test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission: The Vault

kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
I'm playing the mission The Vault. It requires a shuttle. From the mission briefs and walkthroughs I've read, it seems to say I get a voucher for a free shuttle.

I've talked to the NPCs on SB 39 but no voucher is given to me. The only option I see is to buy a small craft. Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Thanks for any help
Post edited by kermani on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You should be able to claim a Type 8 Shuttle for free. Are you sure you talked to the Shuttle Information NPC?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thanks for your reply m8

Would that be the cat guy? If so yes I did try that. Tried logging out/in as well to see if that would shake something loose... no joy w/ that either.

In fact I see no type 8 shuttle listed. could it be I am talking to the wrong, for lack of a better term, ship giver?
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think, if i remember right you need to go to the starship/shuttle requisition officer, the same procedure as if you going to buy any ship. Then, you must filter for small craft, and you should have a token given to you that will allow you to buy a free shuttle.
  • trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm assuming you've talked to Lieutenant Commander Kyle DeSoto. If you haven't gotten the shuttle voucher, hit him up at the Admiral's office again and exhaust all of the dialogue options. You should get the Shuttle Requisition form (and the accolade Size Doesn't Matter) from DeSoto. Then go to the Shipyard and talk to the Shuttle Requisition Officer.
    edited February 2014
    exactly what I thought bud. but he is not giving me the token. I selected for small craft @ the RO and get no token. My only option is to spend $ to get a shuttle. I'm kinda leaning tword bug at this point.

Do you think dropping and restarting the mission would help me? Had a similar problem with Mission: Installation 18. Dropping fixed that one. But as I go along I am seeing STO has a great community so I thought I'd just ask the people of STO.

Thanks again!
    edited February 2014
    trycksh0t wrote: »
    I'm assuming you've talked to Lieutenant Commander Kyle DeSoto. If you haven't gotten the shuttle voucher, hit him up at the Admiral's office again and exhaust all of the dialogue options. You should get the Shuttle Requisition form (and the accolade Size Doesn't Matter) from DeSoto. Then go to the Shipyard and talk to the Shuttle Requisition Officer.

Yeah bud I did this but got no accolade or voucher (from the catman). I did Desoto 1st then the catguy then the ship rec guy. no voucher. just the option to buy stuff.

I'm trying to be as clear as I can be here. But I know it's a bit hard so again I thank you all for the responses.

(edit: gonna drop the mission and see if it works this time.)
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Even if you can claim the free shuttle, dump it. It has no bridge officer slots at all and only 1 console slot. Pick up the Danube runabout type shuttle for 34,000 EC. It has a universal bridge officer slot and 3 console slots. It's much better.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited February 2014
    ok I dropped it. Then redid the 1st steps and now it works fine...

seems like it was a bug. thanks y'all
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kermani wrote: »
    ok I dropped it. Then redid the 1st steps and now it works fine...

seems like it was a bug. thanks y'all

Good to hear ... Just as an aside there is also the "Free" Ferengi shuttle that PWE recently gave away as a "Gift" for using the Arc Beta client. I think it's a bit better than the free shuttle ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Good to hear ... Just as an aside there is also the "Free" Ferengi shuttle that PWE recently gave away as a "Gift" for using the Arc Beta client. I think it's a bit better than the free shuttle ...

Its MUCH MUCH better.. lol.

The problem with the Ferengi shuttle, it is a 1 time only claim thing, so you need to be careful on what toon you claim it. I only claimed it on my klingon a few days ago to do this very same mission xD, but i never used the shuttle again. I think the metaphasic shield that comes with the ferengi shuttle is great, but i didnt know you cant do nothing while the shield is active... so, in the end, completely useless. But the shuttle itself is great, much much better than every free or ec shuttle.