test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling All Female Foundry Authors!

Hello, STO Community!

There is a nasty rumor that only men write and play Foundry missions. As a female Foundry author, I find that hard to believe.

This thread is mostly an experiment. If you are female and you have a published mission or you are working on writing one, please comment on this post. (As an added bonus, I'll try to play as many of your missions as possible.

Thanks everybody!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My very first Foundry Mission, Healing Old Wounds, has been completely reworked and rereleased!
(Also, a quick shout-out, please visit Starbase UGC for all your Foundry needs!)
Post edited by aleniskendra on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Where in the world did you hear that rumor?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Star Trek wouldn't be what it is today without female writers. I'd hate to think what The Original Series would have turned out like if it weren't for the brilliance of Dorthy (D.C.) Fontana's story writing (most of Spock's background/family/culture) and editing skills (keeping every episode somewhat consistent with Star Trek 'lore' regardless of who was writing it).

I know for a fact that some of the better Foundry missions are also written by women (the Romulan 'Raptor' series is just one example).

You go girls! ;)
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    Besides you Kendra I personally know of two women who have made Foundry missions, though sadly they have both since left the community. I'm sure there are more that I didn't realize were women.

The more the merrier I say :)
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • aleniskendraaleniskendra Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks, guys. :-)

...and yet, no females have responded...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My very first Foundry Mission, Healing Old Wounds, has been completely reworked and rereleased!
    (Also, a quick shout-out, please visit Starbase UGC for all your Foundry needs!)
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks, guys. :-)

...and yet, no females have responded...
    Which is pretty sad :(, best of both worlds is something to be proud of.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unfortunately, only a small portion of authors (and players in general) post here on the forums. I would certainly like to see more active female authors involved in the community. There's nothing about Foundry authoring that should skew it to the masculine.

If we could convince Terilynn to make a mission that would be at least one more. ;)
    edited February 2014
    Unfortunately, only a small portion of authors (and players in general) post here on the forums. I would certainly like to see more active female authors involved in the community. There's nothing about Foundry authoring that should skew it to the masculine.

If we could convince Terilynn to make a mission that would be at least one more. ;)

Does it count if I use my wife's account to create a mission?...
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

edited February 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Does it count if I use my wife's account to create a mission?...

No... but if you get your wife to create a mission herself, it would make you officially awesome...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    No... but if you get your wife to create a mission herself, it would make you officially awesome...
    Challenge accepted!! Although... I believe I already know the outcome.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

edited February 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Challenge accepted!! Although... I believe I already know the outcome.

*Alenis Kendra giggles.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't know whether I qualify as "writing a Foundry mission" or not. As in, I don't know whether it's ever going to get finished. I was going to work on it today and what do you know, I haven't... snowed under with college work and I've kind of forgotten what the theme of the mission was supposed to be. So that brings our total so far to one and a half. :D
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yet another man responding BUT:

I know of two that do a lot in the foundry for fun and for my fleet that are both women, however, they stray away from the official STO forums.

But, they do exist!
    edited February 2014
    wombat140 wrote: »
    I don't know whether I qualify as "writing a Foundry mission" or not. As in, I don't know whether it's ever going to get finished. I was going to work on it today and what do you know, I haven't... snowed under with college work and I've kind of forgotten what the theme of the mission was supposed to be. So that brings our total so far to one and a half. :D

Three cheers for Wombat! Huzzah! Yes, you count. And please, don't give up! I'd recommend that you stop by StarbaseUGC's chat sometime... they are extremely helpful and can be quite motivating. (I hang out there a lot.)

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Yet another man responding BUT:

I know of two that do a lot in the foundry for fun and for my fleet that are both women, however, they stray away from the official STO forums.

But, they do exist!

They do exist... indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realmalizerealmalize Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've arrived to lend support to this cause and/or product, which I use myself.

;)
    foundry_banner1.png
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Alenis! The project has got started again - at the moment. I've remembered what the idea was supposed to be (it had become a bit of a muddle of different pieces), so fingers crossed. I might drop in on SBUGC if I have time, it might help with the constant task of finding out how on Earth I do the next thing I want to do...
    edited March 2014
    wombat140 wrote: »
    Thanks Alenis! The project has got started again - at the moment. I've remembered what the idea was supposed to be (it had become a bit of a muddle of different pieces), so fingers crossed. I might drop in on SBUGC if I have time, it might help with the constant task of finding out how on Earth I do the next thing I want to do...

Totally! Maybe see you there. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]