test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

negh'var build

jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Klingon Discussion
So, can I get some help with my Negh'Var build? I want it to deal a nice amount of DPS, but at the same time not to be to squishy.

Thanks in advance
Qapla, death to the Federation!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jmaster29 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Mind throwing a build from stoacademy.com up? And tell us what you enjoy? And for pve or pvp? And what not?

Thanks
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Mind throwing a build from stoacademy.com up? And tell us what you enjoy? And for pve or pvp? And what not?

Thanks

Ok, I'll work on that a bit later,
    Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your budget is also another big consideration. It's a candidate for an Aux2Bat BFAW build(especially the Mirror version), but the doffs for that will set you back quite a few million EC.

I will say that it does quite respectably with the Sphere of Influence AP 2-set - either with broadsiding Beam Arrays or running Dual Beam Banks. As tempting as it may be, the tactical bridge seating really doesn't mesh well with cannons.

Also, you didn't mention the class of your captain. The Neghvar really does benefit from having an Engineer at the helm with it's ability to generate so much power and healing. You can get around some that with Doffs and Plasmonic Leech, but only Engineers allow it to truly obtain the monsterous power levels it is fully capable of consistently running.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Your budget is also another big consideration. It's a candidate for an Aux2Bat BFAW build(especially the Mirror version), but the doffs for that will set you back quite a few million EC.

I will say that it does quite respectably with the Sphere of Influence AP 2-set - either with broadsiding Beam Arrays or running Dual Beam Banks. As tempting as it may be, the tactical bridge seating really doesn't mesh well with cannons.

Also, you didn't mention the class of your captain. The Neghvar really does benefit from having an Engineer at the helm with it's ability to generate so much power and healing. You can get around some that with Doffs and Plasmonic Leech, b ut only Engineers allow it to truly obtain the monsterous power levels it is fully capable of consistently running.

Yeah, I'm an Engi captain, and I'll put my current build up when I wake up, thanks

Qapla!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eaglescoutdjbeaglescoutdjb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I need help with the same thing. I'm currently using all Polaron and Quantum Mk X common weapons, 2 beam arrays, a dual havey cannon and torpedo up front and 2 beam arrays and 2 torpedos aft. with 2 Polaron Phase Modulators Mk X, a Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk X and the Jem'Hadar Space Set. I'm doing much better since I switched to all Polaron and Quantum but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Here's my current build.
  • Options
    hazevanguardhazevanguard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi,

This is what I did on mine but I only do PVE.

I use KHG 2 piece

Front Wep: 3 DHC / 1 Torpedo (Quantum)

Rear Wep: 4 turrets

COM Eng: EPtS 1 / Aux2Bat 1 / RSP 2 / DEM 3 (EWP 3)

LTC Eng: EPtA 1 / Aux2Bat 1 / EWP 1 (DEM 2)

LT Sci: HE 1 / TSS 2

LT Tac: TT 1 / CRF 1 (CSV 1)

ENS Tac: Torpedo Spread 1
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I need help with the same thing. I'm currently using all Polaron and Quantum Mk X common weapons, 2 beam arrays, a dual havey cannon and torpedo up front and 2 beam arrays and 2 torpedos aft. with 2 Polaron Phase Modulators Mk X, a Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk X and the Jem'Hadar Space Set. I'm doing much better since I switched to all Polaron and Quantum but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Here's my current build.

I can't get the link to your build working, but a suggestion just based on the above: consolidate your weapons. Lose the DHC and the aft torpedoes, make it beam arrays with a single torpedo fore (and a kinetic cutting beam aft if you've got access to one). Might be worth considering dumping out the +Quantum console for a +Polaron, as well.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which Neggie are you running? Do you prefer broadsiding attacks or do you prefer dual (heavy) cannons? How about skills, are you fully spec'ed in energy weapons, attack patterns, shield emitters, structural integrity, etc? Do you prefer to be the first in, take lots of damage and heal it to stay in the fight, or maybe you like to hit hard then disengage to re-engage moments later?

I used to run a fleet Neggie both as a beam boat and a dual cannon build with a tactical captain, so I can provide you with either config, but there are a couple of neggies to pick from too.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you have a choice between standard Negh'Var or Mirror Negh'Var, I would go with the Mirror version. I have played the Fed Mirror Heavy Cruiser Retrofit, which the Mirror Negh'Var basically is but with more hull and +1 turn rate. The Fed ship is WONDERFUL to play as a beamboat with supporting sci like Grav Well. It handles beautifully and is useful in both ENG & SCI for the team. The Lt & Ens TAC seating is just enough to have some playroom. More than the standard Negh'Var. If you choose, you can even go Dual A2B, but it isn't required to make use of this great ship. And again, this is the Fed Mirror Hvy Cruiser Retrofit, which the Mirror Negh'Var is superior to.

Mirror version. You won't regret it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To me the Mirror Negh'var/Mirror Heavy Cruiser Retrofit is just a redo of the Kamarag Retrofit/Ambassader Retrofit that looses an Eng Console Slot for an extra Sci Console Slot. Exact same BOFF layout between those two groups. But its a good redo of those aniverrasy ships as you can't get the retrofits now. Only problem they have ia just for Mirror Negh'var and that its usually over 2 Mil EC on the Exchange.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rmxiii wrote: »
    To me the Mirror Negh'var/Mirror Heavy Cruiser Retrofit is just a redo of the Kamarag Retrofit/Ambassader Retrofit that looses an Eng Console Slot for an extra Sci Console Slot. Exact same BOFF layout between those two groups. But its a good redo of those aniverrasy ships as you can't get the retrofits now. Only problem they have ia just for Mirror Negh'var and that its usually over 2 Mil EC on the Exchange.

I like the Mirror Negh'var much more than the Kamarag Retrofit, much thicker hull on the Negh'Var (39k vs. 35k on the Kamarag) at the cost of turnrate. Plus the Negh'var is a canon ship and has an alt model (I quite like the Qu'Daj).
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rmxiii wrote: »

If you are one that has been opening lockboxes, chances are, you probably have a Mirror Negh'Var already (if you haven't sold it). If it's fallen into your lap, then great, I'd choose it, and it would be far cheaper than getting a 4 FSM ship which the Fleet Kamarag is.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The mirror negh'var is a very good and versatile ship. Here is how I have set up mine atm: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=iksangrytarg_5506

The LTC sci offers a lot of flexibility. A grav well is always nice if you use the gravimetric torpedo, for example. Right now I'm saving for the adapted KHG shield to substitute for a plasmonic leech, then I'll probably slot a HE3 to increase my healing/tanking potential :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is my build, it's also very cheap...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=cheapmirrornegh_0

/\