test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground weapon differences

seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Academy
I have been looking over the wiki and can't really find what I need. A list of ground weapons effectiveness. Something like:

x is good against <this enemy> because <why> but bad against <this other> because <why>

Reason I am thinking this is I just started playing the dyson sphere zone and haven't found a good weapon against the Voth.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only four enemy groups are particularly weak to certain weapon damage types (Phaser, Antiproton, etc.) that I'm aware of: the Devidians are weak to proton damage (from the "Ghostbuster" gun in their story arc, as well as from the Dyson Sphere Rep weapons), the Borg are weak to Task Force Omega weapons (both new and old), the Tholians are weak to cold damage (CRM from the Breen series, set weapons from Nukara Rep) as well as Sonic Antiproton weapons (mainly found in Nukara Rep), and the Voth are more vulnerable to the critical hit procs from Dyson Rep weapons.

There are a few enemy groups that are less weak to Tetryon or Polaron (the former if the tougher enemies in the group have no shields but instead equivalently increased HP, the latter for such enemies that primarily use melee weapons and are thus immune to the weapon malfunction proc), but they deal damage just the same, and in my experience ground weapon procs (except those that work off of critical hits, such as Antiproton or Protonic Polaron) are largely inconsequential except against the toughest enemies.

The only enemies that are particularly fought more effectively with specific weapon designs (Pulsewave, Sniper Rifle, Pistol, etc.) than usual are the Borg, due to the behavior of their adaptation mechanic (they tend to adapt more quickly to fast-firing weapons like compression pistols and full-auto rifles, but less quickly to Pulsewave weapons... and never at all to purely kinetic weapons like a Bat'leth).

Depending on your critical hit rate (get a Gambling Device, it's the best "tribble" since it gives you a crazy +10% Crit Hit for an hour), the extra damage from the Protonic Polaron weapons (and the Experimental Proton Rifle) can be significant against the Voth, but other quality weapons (such as Elite Fleet or MACO/KHG weapons) are themselves quite capable of tackling the Voth.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You dont need any special weapon to fight the Voth in the battlezone, just a good one. I always carry a plasma split beam rifle and the maco phaser battle rifle for sniper shots. And thats it, i dont need extra weapons specifically to fight the Voth, its not necessary. Of course, i am a tactical, what means i deal good damage, i have more crit chance and i have damage buffs, so i dont need an extra anti-voth proc. Now, if you are a science, probably you will need an extra buff, and you need the anti - Voth weapons.

If you have the maco personal shield, and the extra shield buff that comes with the maco set (personal weapon, personal shield and armor i think, cant remember) you dont need anything more. Not even hypos lol.