test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Special Ship Tray for Dyson

ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've got my Dyson Science destroyer, but I can't make the Special Ship Tray appear. When I go into my HUD, it shows that it should be there, and I even move it around a little, but it will NOT display in game mode.

I've placed the 5 buttons that go there in my "regular" big tray, but that defeats the purpose of the additional tray.

I noticed that in HUD mode, the tray looks a little small for 5 buttons, but I can't expand the size any. Could this be why it won't appear?
Post edited by ggg247 on

Comments

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Special ship tray only exists for special mission ships, not for your regular ship. The tray apparently exists just to keep the special ship's special powers from being randomly lost in the jumbled mess they try to pass off as a tray. Your own ship, naturally, doesn't have this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How did yoe even get the 5 buttons? Most of those abilities come with the cstore ships consoles that have not been released yet outside the mission...
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dunno what u talking about, there is NO special or extra try for the dyson science destroyers. The extra try only appears in featured episode, thats all...

Its probably that if there is an extra try, it will be available when you buy the other ships, but right now, with the "cheap" version of the dyson science destroyers, there is no extra try. Anyways, right now, there is no extra skills or whatever that will make use of the extra try.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It will probably appear when you have the C-Store version, that ship will come with the additional set powers. I see no point in them making a place holder for it otherwise. You do not have access to the special powers yet, apart from metaphasic shields that can go on a normal tray.
    People before you have already said that this Special Ship Tray is for Featured Episodes purposes only, serving as a demonstration of unique ship powers, like in the case of Obelisk and now Dyson Science Destroyers. It does not appear outside of those few missions and has no relation to any item set. Borticus pretty much confirmed this on the forums when Sphere of Influence was released - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13185771&postcount=8
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dunno what u talking about, there is NO special or extra try for the dyson science destroyers. The extra try only appears in featured episode, thats all...

Its probably that if there is an extra try, it will be available when you buy the other ships, but right now, with the "cheap" version of the dyson science destroyers, there is no extra try. Anyways, right now, there is no extra skills or whatever that will make use of the extra try.

5 total misspellings of the word tray. English man English :P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, that's what I needed to know. I got my ship and assumed I'd have the special tray just like I did during the FE. I guess I'll just place the 5 "extra" power buttons on my big tray next to my subsystem targeting ones.

Thanks!