What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borticus: Critical issues (sound & healing effect) on shield repair drones

cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi Borticus!

Shield Repair Drones:

Sound Issue:
The shield repair drones do this horrible metal-on-metal screech sound with every healing pulse. It's really, really bad. My dog howls on the other side of the house and I'm developing PTSD from it. :rolleyes: ;)

Healing Effect Issue:
It seems these drones don't heal very well when left under any command (attack or defend) and just stop in mid-air and do nothing if intercept order is issued.

However, if I switch from Attack to Defend (and vice-versa) the drones instantly start healing very well for about 2 seconds then switch to barely healing the rest of the time.

Its important to note that when you switch from one command to another, the 'healing pulse' screeching noise ceases and for those 2 seconds the drones actually heal well, they only make a water-like 'whoosh' sound which is very pleasing. After those 2 seconds they start healing pulses that heal for nothing and my eardrums begin to bleed anew.

Other carrier pet issues:

1- Birds of Prey pets are still not remaining cloaked until before their attack runs, then re-cloak after the attack run is done. We were promised this was to be fixed 2 years ago. When will it happen?

2- All pets take forever to return to carrier. Could we please have them use FULL IMPULSE back to carrier 5 seconds after the recall order is issued?

3- Recall order & pets dockings: I like the feature of pets re-docking with the carrier.... but could the pet damage heal rate be increased when docked please? Its really odd that pets heal faster on their own (launched) when out of red alert than when docked with the carrier.

4- Drones should not have 'stars' system. A drone is a piece of equipment, it is not going to learn or perform better the longer it is out. This is where green/blue/purple drones should have their performance matter.

5- Drones should not 'dock' with the carrier under recall. They should surround the carrier and do their thing (heal).

6- Why cant I assign my drones to heal other players in my team? Same faction or other faction the drones just wont help my team-mates. What gives?

7- Back to the 'star' system on pets... do you realize pets do not survive long enough to have full stars?

Why not re-work the 'star' system with a little twist? If possible that is!

Launch pets with full stars. Those stars = the number of times the pet will use a special attack (torpedo high yield or beam overload or drop mines, use tractors, etc). When the stars are at zero the pet ceases to use its special abilities. You can make it so that 1 star =2 uses of special ability..or something of the sort.

Docking the pets with the carrier re-fills their stars at a rate of 1 star per 2 seconds.

This will make carriers and carrier pets more dynamic and involved.

..of course it would be nice if pets got their resists beefed up depending on the quality (green/blue/purple)...the pets just die too easy as it is. If we have to reload them they should at least have a chance to live long enough to fire their attacks more than once or twice.

8- Finally, any thoughts on simply giving carriers more hangar slots yet still limiting them to using 2 wings at once? Its very irritating to not be able to launch what I need unless I leave combat so I can swap equipment around. Heck that could be the dreadnaught carrier's equivalent of the 'secondary deflector' in science ships.. more hangars!

Thanks!
Post edited by cmdrskyfaller on

Comments

• Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't worry, this'll get moved to the game bugs section and promptly ignored. Like the last one.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Shield Repair Drones:

Sound Issue:
    The shield repair drones do this horrible metal-on-metal screech sound with every healing pulse. It's really, really bad.
    Yeah it is rather ear bleed inducing. Needs a new very quiet sound effect for sure, or none.
    2- All pets take forever to return to carrier. Could we please have them use FULL IMPULSE back to carrier 5 seconds after the recall order is issued?
    +1 Also, sometimes fighters get stuck simply following behind you instead of entering hanger
    3- Recall order & pets dockings: I like the feature of pets re-docking with the carrier.... but could the pet damage heal rate be increased when docked please? Its really odd that pets heal faster on their own (launched) when out of red alert than when docked with the carrier.
    Are you talking about frigate pets? Fighters seem to heal reasonably fast for me in hanger. Perhaps the bigger hulls of frigates doesn't easily show the increase?

Also, shields don't appear to heal at all in hanger. Seem to remain static. Bug?
    4- Drones should not have 'stars' system. A drone is a piece of equipment, it is not going to learn or perform better the longer it is out. This is where green/blue/purple drones should have their performance matter.
    Higher ranks grants higher hull HP. What if there's adaptive AI tech in the drones so they in fact can learn?
    5- Drones should not 'dock' with the carrier under recall. They should surround the carrier and do their thing (heal).
    Not sure I agree. Having them dock is handy for healing them back up, protecting their veterancy and good for protection against AoE dangers.
    Does putting them in guard mode then hitting F1 work?
    6- Why cant I assign my drones to heal other players in my team? Same faction or other faction the drones just wont help my team-mates. What gives?
    As previous. Try putting them in Guard mode then target your ally?
    7- Back to the 'star' system on pets... do you realize pets do not survive long enough to have full stars?
    Thats been addressed with a new captain trait you can acquire that doubles rank up speed of pets.
    My wings are at 5 star more often than at any other rank.
    8- Finally, any thoughts on simply giving carriers more hangar slots yet still limiting them to using 2 wings at once?
    I would like to see super carriers with 3 or 4 hangers in them, but it'd have to be balanced by only having 4 or 2 weapons slots for direct weapons.
    Not sure they'd be effective though with the amount of AoE spam possible these days.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    syndonai wrote: »
    Don't worry, this'll get moved to the game bugs section and promptly ignored. Like the last one.
    Well, since bug reports are actually supposed to be set via the Ticket system - so that they can go directly to the QA division - what is said on the forum is pointless, anyway.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.