test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Warehouse suggestion

sounthernrebelsounthernrebel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
We have a fleet bank that we can sore items in, why not have a fleet warehouse?

Why not make the Fleet warehouse a holding with three tiers; this is based of the current Embassy, Spire, and Dilithium Mine holdings. Each tier upgrade would expand the warehouse size. Projects to increase warehouse size would require: energy credits, fleet marks, small number of duty officers, and GPL. The reason behind GPL is there is not much us for it and everything already uses a lot of dilithium. The appearance upgrades would still require dilithium just like every other holding. The amount of energy credits would be high per project. Fleet marks should be around 200 and GPL would be around 30-40k.

The fleet warehouse would be able to hold the items required for projects that are not able to be stored in the fleet bank. You would get the same amount of fleet credits for stored items as you would for donating to a project. The warehouse system would remove the ability to donate to individual projects. Only those with the permissions to manage fleet holdings can distribute the items amongst the projects.

This system would allow the feature of removing resources from a project and placing them back in the warehouse. Being able to do this would allow projects that been queued accidentally to be canceled without the lost of resources. As well this would help smaller fleets manage themselves better and give larger fleets something to donate to after all the holdings are completely upgraded.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.
Post edited by sounthernrebel on

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like the idea except for two things...

As it sits right now, if, as a fleet member, I feel holding X needs more work than holding Y, I can apply my inputs into holding X. No matter what the orders, MoTD, spams in fleet chat, mail, what have you say.

The only way leadership has to "coerce" me into filliing holding Y is to either let all other slots fall empty, or evict me.

However, with this warehouse, you do the inverse. You put all power into fleet leadership's hands, leaving the grunts with nothing to do but stuff millions of commodities into the warehouse. Fleet leadership doesn't care about holding X? Well, it'll never get filled...

Then what's gonna wind up in the warehouse? Especially big fleet warehouses? I can see it now...

Fleet has a policy of promotion & access after X many credits. Joe-bob logs in with each alt, and dumps enough FM, Expertise, Commodities, maybe DOffs to get to X level FCs and "demands/earns" his promotion. Every other fleet member does same. Then every fleet member wonders why projects aren't being done in a reasonable manner - for they no longer can see that Dilithium is required to finish filling those projects (remember, it's all in the warehouse now) and begins to wonder why the fleet has stalled...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • sounthernrebelsounthernrebel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What if it anyone could donate out of the warehouse but you only get FC for putting items into the warehouse? That would prevent stalling if your fleet leadership is well lets just say not very leadership worthy.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What if it anyone could donate out of the warehouse but you only get FC for putting items into the warehouse? That would prevent stalling if your fleet leadership is well lets just say not very leadership worthy.

So donate to the warehouse then fill projects out of it? Kind of an extra step, isn't it, compared to the current "put inputs right into current project(s)"?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • admsimadmsim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    So donate to the warehouse then fill projects out of it? Kind of an extra step, isn't it, compared to the current "put inputs right into current project(s)"?

I see your point but a way to combine both ideas without having the issue of total control from the top would be only FC is earned from donating to the "warehouse" and it automatically puts the items in spots that need it. If items are donated that are not needed at that very moment, they get "held" until something becomes available that does and is auto fed.

This way will also guarantee fleet members can earn credits even after all projects are completed. It's not 100% perfect but I think a potentially better way to propose a system like this.
    "STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
  • sounthernrebelsounthernrebel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dareau wrote: »

I Understand wht your saying. It would be rough for smaller fleets but with the larger fleet with 200+ members its hard to donate when things are filled up so quickly. having a warehouse to donate to would allow players to be able to donate at anytime not just when projects were available.