test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hybrids vs Fleet Weapons

mt268mt268 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hi all. Im trying out some new stuff, Are the polarized disruptor Mk XII weapons as good as advanced fleet Antiproton (my current)?
Post edited by mt268 on

Comments

• Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The main thing to remember is that hybred weapons only have 2 proc and modifiers and fleet weapons have 4 modifiers and 1 proc. Since 2 - 3 modifiers on fleet weapons are [Dmg] you need to ask yourself what is more important, [Dmg]x2 or a proc.

Damage is the least prefered modifier for a lot of people. The disruptor proc is one of the best procs. Antiproton has a nice Obelisk passive.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally use Fleet weapons, And i have found the weapons to be pretty much on par or better than any other weapons available.

My Dmg x3 Acc phasers are possibly my current fave weapon , and from my experience the additional always on modifier is worth more than the Proc since that will be inactive for the majority of combat, so i would stick with fleet weapons

Just my thoughts though, If your going for that extra Proc, then i wish you success with your chosen weapon, and hey, If you get new ones then you have more options to choose from anyway
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited February 2014
    If you have the ability to get them (own a galor), spiral wave disruptors.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When I look at procs nd modifiers I always look at it this way. Is it Solid state (Will Happen) or Liquid State (Could happen.)

Procs are abilities that are given a percentage and could happen. Such as phasers. Very rarely do I see the "Off-Line" Verbiage appear in pvp / pve so in those terms a modifier which happen no matter what will always be more effective to me. Unless you get a proc that is almost always going to trigger and depending on the proc itself mind you, I do not think procs are better then modifiers, even if you can easily replicate modifiers. Not so much Procs.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with lasonio: space proc percentage is 2.5 ... that's small. BUT, it's 2.5% per shot, and in the course of a fight you can shoot A LOT.

Having said that, 2.5% is still 2.5%. So, if/when the proc activates, generally speaking, the disruptor proc is favored. That proc not only helps you, but helps anyone else against the target. Antiproton has no proc and only benefits you.

For my money, I have Spiral Waves and love them :)
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mt268 wrote: »
    Hi all. Im trying out some new stuff, Are the polarized disruptor Mk XII weapons as good as advanced fleet Antiproton (my current)?
    i would say so - disruptor and polaron procs have best debuffs in game.
    softed targets are easier to kill, for whole team, not only for you.
    an additional [dmg] on all weapons may be get you 1% more overall damage just for you only.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    alfamega wrote: »
    i would say so - disruptor and polaron procs have best debuffs in game.
    softed targets are easier to kill, for whole team, not only for you.
    an additional [dmg] on all weapons may be get you 1% more overall damage just for you only.

Disruptor/polaron proc chance: 2.5%
    Antiproton "proc" chance: your crit rate (which is 2.5 base and goes as high as 40 on certain Romulan builds)

loldisruptor
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Antiproton "proc" chance: your crit rate (which is 2.5 base and goes as high as 40 on certain Romulan builds)

loldisruptor

You aren't looking at the whole picture. That 1 disruptor proc debuff lets all your weapons do more damage and your team, while that 1 antiproton "proc" only affects that specific weapon.

Antiproton weapons don't come with very good mods either, most have the DMG mod. It is impossible to get Acc x3 ap weapons for PVP or weapons with all CrtH and CrtD for PVE in ap

The Voth antiproton weapons that do come with good mods suck because it loses CritD bonus.

Ap has been and is still highly over rated
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    40? that's not really realistic, 20+ is more like it is.
    but oh well, giving you got that 40% [crth] and 100% [crtd] base stat on ship. how much more raw damage will give you another +20%?
    thats 40% of 20% or 8% of total gain.
    disruptor still lower resi by 10% once its there, its not a one time bonus, its lingering bonus for all.
    more then this, check this out:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=611371
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=377081
    disruptor proc actually is a "bit" more then 10% ;)