test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, I'll be moving to one of PWE's banned countries soon...

twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
I'd like to keep playing because I like the way the story is unfolding. But since I'll immediately turn into a leet haxorz gold-farmer upon landing I'd hate to ruin the game for everyone else, so I'll bite the bullet and stop playing for a few years.*

Not complaining about things I have no control over. No sir. I'm sure the reasons for forcing me into the arms of [ ANOTHER MMO THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED ] were all very good.

I'm just being pre-nostalgic for the Borgdassian Orbital Platform.

*Maybe by that point there will be a T5 Constitution...

Dear Kirk, may no one takes this post seriously
<3
Post edited by twg042370 on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Give Kin jong un my best. :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    can i haz ur stuffz?
  • Options
    whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twg042370 wrote: »
    I'd like to keep playing because I like the way the story is unfolding. But since I'll immediately turn into a leet haxorz gold-farmer upon landing I'd hate to ruin the game for everyone else, so I'll bite the bullet and stop playing for a few years.*

Not complaining about things I have no control over. No sir. I'm sure the reasons for forcing me into the arms of [ ANOTHER MMO THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED ] were all very good.

I'm just being pre-nostalgic for the Borgdassian Orbital Platform.

*Maybe by that point there will be a T5 Constitution...

Dear Kirk, may no one takes this post seriously

That is a damn shame I really hope you can work something out with them or they change this policy. Obviously there are alot of things to watch out for but, As a customer who has already shown good faith I would hope they have a contingency plan for exceptions like you.

Stay safe in that country wherever it is.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Give Kim Jong Un my best. :P

Now was that so hard? :P

Anyway, I was gonna take this serious. But then I saw the black warning. That black secret stuff isn't what it used to be since the grey forums kicked in.

If you are leaving the game, enjoy your new country, enjoy your new MMO, and LLAP \\//
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    depending on how badly you want it and the legalities, a subscription to a vpn proxy service could solve your problems.

Was just going to suggest this. VPN proxy services can solve the issue easily. You do have to pay for it, but it will allow you to continue playing STO.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    can i haz ur stuffz?

Let me see if I have anything worth giving away... I have an unused Tovan Kev lying around. Will that do? He's purple quality.
    lan451 wrote: »
    You do have to pay for it, but it will allow you to continue playing STO.

PEOPLE PAY FOR INTERWEB THINGS?!??!!!

I'm not really bummed out by being away from the game, Neverwinter, and Champions Online since I've done a good job of using up all of their content over the last few years and need to be away for things to be new again. I'm pretty sure STO and Neverwinter will be still around by the time I'm out of [ NATION OF UNACCEPTABILITY ] and won't have too much trouble learning the latest version of the skill trees and getting to the latest Rep Map.

To be honest, my only worry is not being around to say good-bye to Champions Online when it finally gets put out of its misery gets to the end of its natural life. Lot of good times were had in Millennium City.
    <3
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    AFAIK, the 'banned country' thing only keeps you from making a brand new account, not from playing one that you already made.

Unless they won't take your new credit card or whatever currency you might use in the new country. Then you'll have a problem.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Let me see if I have anything worth giving away... I have an unused Tovan Kev lying around. Will that do? He's purple quality.

OMg u r liek such a troll teh Tovanzez r liek teh bound!!!!11!!!!!!

And seriously, I've got 3 of my own. It's like every Romulan-half-(assed)-faction character gets one shoved down their throat.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its funny that three of the countries that banned PWE are controlled by then nation that made PWE.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    AFAIK, the 'banned country' thing only keeps you from making a brand new account, not from playing one that you already made.

Really? I recall that you and everyone there need to feel shame for even thinking about it. Any links that clear this up?
    <3
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Which countries are even banned? I was trying to find a list on the interwebs, but nothing found. Can simply be my braindead after this assignment for school..... enough Google for one day.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    if its a blanket IP ban from whatever this country is your failing to mention, circumventing it is a good way of getting your account shut down anyways. it's one thing using a VPN to bypass cogent in boston from a legal country to PWE server to avoid lag issues, its another breaking rules on an IP ban, taking illegal activity with the VPN service and potentially ending up causing problems within PWE's ToS; 10. K, 10. L and 11. B. you also do not know if like China that these restricted countries have their own internet completely isolated from the rest of the net or if they have active networks at all, so you may not get a connection anyways, on top of this the nation in question if ran like a police state will have your network monitored anyway. even for just a computer game its one hell of a risk, one i would never take.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.