test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do I need to buy more ship slots for a C-Store purchase?

thorlin325thorlin325 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
My main Federation character has no free ship slots. I am thinking of purchasing a C-Store ship or two, but was wondering if I get additional ship slots when I purchase them, or will I have to purchase additional slots or delete ships before I can access them? Thanks!
Post edited by thorlin325 on

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thorlin325 wrote: »
    My main Federation character has no free ship slots. I am thinking of purchasing a C-Store ship or two, but was wondering if I get additional ship slots when I purchase them, or will I have to purchase additional slots or delete ships before I can access them? Thanks!

You can buy them yes, but to use them you'll need an open slot to put them in. As such, you'll need to dismiss one of your existing ships, or buy additional ship slots.
  • thorlin325thorlin325 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the quick responses. Even though I have had the game since launch, I only recently got into playing it, so I am still learning about the game.

If I dismiss one of my earlier free leveling ships, if for some reason I want it back someday, can I just "re-claim" it, or will I have to buy it?
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sometimes when you buy cstore ships they come in a box tat is added to your inventory. So at the time of purchase, you may not need an open ship slot. But you will need one to unpack it. If you have any other cstore ships in your roster, you can discharge them and reclaim them later for free. However, you may be better off just buying the extra slot if you can afford it.