doing 5k.

Believe me, if you harden the game for yourself, it'll be much more fun. That is why my max DPS ship, a Fleet Mogai, is somewhere around 8-10k, and my Excelsior flagship at 6k. I know how to do 20k. I just don't.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Check out the foundry section for the story missions, looking in-game alone will make it hard to find stories.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When I am bored I simply play other MMOs - I currently have over a dozen on my hard drive that I bounce between.

Someone made a post a month, or so, ago comparing STO to I Love Lucy. If you come home from work every day and watch nothing on TV but I Love Lucy for 2-3 hours then in a relatively short time you are going to start screaming about being bored with TV. Just as the average person watches several different TV programs per night, and per week, you need to treat gaming the same way. You cannot play STO 20-30 hours a week for months, or years, and expect to never be bored.

Too much of anything will almost always lead to boredom. Variety is the spice of life.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Explode Jebediah into orbit for a while.