test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qmendations "Party Patrol" Tip

jenova9jenova9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
The party-crashers (mini-Qs) with health bars are the runners, the party-crashers (mini-Qs) without health bars are the present shufflers.
Post edited by jenova9 on

Comments

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jenova9 wrote: »
    The party-crashers (mini-Qs) with health bars are the runners, the party-crashers (mini-Qs) without health bars are the present shufflers.

Good info, but there's more:
    Ultimate Guide to the Anniversary Grind:

The "Mini-Qs" are correctly labeled Party Crasher.

Some Party Crashers have hit point bars, while some do not.

The Party Crashers with hit point bars are runners- the ones that flee and must be chased.

The Party Crashers without hit point bars spawn the "shell game" where you have to pick which box they're in.

This information allows you to choose your preferred minigame by checking for presence/lack of a hit point bar over the Party Crasher's head before activating it.

Hitting "B" toggles between "RPG" and "Shooter" mode. In Shooter mode, once the shell game gift boxes stop moving pointing your Shooter Mode cursor at each gift box will reveal the hidden Q- the cursor changes to a gear-shaped "interact" symbol when it's pointed at the box Q is in.

Changing instances to one with a low population puts you in a better starting position- fewer people activating Party Crashers, as well as fewer people to be annoyed if they're of the "OMG they're having fun wrong" variety. (Those who start threads like this howling about people finishing their own dailies too quickly for those would demand we be rooted to the spot and be forced to watch that scintillating "dance of the gift boxes.")

;)
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you! Didn't know and very helpful
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks, but too bad you couldn't have made this post 2 weeks ago! Tonight is my last night hunting mini-Q.

:D
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fidelstix wrote: »
    Thanks, but too bad you couldn't have made this post 2 weeks ago! Tonight is my last night hunting mini-Q.

:D

Keep going to build a headstart for next year/event :)
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jenova9 wrote: »

This requires a tip?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    Yes.

Some people were just starting all the shell games up and running away once they found out.

That wasn't necessarily a bad thing...since after the shuffled expired, there was a chance for them to respawn as a runner instead. You could end up with zones full of shuffles and no runners.

When you can tag five runners before a second shuffle takes place, it's helpful to have as many runners available as possible. It was kind of funny, mind you - as folks would complain about those that were abandoning the shuffles...I found it more despicable to do what I did, simply change instances when there were no more visible runners. At least the folks forcing the shuffle guys to respawn were contributing...me...I just enjoyed watching the folks squatting too much as I ran by, finishing before they'd barely started.

There's no improved reward for sitting there and doing shuffles. Folks can pat themselves on the back all they want for taking longer to do something...but uh...c'mon...
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tend to just 'queue' up the shell game ones then once enough have been started run over and use the shooter mode trick to get it done ASAP.
    edited February 2014
    I'm kind of surprised that Cryptic hasn't....addressed any of this, eh? Then again, they probably may have compromised - knowing what this could mean to folks with alts, hrmmm...
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gosh darn it people (really censorbot?) ... broadcasting it will force them to alter/nerf it like they did the snowpiles!

..Do you really want to play the shell game with a chance to waste several minutes or annoy everyone by tagging every Q to find a runner?
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I couldnt get this tip to work, so ymmv
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    annoy everyone by tagging every Q to find a runner?

Too many have been doing that as it is.
    edited February 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Gosh darn it people (really censorbot?) ... broadcasting it will force them to alter/nerf it like they did the snowpiles!

..Do you really want to play the shell game with a chance to waste several minutes or annoy everyone by tagging every Q to find a runner?

Give them all health bars.
    Remove shooter mode making a difference.
    Only allow a single q (it is q, not Q) to be active per player at a time.

Then we could get some decent griping going from folks, eh? ;)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Give them all health bars.
    Remove shooter mode making a difference.
    Only allow a single q (it is q, not Q) to be active per player at a time.

Then we could get some decent griping going from folks, eh? ;)
    Mmm.... that sounds good. :D (not serious)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know you can see trough the boxes right? Just go little forward, crouch and move camera around a little and you can see mini Q inside.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is actually annoying when people trigger them all and this was in a low player instance. Instead of taking 5 mins for me to get the mission done it has taken longer cause people do this triggering of all.
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    It is actually annoying when people trigger them all and this was in a low player instance. Instead of taking 5 mins for me to get the mission done it has taken longer cause people do this triggering of all.

You know you can change instances...when folks are doing that, right? That you can bounce around to get it done in no time...right?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know I changed instances 4 times and each instance there was people doing that. Just so you know I am not some newbie.
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    You know I changed instances 4 times and each instance there was people doing that. Just so you know I am not some newbie.

Wasn't assuming that you were...
    ...wasn't assuming that you weren't.

Even with the need to bounce zones, it's still not taking more than 3-5 minutes to do.

Course, all my guys are doing it KDF side...the Feds could be worse.